#1 CrappyShooter

CrappyShooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationYour wife's Boner Garage

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:25 PM

Saw this on the webpage. What do the Doodies think about pasting a half day on your day off?

Competitors do not reset stages while shooting this schedule. Staff and off schedule competitors will reset stages. Competitors will assigned stages to help reset on during ONE off schedule block. Failure to show up to help reset will result in a discussion with the rangemaster and could lead to unsportman like conduct and disqualification from the match for unsportsmanlike conduct.

By organizing work schedules this way we intend to make the match more social, more fun, and also reduce the effort put in by all competitors. As an example if you shot 20 stages resetting 7 times out of a 12 person squad you will reset 140 times in the match. Using this approach you will reset 48 times at the expense of one morning or afternoon.
  • diegomi likes this

#2 CrappyShooter

CrappyShooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

https://southernutah...ghts-nationals/

#3 jnkranch

jnkranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

Saw this on the webpage. What do the Foodies think about pasting a half day on your day off?
Competitors do not reset stages while shooting this schedule. Staff and off schedule competitors will reset stages. Competitors will assigned stages to help reset on during ONE off schedule block. Failure to show up to help reset will result in a discussion with the rangemaster and could lead to unsportman like conduct and disqualification from the match for unsportsmanlike conduct.
By organizing work schedules this way we intend to make the match more social, more fun, and also reduce the effort put in by all competitors. As an example if you shot 20 stages resetting 7 times out of a 12 person squad you will reset 140 times in the match. Using this approach you will reset 48 times at the expense of one morning or afternoon.

What cockfuckery is this?

#4 Cranky Gunsmith

Cranky Gunsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:05 PM

Who cares. It'll be fun to sit around while the super squad pastes for me.

#5 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:55 PM

I don't mind the concept but the match is spread out way too many days. Not sure I'm going to go.

#6 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:50 AM

IPSC influences are seeping their way into USPSA....how much longer before Pinto is allowed to sit on the BOD, two, three years?

#7 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:40 AM

Saw this on the webpage. What do the Doodies think about pasting a half day on your day off?

‚ÄčI don't love it, but hopefully it is an interstitial step to get things to where I think they ought to go (no competitor reset at nationals or area matches).

• GuruOfGuns likes this

#8 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:58 AM

Someone should hook the local Scouts or similar up to do the resetting.

At our Nats last month we had Army Cadets do this for us. There was like 2-3 per stage and it worked well. Nearly 500 shooters shot 18 stages in 3 days. At the end of the match everyone let the Cadets try their guns with whatever ammo they had left as "payment".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 Suck It Trebek

Suck It Trebek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:13 AM

I know I'm going to sound like a cheap fuck, but the cost of the match is too high to begin with.  It also shouldn't be a 4 day shoot, condense it down to 2 days with 10 stages each day, or at least shrink it to 3 days.  Hell if state and area matches can put 10 stages in a half-day, with shooters not resetting stages, then Nationals should be able to pull it off at twice the price.

• not that bryan and Sweet T like this

#10 CH3NO2

CH3NO2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:26 AM

Many years ago ,shot a match where the local boy scouts reset the stages .
All the shooters kicked in a dollar per stage .
So it cost you 10 bux not to even tape a target and the troop got some nice cash.
  • Buck Turgidson and Matt1 like this
NITRO
Nitromethane, nitrous oxide, nitrocellulose ....3 of my favorite things
To be sure of hitting the target , shoot 1st and call what ever u hit the target.

#11 CrappyShooter

CrappyShooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:29 AM

It will be great to wakeup amd get to the range early so you can paste for 4 hours before you get to shoot im the afternoon.

#12 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:38 AM

Not having competitors paste is a step in the right direction. Being a little more tired at the end of a match day because I've walked the stage an extra 100+ times pasting and setting steel isn't helping my performance any.

Not keen on the extra cost and more especially the extra time, but I'd rather paste a 1/2 day than paste while shooting.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#13 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:15 AM

Many years ago ,shot a match where the local boy scouts reset the stages .
All the shooters kicked in a dollar per stage .
So it cost you 10 bux not to even tape a target and the troop got some nice cash.

I tried this recently. Turns out the local troop doesn't even have enough kids to staff something like that.

#14 not that bryan

not that bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

I know I'm going to sound like a cheap fuck, but the cost of the match is too high to begin with. It also shouldn't be a 4 day shoot, condense it down to 2 days with 10 stages each day, or at least shrink it to 3 days. Hell if state and area matches can put 10 stages in a half-day, with shooters not resetting stages, then Nationals should be able to pull it off at twice the price.

Agreed. The majority of cost in shooting a major match is travel cost. Having the ability to shoot a match efficinetly in a few days cuts the cost significantly.
GA State has shot 10 stages in half day format for years with no shooter resetting (except for staff days). The key is lots of ROs to reset and small squads.

#15 redrider

redrider

lolcow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:27 AM

I've decided not to go simply off the fact with travel it is a 6 day event. I shoot enough area and sectional matches I can skip nationals one year.

#16 CrappyShooter

CrappyShooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:47 AM

6 day minimum depending on flights and travel.  At least they have watered down drinks in Utah.

#17 Mike Foley

Mike Foley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:11 AM

The off schedule reset scheme has been tossed. There should be an announcement later today allowing twice as many competitors during two 3-day schedules.
  • GuanoLoco, Foxj66, Suck It Trebek and 1 other like this

#18 McFuckPants

McFuckPants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:18 AM

Yeah, fucking repairing targets and picking up steel is really tough.  Cockbags.

If it's that much trouble, then go to Craigslist or Backpage and rent yourself a little asian (lady)boy to do it for you.

Between this whining and the fuckery with DNROI/El Pres/Bag of Dicks (BoD) not being able to follow our own rules (see other threads with much butthurt) - it's getting be like we're shooting with a bunch of "B" Class bitches (by which, I mean to say girls).  

Here's a fucking solution... Limited and Open.  If a popper don't fall, tough shit.  It's life.  Sometimes shit goes south no matter what you do (or who you vote for).

#19 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

Yeah, fucking repairing targets and picking up steel is really tough.  Cockbags.

If it's that much trouble, then go to Craigslist or Backpage and rent yourself a little asian (lady)boy to do it for you.

Between this whining and the fuckery with DNROI/El Pres/Bag of Dicks (BoD) not being able to follow our own rules (see other threads with much butthurt) - it's getting be like we're shooting with a bunch of "B" Class bitches (by which, I mean to say girls).  

Here's a fucking solution... Limited and Open.  If a popper don't fall, tough shit.  It's life.  Sometimes shit goes south no matter what you do (or who you vote for).

Maybe I'm retarded, but I cant tell who youre mad at..

• (Sh)ItJustGotReal, Mistadobalina and CH3NO2 like this

#20 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

It's stupid the way we do it now. Squad of a dozen people, 8+ of which all walk out and paste a target or two each or reset a piece of steel or an activator in an inconsistent way.

And sorry, but my kneecaps are steadily degenerating and increasingly painful.

The mind and most of my body body are willing but the knees not so much.
  • racetaco likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users