GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted Today, 03:28 PM

Why it no let me upload number 2. says max file size is 117kb 

A general commentary about Alain Joly and the Executive Council

From the moment I announced my candidacy, I’ve conducted a clean and positive campaign. I reminded you of my experience and credentials, and I gave you an idea of my plans for the future. I focused 100% on IPSC matters, as an IPSC election should.

At no time did I make disparaging remarks about the other candidates. At no time did I try to discredit them over any issue, let alone issues unrelated to IPSC.

Despite playing things straight, I’ve endured countless attacks by members of the Executive Council (EC), who either impugned me directly, or they used others with personal grudges to bear against me, such as Thomas Bovet, to do their dirty work.

Why? The Executive Council does not want an election. They want a coronation.

At first, the heir apparent was Fritz Gepperth. He was actually IPSC General Secretary from 2000 until 2008, but he very angrily and publicly resigned at the World Shoot in Bali after a German competitor incurred a match disqualification, and Nick refused to review a video of the incident.

After Vitaly Kryuchin announced his candidacy, Fritz remembered he has a young family, two businesses, and IPSC Germany to run, so Vitaly Kryuchin became the chosen one.

The EC unanimously supports their candidate, so that they can continue to wield influence over him behind the scenes, if he is elected. The old guard does not want to go away!

Many of you have already expressed grave concerns that the Russian Government will have undue influence over Vitaly. This is further compounded at the thought that the current EC will be looking over Vitaly’s other shoulder, influencing decisions made by his inexperienced team.

The EC wanted to give you a choice of one candidate, but I refused to yield to their pressure to withdraw my candidacy, thereby taking the decision away from Regional Directors. This is one reason why they do not want to see me as President, and why they attack me.

Whether I win or lose this election, I want it to be your decision, not theirs. IPSC is supposed to be run democratically, not by a self-serving and elitist upper echelon.

However, that’s the way the current EC operates.

Consider the Handgun, Rifle and Action Air rule proposals that you’re supposed to consider this year. Some of them were submitted by Regional Directors, who trusted that we would include them on the Agenda, to obviate the need for them to submit separate Motions.

The EC took those decisions out of your hands by refusing to include them on the Agenda, and they did so after the deadline for regional submissions had passed.

Of course, proposed Shotgun Rules are on the Agenda because the Shotgun Rules Director is a member of the EC.

And then there’s blatant manipulation of the election ......

Proxy Votes:

Whenever the EC receives a Proxy vote in my favour, one of them immediately contacts the Regional Director and pressures them to change their vote. In at least one instance, they warned the RD that if he did not support their candidate, and he won, the RD and his region would be punished later.

Additionally, they intimidated many regions to sign a “Letter of Support” in favour of Vitaly, but such documents have zero standing under the IPSC Constitution. Regions either vote by delegate at the Assembly, or they vote online with a special Proxy form covering all Motions. There is no third option.

This is also why we cannot trust the IPSC Secretary, who has publicly declared his animosity towards me and support for Vitaly, to faithfully declare the proxy vote tally at the Assembly. We must have full transparency with scrutiny of proxy votes by the candidates.

This has never been an issue in the past because, with the exception of the election in 2011, proxy votes were mostly voting on rules and lesser matters. However, the 2017 election is arguably the most important in our 41 year history.

Hotel Best Western Colbert Blockade:

In another attempt to influence the election, Alain Joly refused to give me a room at the official match hotel for the 19 nights I requested. He only offered to book me for 2 nights. Clearly, this was done to prevent me from mingling with Regional Directors prior to the IPSC Assembly.

The EC sponsored coup d'état in Ecuador!

A member of IPSC Ecuador, Roberto Gilbert, has always wanted to be Regional Director, but long-standing incumbent Victor Ferrero, who has served IPSC and IROA with distinction and honour for 30 years, is adored and respected by his members, and everyone else in IPSC.

However, under EC direction, Gilbert abruptly called a snap election in July 2017, but he did not comply with the constitution of IPSC Ecuador. He gave insufficient notice, and he only invited his supporters to participate!

After the sham election concluded, and Gilbert notified the EC of the inevitable outcome, they immediately recognised him as the new RD, and they expelled Victor Ferrero.

Why? Because Victor Ferrero was openly campaigning for me in Latin America.

It was so important for the EC to take one vote away from me, in favour of Vitaly, all respect and protocol was thrown out of the window, for the sake of political expediency.

2020 Handgun World Shoot Bid:

The EC promised IPSC Thailand that if they, and 4 other Asian regions, vote for Vitaly, then IPSC Russia will withdraw as a candidate for the next Handgun World Shoot. The internal EC memo stated their intention is to “break the back of the Asian vote”.

Other Matters:

I remained silent in relation to other issues involving Alain Joly, because there was nothing to be gained at the time by revealing his incompetence. However, as a result of his offensive and personal attacks against me, over many items which had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with IPSC, it’s time to reveal how Alain Joly failed us in IPSC, where it really matters.

