#21 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:32 AM

IPSC's brilliant fault line rules at work.

#22 mechanik

mechanik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:33 AM

One of the the foot faults in question that is worthy of single handily ending someone's match:
https://www.instagra.../p/BVAOJ0_BWcD/

That's the dreaded shortcut rule coming into play.  If he had stepped over the corner and not outside the lines, he would have been fine.

That fault line setup looks deliberately designed to fuck people.  There's no good reason I can see there to not have just constructed the stage to allow one to go in a straight line to the next position without faulting the lines.

#23 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

That's the dreaded shortcut rule coming into play.  If he had stepped over the corner and not outside the lines, he would have been fine.

That fault line setup looks deliberately designed to fuck people.  There's no good reason I can see there to not have just constructed the stage to allow one to go in a straight line to the next position without faulting the lines.

I understand the shortcut rule, but like seriously how is that not just one procedural?! His foot is even partway touching the line. I agree with you, that stage looks deliberately designed to fuck shooters. It in no way would change the shooting challenge to have the fault line parallel the wall in a straight line to the next shooting position. 

#24 foofighter

foofighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:46 AM

Did any of the top us shooters go, or is it just jerry and a bunch of tourists?

#25 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:38 AM

Revolver World shoot 2017.

Nooooo

#26 Mike Foley

Mike Foley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:40 AM

I understand the shortcut rule, but like seriously how is that not just one procedural?! His foot is even partway touching the line. I agree with you, that stage looks deliberately designed to fuck shooters. It in no way would change the shooting challenge to have the fault line parallel the wall in a straight line to the next shooting position.

Agree, but if you make it one, then it will sometimes be worth it, and then the call can get a little more subjective. In USPSA, we differentiate between significant advantage on one shot, or all of them. IPSC is more rigid on this call.

#27 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

I checked the rules and they are right, if you step outside and take a shortcut you get crushed with procedurals, doesnt matter how small the advantage. Corners like these are very common in IPSC, so everybode knows about it, except maybe 3gun shooters that aren't used to it.

#28 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationShowing stuff to the kids

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

One of the the foot faults in question that is worthy of single handily ending someone's match:
https://www.instagra.../p/BVAOJ0_BWcD/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

A level 5 and they can't build better than that? Sure, the call is correct but the way it's built it's a trap.

~ Does Your lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

#29 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

I wouldnt call it a trap, it's common, everyone knows to look for it, It's just a corner like everyone else. You run over it, not outside it.

#30 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationShowing stuff to the kids

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

Why not just place a barrel or some other prop in the corner?
And here I thought production is dumb.

• FL2549 likes this

~ Does Your lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

#31 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:42 PM

Because after the revised shortcut rule in IPSC it's allowed to jump corners as long as you don't touch the ground. If you absolutely dont want people to do that then of course, placing a barrel is an option.

• FL2549 likes this

#32 adoo

adoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:36 PM

slemmo is the best norwegian as of today, and amongst the very top

this match is not for me it seems.  we will see how it ends

#33 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

The Finnish and Norwegian open teams haven't shot the same areas as us, so results aren't comparable. My general plan is working ok, but it's not over until the fat lady sings.

#34 foofighter

foofighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:00 PM

so all countries except the US sent their best shooters?

#35 ralloway

ralloway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGreensburg, PA

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:11 AM

Revolver World shoot 2017.

Posted Image

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

---------------------------------
He's just this guy... ya know?!
---------------------------------

#36 NickBlasta

NickBlasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:05 AM

I wouldnt call it a trap, it's common, everyone knows to look for it, It's just a corner like everyone else. You run over it, not outside it.

It would be a trap, if, say, you were used to Americans coming in and winning your world shoots, but you knew you could get them to zero stages if you laid out the fault lines to encourage them to cut them.

Like if you were a USPSA shooter in need of an ego boost and you go shoot IDPA and they have signs on the stage like "wouldn't it be great if you airgunned during the walkthrough?"

• Perfecto, dravz, Buck Turgidson and 1 other like this

#37 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

It would be a trap, if, say, you were used to Americans coming in and winning your world shoots, but you knew you could get them to zero stages if you laid out the fault lines to encourage them to cut them.

Like if you were a USPSA shooter in need of an ego boost and you go shoot IDPA and they have signs on the stage like "wouldn't it be great if you airgunned during the walkthrough?"

This isn't something new. All countries have been trying to give their locals a better home advantage in all sports. Seems like it started happening in golf a couple of hundred years ago. If you go anywhere outside your local area to compete in anything they will be trying to game against you

#38 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

wtf is with the names of the divisions?

#39 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:33 AM

wtf is with the names of the divisions?

In what way?

#40 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:23 AM

It looks like they are using shotgun division names to me. What is a standard manual rifle? Please tell me there aren't bolt action guns being used. That's worse that revolver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users