242 replies to this topic

#1 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:50 PM

Was anyone else there to see this? I was there for the aftermath and briefly saw video of the incident, and saw Foley tell the shooter to arb...which he, astonishingly, lost.

For those of you that were there, it was on stage 2. He hit the activator popper on the edge and it didn't fall. He got all the way to the end of the stage and realized the drop turner was still facing away, so he turned to run back for it, and both ROs were in his way. He stopped, and after "if you are finished...", he unloaded and was done. RO, CRO, RM and Arb committee somehow decided that there was no RO interference.  It's a stunning result, IMO. What was the shooter supposed to do? Run uprange and leave the ROs in his dust?

• diegomi likes this

#2 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:02 PM

I was surprised to hear about it. I didn't see the video yet but would like to.

#3 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

Next time I guess he should scream GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY and run the idiots over.

• Yard Sale, aceinyerface, CH3NO2 and 3 others like this

#4 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:21 PM

Not sure if this part is all true, but I guess I missed some of the initial facts. From Enos : 

Some more facts.....

the arbitration cited Rules concerning dq's not RO interference. So the committee asked for the RO and CRO to come explain what he was dq'ed for. 

The shooter stopped and asked if he could go back uprange after turning. The RO said yes and he went back to the steel. He chose not to shoot it.

the shooter asked for calibration on the steel and lost. 

Shooter never asked for a reshoot but instead asked for calibration. 

Arbitration isn't allowed to ask for video or they would have. 

If he would have asked for a reshoot and arbitrated before calibration, he would have likely got a reshoot. 

#5 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:42 PM

No leg to stand on. You don't get to take a dump, and run toward the ROs for a free reshoot. If you feel the need, run their asses over, at least 8.6.4 would apply.

What was the math like? 3 mikes vs 2 position changes, almost sounds like he was better off to let it go.

Was the arbitration conducted improperly?

#6 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

Sounds like he flubbed the arb form and was asking for the wrong thing. 

#7 MilkMyDuds

MilkMyDuds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:45 PM

I have squadded with him before, probably the most humble and down to earth GM I know of.  I would not believe he decided to game the system like that.  But I was not there so I cannot say what really happened.  

Just for future reference - it's OK to run down ROs standing in your way based on the rules, correct?

#8 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:48 PM

I am sorely disappointed that this is not the juicy drama and gossip I was lead to believe. Matt, go fuck with Vince a little to make it up to us.

• aceinyerface likes this

#9 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:51 PM

Just for future reference - it's OK to run down ROs standing in your way based on the rules, correct?

Yes, fucking destroy them!

Not really, don't make people hate you, but yes, knock them out of the way.

The rules are often interpreted "if the RO is in your sight, then it is interference" but that is not what the rule book says.

#10 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:53 PM

fantastic

#11 MilkMyDuds

MilkMyDuds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

fantastic

Popper fuck + calibration + arbitration

All Foley's fault

#12 Future champ

Future champ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:47 PM

I was on his squad and watched him shoot the stage. When he turned around to run the RO's were right there, he hit the drop step and then stopped, had he not stopped he would have ran them over. I think he messed up by not continuing to run them over, but as a decent human myself I'm not sure if my initial reaction would be to plow them down. It was a tough break, but I think by the rules and how it went down a reshoot shouldnt be granted.

Great guy, nice legs. Not as cute as he looks on instagram but would still smash. 8/10.
  • GuanoLoco likes this

#13 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:47 PM

"game" the system.  It's a game. That is redundant.  If you miss steel and want to run back and the RO is in your way...that's the game so STFU.

We have RO's and CRO's who power trip where it's more important to be right than do right.  Why not, led by their leader who makes up the rules as he goes so why not them.

Wasn't there, didn't see it who cares.  USPSA is the new IDPA.

Congrats Fool-E and all the turds that drank the flavor aid.

It's so much fun to shoot outlaw 3 gun and listen to everyone talk about how they tired of USPSA and IDPA BS where at least in 3 gun, you know who and how you get fucked.

• warpspeed likes this
I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#14 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:23 PM

fantastic

It is. It's fantastic that you have to actually attempt to barrel into someone while holding a loaded gun in order to get a justly deserved reshoot.

"Yeah, we were obviously about to be all up in in your way, thanks for doing the safe thing and hitting the brakes. Here's your reshoot" leaves too much faith in the possession of common sense across the board.
  • warpspeed, Yard Sale, chachacha and 4 others like this
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#15 NickBlasta

NickBlasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:10 AM

Like in all things, never self-stop (except where allowed, like your earpro fell off). Continue to shoot as if the RO doesn't exist until you hear that 'stop'. If you self-stop you're fucked. Hitting the RO is not a good option but it's the only thing that you can do.

• warpspeed, Doc and MilkMyDuds like this

#16 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:27 AM

Not to self... just plow the motherfuckers down.

Maybe this is one of the rules that actually matter, so we better stick with this strategy.

I like my Glocks like I like my women; 19 and in my pants.

#17 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:30 AM

It would seem that at least one of the ROs should have been aware that the popper did not fall and that the shooter might want to book up range and re-engage it.

I don't care if the shooter self-stopped. The ROs positioned themselves poorly and added an unnecessary, and interfering, element to the shooter's decision tree. CLASSIC interference by an RO.

ROs are to be invisible to the shooter until the shooter either finishes or fucks up.

Reshoot.

This should have been settled easily before the next shooter even got to the line.

Admin fail.
  • Nimrod, Jigsaw, Mistadobalina and 7 others like this
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#18 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:14 AM

Video

• Alma likes this

#19 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:40 AM

I don't care if the shooter self-stopped. The ROs positioned themselves poorly and added an unnecessary, and interfering, element to the shooter's decision tree. CLASSIC interference by an RO.
ROs are to be invisible to the shooter until the shooter either finishes or fucks up.
Reshoot.

If that is made a rule, it is tantamount to free reshoots.

Here is the chain of events-
Death jam- stage is fucked...
You know you can get a reshoot if you fuck up RO squad...
You sprint to the beginning of the stage to pop a quick makeup then reverse direction...
they followed naturally and now with the quick reversal they are in your way...
If they don't take the bait, just keep running around trying to get them to follow or box them in until you get interfered with...
Free reshoot.
  • Mistadobalina, shmella and Matt1 like this

#20 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:16 AM

If that is made a rule, it is tantamount to free reshoots.
Here is the chain of events-
Death jam- stage is fucked...
You know you can get a reshoot if you fuck up RO squad...
You sprint to the beginning of the stage to pop a quick makeup then reverse direction...
they followed naturally and now with the quick reversal they are in your way...
If they don't take the bait, just keep running around trying to get them to follow or box them in until you get interfered with...
Free reshoot.

DQ for unsportsmanlike conduct - or for being a dick, take your pick. Feel free to arbitrate.

More to the point. That could only happen a few times before word got around. Good luck to that guy trying to get into future matches after he earns THAT reputation.

There haven't been many (less than 5), but local clubs have permanently uninvited shooters before.
  • AlphaCharis likes this
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users