#41 NickBlasta

NickBlasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:28 AM

I think El Pres is an easy one too. I haven't shot it cold but after a run or two I can hundo it on the regular and I'm only A class. It seems classifiers are either nightmares or cake walks judging by the last bunch I've gone through.

I'd be willing to bet that's more because it's the drill that everyone does in dryfire and livefire endlessly and repetitively and you could probably hundo it in your sleep at this point.

• GooldMember likes this

#42 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:13 AM

Oh it for sure is one of the easiest ones out there. We were just out zeroing our guns and making sure mine ran, so we set it up and gave it a whirl. I think I shot it 6 times total, with 3 of them over 100.

I kinda agree with the classifiers are either easy or incredibly difficult thing. But it is interesting that on many/most of them people do end up shooting into their class if they shoot it well/normal for them. It seems like the easy or difficult part mostly comes into play just when you are looking at the 100% scores.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#43 Part Of Me

Part Of Me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

I like shooting classifiers because they are good measurable drills. Shooting classifiers is very addictive for that reason, at least to me.  It's also true that people do end up shooting into their class sooner or later if they shoot classifiers well. Just make sure you shoot various ones testing different skills. You can call it grandbagging but I am not interested in winning C-class. So yeah, grandbagging could be  a good skills development strategy.

#44 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

Oh it for sure is one of the easiest ones out there. 

I hate you guys.

#45 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:10 PM

But it is interesting that on many/most of them people do end up shooting into their class if they shoot it well/normal for them. It seems like the easy or difficult part mostly comes into play just when you get mindfucked by "ZOMG CLASSIFIER!" and shoot mikes then bobble the reload.

Fixed that up for ya.
  • GooldMember likes this
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#46 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:02 PM

I hate you guys.

It is all in the turn and the reload. Get both down to around 1.2 and you will be crushing the nuts of El Prez. 

Fixed that up for ya.

Thanks for that, seems about right. 

#47 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

I hate you guys.

Im a B class scrub and in practice I can hundo it. If my scrub ass can do it you can. That being said one of the 4 classifiers I have in record is an el pres and I totally fubbed the reload and shot like I forgot how to hold a gun. Ended up with 74.5%. Junk

#48 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:38 PM

What's the hhf on prez?

#49 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:19 AM

What's the hhf on prez?

11.88 for open.

#50 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:43 AM

What's the hhf on prez?

10.2611 production. Basically shoot it in 5.7ish seconds and only drop a couple Cs and you've nailed it.

#51 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:24 PM

11.88 for open.

That's pretty sporty. I find it interesting that the open hhf is so much higher than prod.

Drills like prez I can run about equal between say a shadow and a open 2011.

Sure something singlestack would be tougher on the reload but at that distance any double stack gun is pretty equal.

Seems I have a ways to go. My best is right around that 11.8 mark but my realistic 'norm' is more like 10.5.

I think the difference for me is a tenth or two on the draw and reload and make it 60 points instead of 58.

#52 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:27 PM

You can hose the fuck out of it in open and 6 charlies doesn't really hurt your score. That many C in Production and it's tougher to get a hot hit factor

#53 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:36 PM

You can hose the fuck out of it in open and 6 charlies doesn't really hurt your score. That many C in Production and it's tougher to get a hot hit factor

Good point. I had failed to consider the major/minor thing. As an open shooter all the 3n38 smoke I huff is killing my brain cells.

#54 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:48 AM

That's pretty sporty. I find it interesting that the open hhf is so much higher than prod.

Major PF scoring dampened by a Comp, Red dot, Huge magwell, Race holster ... can't see how that could possibly add up to a 16% difference.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#55 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:02 AM

Major PF scoring dampened by a Comp, Red dot, Huge magwell, Race holster ... can't see how that could possibly add up to a 16% difference.

A comp on a gun with significantly more power and energy dumping into your hand, red dot that doesn't matter at 10 yards, race holster that is irrelevant with a turn and draw...

I would think on an el prez the magwell and major make the biggest differences in the HHF. A fast reload is the same speed with either platform (because a good reload never hits the side of the magwell), but a magwell gives you the mental safety net to push harder and major scoring doesn't destroy you if you drop a couple Charlies like minor does.
  • Yard Sale and Part Of Me like this

#56 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:46 AM

A comp on a gun with significantly more power and energy dumping into your hand, red dot that doesn't matter at 10 yards, race holster that is irrelevant with a turn and draw...

I would think on an el prez the magwell and major make the biggest differences in the HHF. A fast reload is the same speed with either platform (because a good reload never hits the side of the magwell), but a magwell gives you the mental safety net to push harder and major scoring doesn't destroy you if you drop a couple Charlies like minor does.

Agreed.

I ran prez a couple times today. Ran a 5.27 with a slight bobble on the reload that cost 3 tenths. 58 points. At least I broke into 11 hf. Using classic targets if that makes any difference. If I'd hit the reload smoothly it would have been my prez hungie. If if if if...... just need to suck less. Gooldy's hand spend on the reloads and draws on the close/fast stuff blows me away. Your ~0.85 reloads on 'can you count' are very nice. :)

#57 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

Agreed.

I ran prez a couple times today. Ran a 5.27 with a slight bobble on the reload that cost 3 tenths. 58 points. At least I broke into 11 hf. Using classic targets if that makes any difference. If I'd hit the reload smoothly it would have been my prez hungie. If if if if...... just need to suck less. Gooldy's hand spend on the reloads and draws on the close/fast stuff blows me away. Your ~0.85 reloads on 'can you count' are very nice. :)

Good work. Pretty much if you can shoot 5 flat mostly clean, you are there.

#58 TCB

TCB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

I had a 3 second reload on El Prez last weekend... I couldn't get the damned mag in the hole.

#59 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:33 PM

Yeah I had one bind up hard on my 5.27 run which went from a usual 1.2 out to 1.55 which no doubt cost me my flat 5.

The steel grip open guns are not forgiving with off axis reloads. Ive jammed one into the grip so hard I took my hand off the mag and it just stayed there wedged into the grip.

#60 TSO

TSO

Mr. Sunshine and positivity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationIndependence, MO

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

I'll send you $100 for each fixed time classifier you hundo.

Start with Area 4 Standards.

*Liberian dollars

Will you send me $100 if I do?

• NickBlasta likes this
Tim Herron
TY68934

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: open is dumb, 100 or bust, scrubs need not apply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users