#1 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

First things first, open is dumb. 

Alright doodies. My gun went down last week so I had to borrow one to shoot the match. I was having a hell of a time calling my shots since the gun tracked differently, and I ended up shooting 1 mike and 5 NS, plus a whole bunch of 3 and 4 alpha targets. No third person for this match, because lazy. 

Now please, tell me what you think. 

• NickBlasta, Trigger Warning and Stranger Danger like this

#2 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:52 PM

smooth as usual.  carl would have shit his pants with all the "slide down, hammer down" stuff.

• NickBlasta and GooldMember like this

#3 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:19 PM

Tactically speaking you are way too quick to unload show clear.  Scan and assess.  Just don't be in hurry to stop.  You don't want "stopping" to creep into any moment when your shooting. 

I wouldn't sweat 3-4 alphas too much because it's a training scar to stop shooting when the target is still standing.  So it's a competitive "bad habit."  Reality is your probably just too into the moment and not focusing on your game plan.  A lot of people do this.  They are too excited and since they have 30 round mags don't think it's a big deal.  I bet if you shoot SS or Production you don't do this.....because you are in tune enough to know you can't.  You have to condition yourself that these extra shots are added time to you stage.  And a match can be won or loss on a tenth.

I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#4 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

Really good presenting, getting on target quickly.

You don't seem to give a single fuck about hardcover or no-shoots; transitions and splits don't slow down.

Glad to see I'm not the only Open shooter with late reloads.

You have a nice, high gun, in-your-face reload.

• GooldMember likes this

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#5 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:31 AM

Really good presenting, getting on target quickly.

You don't seem to give a single fuck about hardcover or no-shoots; transitions and splits don't slow down.

Glad to see I'm not the only Open shooter with late reloads.

You have a nice, high gun, in-your-face reload.

I try to shoot lots of partial targets in practice, because watching the national level ballers shoot stages that's how they shoot. They don't slow down for hardcover or no shoots, and I figure if I want to get gooder and shoot like them, I need to be driving the gun and shooting like that. If the dot is there there's no reason you shouldn't be on the trigger right?
  • Unibrain likes this

#6 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:33 AM

smooth as usual. carl would have shit his pants with all the "slide down, hammer down" stuff.

I couldn't help but laugh every time I heard it and think of Carl. I'm happy to report that neither of AROs on my stage said that. We ran a tight ship on stage 7.
  • Unibrain, Motosapiens and NickBlasta like this

#7 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:44 AM

That's obviously incorrect.

Ifclearslideforwardhammadownholstahhhhh is how they're supposed to do it. Auctioneer style.
  • GooldMember likes this
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#8 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

That's obviously incorrect.

Ifclearslideforwardhammadownholstahhhhh is how they're supposed to do it. Auctioneer style.

I fully agree. If you are gonna give incorrect commands, at least do it with authoritay

#9 FL2549

FL2549

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

Borrowed from a guy named Chris?  Those slide lightening cuts look familiar...

#10 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

Borrowed from a guy named Chris? Those slide lightening cuts look familiar...

Negative. It is a freedom shitworks, they all look essentially the same. Luckily my friend (it's owner) has a pretty good handle on working with 2011s and has a good friend who builds the damn things, so together they were able to basically gut and rebuild the thing. Now it's actually quite nice.
  • FL2549 likes this

#11 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:12 AM

You are fucking hammering. Nice.

#12 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:41 AM

You are fucking hammering. Nice.

Thanks broski

#13 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:34 PM

Thanks broski

The first half of the last stage was epic. Especially the execution at the first window. In fact the first few targets were epic too with the partials on the move. It went a bit downhill after window 1 where you slightly over ran your position to get the right most popper and had to pause. But it was a good save.

Was the dry mag change caused by a partially full mag or the mag went tits up?

#14 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:30 PM

The first half of the last stage was epic. Especially the execution at the first window. In fact the first few targets were epic too with the partials on the move. It went a bit downhill after window 1 where you slightly over ran your position to get the right most popper and had to pause. But it was a good save.

Was the dry mag change caused by a partially full mag or the mag went tits up?

Hahaha I ran dry because I took waaaay too many makeups in the first half of the stage. I probably should have just planned the reload for one target earlier.

That first window did go pretty sweet though haha

#15 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:31 AM

I want to know how strange it felt to get through a match without racking the gun 2-10 times?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: go fast absorb the mikes, no shoots everywhere, open is dumb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users