Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:21 AM

Updated daily: http://www.winmss.co...00aed79c0c73521

Squadding and schedules: http://rws2017.com/en/member/Squading/

Jerry have shot stage 19-30 and are shooting 1-6 tomorrow. Someone mentioned he said the match was though, and it looks like his results so far reflect this. The US lady team and a few of the men seem to be doing good.

The stages in general are on average low hit factor, and a lot of the top shooters are saying there should have been more action and running and gunning, also, a lot of the walls and props are outside the fault lines so you cant touch them. There's a lot of shooting at 40-100 meters so far with no walls to use as support, so a lot of the guys are using 27" bipods and shooting kneeling.

• Perfecto and Peally like this

#2 El guapo

El guapo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:05 AM

From the videos I've seen so far the stages are lame.
  • Alma likes this

#3 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

This registers a 0 on my Give a Fuck Meter
  • ToddKS, Buck Turgidson and Will like this

#4 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

This registers a 0 on my Give a Fuck Meter

Still five times more interesting than a 3GN match.

• Will and busdriver like this

#5 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:11 PM

I saw on IG that Hunter got dinged with a foot fault and proceeded to zero a 170 point field course for getting 31 procedurals. Seems awfully excessive to me, especially when you watch the video and he barely touched outside the shooting area, with no competitive advantage...

#6 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:16 PM

I think you should get at most one for each shot while shooting with your foot outside. A spanish guy got 25 procedurals for stepping slightly outside a corner making a shortcut that didnt really give him any advantage either. I would have complained for sure.

#7 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:35 PM

I think you should get at most one for each shot while shooting with your foot outside. A spanish guy got 25 procedurals for stepping slightly outside a corner making a shortcut that didnt really give him any advantage either. I would have complained for sure.

It was probably the same stage, he was kneeling/squatting in the corner of the shooting area and then got up and started running, and his foot landed partway on and partway off of the fault line inside of a 90 degree corner in the line. 

#8 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

IPSICK is Dumb

The Beard needs to sort that shit out

#9 mechanik

mechanik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:36 PM

Kind of odd that when looking at Open Semi Auto division you have to go to 69th place before you see anyone that isn't from Eastern Europe... although maybe that is skewed by the staff pre-shoot.

#10 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:54 PM

Yep, no point in looking at the total until the match is over.

#11 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

That's why we don't have Coke sponsorships yet.

#12 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

I saw on IG that Hunter got dinged with a foot fault and proceeded to zero a 170 point field course for getting 31 procedurals. Seems awfully excessive to me, especially when you watch the video and he barely touched outside the shooting area, with no competitive advantage...

tough break, but if he went prone, is arm wouldn't protrude outta the box (i know, that's bad).

#13 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:34 PM

Fuck I hate those bullshit calls. It should be 1 procedural for the fault. Not 1 per shot fired.

It's only supposed to be one per shot for SIGNIFICANT advantage. For example shooting a who string freestyle. That would be one per shot.

Faulting a line slightly while shooting or taking a tiny shortcut (that you don't redress) should be 1 only. Without significant advantage you don't need to trash a shooters whole match for a tiny fuckup.

That is poor ro'ing and poor understanding of the rules.

Ro's need to use their heads and ask 'what significant advantage did he gain? None? Ok just one procedural'.

Looks like a great facility and usually ipsc rifle has a nice mix of hosing and distance. This match looks like all distance. Like some kind of bullseye match with some light exercise between positions.
  • mechanik likes this

#14 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:36 PM

That my general plan for the match, move fast, shoot safe. The hit factors are so low the time spent is not really super important. Shooting 3 shots per 300m target is no issue when the hf is 2.

#15 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 08 June 2017 - 01:36 AM

That my general plan for the match, move fast, shoot safe. The hit factors are so low the time spent is not really super important. Shooting 3 shots per 300m target is no issue when the hf is 2.

How exciting, HF's in the 2's

May as well do the timing on a fucking sun dial then
  • dravz likes this

#16 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationShowing stuff to the kids

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:17 AM

How exciting, HF's in the 2's

Revolver World shoot 2017.

~ Does Your lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

#17 mechanik

mechanik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:16 AM

Not having seen the stages or the faults in question, I can't really give an opinion, but if it is as you say, they should have appealed up the CRO/RM chain, then arbitrated if necessary.  All too many competitors just seem to sign the score sheet out of habit, at which point they have no recourse.

#18 dansedgli

dansedgli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:28 AM

It does look awfully boring. Pcc looks like way more fun.
  • Nimrod, LeadChucker and Matt1 like this

#19 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:10 AM

USPSA Foot Faults IPSC Foot Faults

You cant leave the shooting area at all in IPSC unless you re enter at the exact same spot (IE a Drop/Split set over a fault line on a tough lean)

#20 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:22 AM

One of the the foot faults in question that is worthy of single handily ending someone's match:
https://www.instagra.../p/BVAOJ0_BWcD/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users