2016 European Handgun Championship, Hungary:

While most people blame IPSC Hungary entirely for that unmitigated disaster, it was Alain’s responsibility, during his range inspection visits, to ensure there were sufficient contingency plans and equipment in place, in case of inclement weather.

This was especially important after we already had serious problems with the European Rifle Championship in 2015 at the same range.

He dropped the ball. Not only did competitors and Match Officials have to endure appalling range conditions, one of our major sponsors, CZUB, was understandably outraged too, and they posted an open letter in protest.

40th Anniversary Commemorative Souvenirs:

In 2013, I took the initiative to contact three firearm manufacturers and one knife maker to ask if they will be willing to work with IPSC to produce commemorative items for 2016. I also organised our official 40th anniversary logo.

After some weeks working on this project, I informed Nick of my progress. He asked me to pass everything over to Alain Joly to handle as Sponsorship Director.

Despite having a 3 year period to get organised, nothing happened!

We had commemorative pistols for our 10th, 20th and 30th anniversaries but, thanks to Alain Joly, we had nothing for our 40th anniversary, except for medallions produced in Canada.

IROA in France:

There are 24 IROA members in France, and 5 of them have 15 to 20 years of service, yet there is only one Range Master: Alain Joly. One might reasonably pose the question whether this was merely an oversight?

Fiasco at the Handgun World Shoot in Florida:

While this does not directly involve Alain Joly, I think it’s important to mention an incident that had far reaching implications due to the actions of another EC member, namely Dino Evangelinos, who is also a member of Vitaly’s team.

A member of the Philippine team was given a match DQ for sweeping a Range Officer during a COF, but it was caused by the RO running past the competitor. She appealed to the Range Master who correctly reinstated her, because she did not cause the sweeping.

When Dino heard of the incident, he made a huge fuss and ordered the DQ to stand. As you know, there is no provision in our rule book for the IROA President to overturn a decision of a Range Master. Only an Arbitration Committee has the power to do so, but one was not convened.

The IPSC Philippine President, who was in attendance at the match, submitted a respectfully worded objection, but he was rudely ignored. However, the consequences of that incident were far-reaching beyond a blatant disregard for our rules.

When he returned to the Philippines, he was so outraged at the poor treatment he received from IPSC in Florida, he formed a new organisation called PSMOC, which shortly thereafter caused a massive rift between IPSC and the USPSA.

If Dino had strictly followed the IPSC rule book, none of this would have happened.

As an aside, I was the only person from IPSC HQ willing to speak with the USPSA President, in an effort to mitigate the situation and restore order.

#663 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted Today, 03:29 PM

Sorry about the formatting (lack thereof) on the second one, it wouldn't cooperate at all. I tried to fix it kinda sorta

#664 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted Today, 03:30 PM

Guano
Help a 'yenta' out - can you download and post the PDF's?

Thanks

Lol. Click the links in your post to look at the pdfs.

#665 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted Today, 03:35 PM

Lol. Click the links in your post to look at the pdfs.

Does that work? when I clicked it from this page it directed me to GV, which would only work for those of us not banned

#666 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted Today, 03:46 PM

Does that work? when I clicked it from this page it directed me to GV, which would only work for those of us not banned

Sorry didn't realize I was still logged in there.

Also didn't realize Vince near single handedly saved the IPSC / USPSA relationship. Thank God for Vince.

#667 bgary

bgary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted Today, 05:16 PM

This is also why we cannot trust the IPSC Secretary.... to faithfully declare the proxy vote tally at the Assembly. We must have full transparency with scrutiny of proxy votes by the candidates.

Speaking solely as a private dude, not a representative of anything...

...I'm...uh... "amused" that the proxy system that has been used to great advantage over the years (eg, blocking US-proposed rules amendments, carrying votes without benefit of 3rd-party transparency) is now " a big problem"...

• jakemartens likes this

Disclaimer: I post here as an individual member of USPSA, and speak only for myself...

#668 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted Today, 05:32 PM

Speaking solely as a private dude, not a representative of anything...

...I'm...uh... "amused" that the proxy system that has been used to great advantage over the years (eg, blocking US-proposed rules amendments, carrying votes without benefit of 3rd-party transparency) is now " a big problem"...

You've been out-Pintoed. Vince addresses this in the next paragraph.

"This has never been an issue in the past because, with the exception of the election in 2011, proxy votes were mostly voting on rules and lesser matters. However, the 2017 election is arguably the most important in our 41 year history."

It was never a problem before because in the past the lack of transparency didn't result in Vince potentially not getting what he wanted. And because Vince said it was never a problem before but is now. It's right there, in black and white, right before the bitching about not getting his 19 day hotel stay booked for the 18... wait, 8 day match.

#669 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted Today, 05:39 PM

Funny how I got bounced from GV for stating that the proxy vote is shady election practice.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mike Foley