69 replies to this topic

#21 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

I was just thinking more along the lines of the 1 round in 24 ruining the run, especially at the extreme time crunch of that stage. I have never tried lazy man standards, but it seems like an awfully tall order to shoot 25 yards WHO. It would be good practice.

I have begun constructing a table of all the classifiers and their HHFs from AZshooters. Once I get them all entered into that format then I will make a plan of how I want to attack them. I am thinking easy low-hanging fruit first, and just pound through them.

post the HHF when you do them so I can give a few a try at the same time without having to do the work of calculating numbers.

• zapedKag likes this

#22 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:08 PM

The AZS Calc app has the HHF on each classifier page already, if you have a chance to download it. They're not always 100% accurate but that's not a big deal, I still highly recommend it.

#23 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:23 PM

The AZS Calc app has the HHF on each classifier page already, if you have a chance to download it. They're not always 100% accurate but that's not a big deal, I still highly recommend it.

I already have the app. I need a spread sheet that allows me to organize them and keep track of what I have done. 

#24 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:52 PM

I meant that for shmella, you're already ahead of the power curve ;)

• GooldMember likes this

#25 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

Mind blown. Thank you

#26 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

AZCalc, which was my fav, was a mess for the last classifier I shot, way overclassed. Was told b y a friend that they were no longer 'in synch' because USPSA and to go back to ClassifierCalc.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#27 NickBlasta

NickBlasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:58 PM

It's because the HHFs have been / are being tweaked.

#28 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:34 PM

Yep. I can't vouch for the app's absolute accuracy as I don't know how often it's updated (if it is) and I don't know how much USPSA changes their HHFs (which they do). It would all easily be solved with USPSA just posting the damned things; you can already calculate them based on your score and they're no secret nor should they be.

#29 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:41 PM

Hopefully the new website will be up soon and include HHFs...

#30 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:57 AM

Hopefully the new website will be up soon and include HHFs...

Any day now, I'm sure.

Did anyone else notice that while there are still pictures of KC shooting a glock they managed to update the homepage to have a big Brazen watches advertisement on it? Because priorities.
  • Unibrain, Sweet T and GuanoLoco like this

#31 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:04 AM

Everyone needs a Brazzers brand watch for shooting, it definitely makes you faster.

Or you could be like everyone else and just take the shit off your arms and hands before shooting to avoid snagging.

• shmella likes this

#32 TCB

TCB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:50 PM

Is it hard, or more like impossible? I was just thinking maybe it isn't worth wasting the time/ammo on trying to shoot 100's on the ones that known to be relatively impossible. Or maybe just save them for last. 

My section has actually been using a list of classifiers that haven't been shot in the section in the past 3 years for all matches this year. The match directors are only allowed to choose classifiers from that list, which is kinda fun because we are shooting a bunch of stuff we haven't in a long time.  

There was like a 6 week period earlier this year where 13-05 was shot by 3 clubs within a 90 minute drive of my house.

edit to add: still didn't hundo it...  :(

#33 Michel Neaucheutte

Michel Neaucheutte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

There was like a 6 week period earlier this year where 13-05 was shot by 3 clubs within a 90 minute drive of my house.

edit to add: still didn't hundo it... :(

I'll be shooting 13-05 next week, after having shot it a couple of months ago. Unloaded table starts FTW! I'm hoping for a seventy.
  • TCB likes this

#34 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

I'll be shooting 13-05 next week, after having shot it a couple of months ago. Unloaded table starts FTW! I'm hoping for a seventy.

I have found that practicing helps alot with that stuff that you don't do all the time. unloaded table start + table reload = much opportunity to get better with not that much practice. If we run tick tock in the next few matches it may be enough to finally push me into M.

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#35 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:56 PM

Triple Choice is the worst classifer. Good luck at 100% with strong hand and weak hand on hardcover partials. FML

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#36 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:30 AM

This seems like an excellent way to practice for the USPSA Classifier Nationals.

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#37 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:39 AM

This seems like an excellent way to practice for the USPSA Classifier Nationals.

yeah, because there are no shooting skills required, or even standards stages at big matches.

• dravz and Peally like this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#38 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

Well I went out after we fixed my gun to make sure it worked in live fire, and decided to get started on this. First run, cold, was 104% on 99-11 El Presidente. 

On to the next.

Crackerjack is the classifier at the match this weekend, seems pretty straightforward, and a generous amount of time for 100% (6.2 down 4). 

• dravz likes this

#39 NickBlasta

NickBlasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

Well I went out after we fixed my gun to make sure it worked in live fire, and decided to get started on this. First run, cold, was 104% on 99-11 El Presidente. 

On to the next.

Crackerjack is the classifier at the match this weekend, seems pretty straightforward, and a generous amount of time for 100% (6.2 down 4). 

Crackerjack is one of the 'easy' ones I think they haven't adjusted the HHF for. Probably low on the list because nobody ever runs it because of the wall building involved.

#40 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:19 PM

I think El Pres is an easy one too. I haven't shot it cold but after a run or two I can hundo it on the regular and I'm only A class. It seems classifiers are either nightmares or cake walks judging by the last bunch I've gone through.

• GooldMember likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: open is dumb, 100 or bust, scrubs need not apply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users