#1022 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

Yes, Vince is the ladyboi equivalent of Harvey Weinerstein except with no money, no visible means of income, no prospects of income and now no political influence.

So like Harvey, Vince is now about to be the fuckee rather than the fucker!

#1023 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:02 PM

Some jerk i know bought into it. Pretends she is a world class sponsored shooter and gets invited to attend matches.
I wonder if the other patrons are the same?

Hey, that's not how Doodie works! Name names, so we know who gave Vince herpes!
  • LeadChucker and Buck Turgidson like this

#1024 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:37 AM

Watch carefully and be amazed as the remainder of the $504,000 slowly disappears using this one wierd trick.
  • Buck Turgidson, Trigger Warning and Peally like this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#1025 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

Considering they get the slots for free and that the Patron badge is for life, the economy works out favorably if you intend to shoot a bunch of L4/5s.

It works if you do heaps of l4s. If you just do whirled chutes it'll take a fair while to get your 10k worth.

Recently entry fee has hovered at about 500 bones. So that's 20 whirled chutes you can do with 10k. That will take 60 years....

Even if price doubles that's still 30 years...

The big benefit I guess is not having to compete for a slot with the other plebs.
  • GooldMember likes this

#1026 foofighter

foofighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:46 AM

It works if you do heaps of l4s. If you just do whirled chutes it'll take a fair while to get your 10k worth.
Recently entry fee has hovered at about 500 bones. So that's 20 whirled chutes you can do with 10k. That will take 60 years....
The big benefit I guess is not having to compete for a slot with the other plebs.

Unless youre a baller and shoot rifle and shotgun as well, since those have world shoots now too, I believe. Looks like you'll have 3-4 L4/5 matches / year to shoot, so even if you shoot a bunch of available L4s, its going to take a bit and a shitload of travel money.

Once they've added minirifle, Action Air and all the other stupid shit they come up with, you'll be able to break even in a few years.

Plus, as mentioned, no need to fight the peons over slots.

#1027 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:56 AM

Unless youre a baller and shoot rifle and shotgun as well, since those have world shoots now too, I believe. Looks like you'll have 3-4 L4/5 matches / year to shoot, so even if you shoot a bunch of available L4s, its going to take a bit and a shitload of travel money.
Once they've added minirifle, Action Air and all the other stupid shit they come up with, you'll be able to break even in a few years.

Plus, as mentioned, no need to fight the peons over slots.

Good point. Being a peasant I had only really considered HG. For a baller shooting multiple disciplines it makes much more sense. Plus since you get 2 pre-match slots you could sell one cheap to a peasant to recover some travel costs. Or give it in exchange for them to act as your range butler. They can carry your gear for you, get you drinks and even argue perfect doubles and popper cal with RO's for you. Range butler would be pretty sweet.

#1028 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:38 AM

Good point. Being a peasant I had only really considered HG. For a baller shooting multiple disciplines it makes much more sense. Plus since you get 2 pre-match slots you could sell one cheap to a peasant to recover some travel costs. Or give it in exchange for them to act as your range butler. They can carry your gear for you, get you drinks and even argue perfect doubles and popper cal with RO's for you. Range butler would be pretty sweet.

I heard you had two range butlers in cheese land....

#1029 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:53 AM

I heard you had two range butlers in cheese land....

I had two excellent range butlers in France. Money and slots cannot buy that level of service. Cold Lipton ice, cans of orangina, compliments to boost my ego, helped me file my big sticks to fit the gauge, getting popper fucked (no doubt on purpose) to cheer me up when I was down.

Truly full service range buttlering. :)
  • Buck Turgidson and Matt1 like this

#1030 FL2549

FL2549

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

Uhm.. that patron fee doesn’t get you a free entry, you get a slot.

I know one guy who bought into it because he wanted a slot and hadn’t earned one. He paid all match fees over and above the patron program. He actually didn’t even end up shooting the match either because his girlfriend didn’t want to spend a week in Chateauroux

#1031 shreek

shreek

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:06 PM

2 free slots to the pre-match which you can trade for one not-free slot to the main match.

2nd prize is 2 weeks in Chatauroux.

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#1032 foofighter

foofighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:43 PM

Two guaranteed slots to all IPSC Handgun World Shoots for LIFE!
These are two VIP slots in the Pre-Match, at no charge. However, at the Patron's discretion, the two slots can be exchanged for one slot in the Main Match, at the prevailing registration fee.
One guaranteed slot to any IPSC Level IV Continental Championship for LIFE!
This is one VIP slot in the Pre-Match, at no charge. However, at the Patron's discretion, the slot can be exchanged for one slot in the Main Match, at the prevailing registration fee.
Guaranteed priority reservations at the official match hotel
Access to the VIP Parking Area at the shooting range.
Two seats at the IPSC President's VIP Welcome Dinner
Two seats at a VIP area of the Opening Ceremony
Two seats at a VIP table of the Awards Presentation Dinner

It might not get you slots to the shotgun and rifle world shoots, so that messes up our ROI estimation. Though, if you actually get two slots, you can probably sell one to some regular IPSC tourist and recoup some cost there.

Also, if VIP parking is as expensive as it was in Florida, you might break even on the patron stuff just on parking.

#1033 FL2549

FL2549

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:07 PM

We grabbed the patron’s shooter badge so we could use his VIP parking at world shoot.

There was no VIP parking

#1034 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:38 AM

We grabbed the patron’s shooter badge so we could use his VIP parking at world shoot.

There was no VIP parking

Yeah we had VIP parking permit too. I guess it meant you could park somewhere?

Also I noticed in the patron ad it says you can swap your 2 prematch world shoot slots for a main match slot at the patron's discretion.

Vince now says that swapping to a main match slot is at discretion of ipsc not the patron and they'll only allow 20 patrons to do it. That would suck if you were one of the other 36 having paid your 10k but still not able to get a world shoot main match slot. I don't recall that 20 limit mentioned in the published conditions.

But Vince also says that many patrons paid the $10k as a donation to ipsc and will never use their slots. That's nice. They gave $9k to ipsc and $1k to Vince. So they are not just ipsc patrons but now also Vince pinto patrons. Money well spent
  • Matt1 likes this

#1035 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:23 AM

But Vince also says that many patrons paid the $10k as a donation to ipsc and will never use their slots. That's nice. They gave $9k to ipsc and $1k to Vince. So they are not just ipsc patrons but now also Vince pinto patrons. Money well spent

I’m sure that was fully disclosed at the time of the donation. Of course it was.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users