• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 cor_man257

cor_man257

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:00 AM

I've been shooting since I was little. Went into the military, learned I love handguns, became an M9 instructor. Thought I could shoot like boss. Got out of the military. Thought of myself as a "defensive" shooter. Heard about competition, looked up some videos and realized I fucking suck. I took a year off from all shooting because I changed states (from Upstate NY to KY) and had no range to go to. I got into serious dry fire practice in November2016 and now make weekly (mostly weekly) range visits and dry fire about 3 times a week. KY has like two USPSA clubs and wintertime. So I'm going to move to FL soon so I can shoot more USPSA (and the whole family moved there.).

I've shot a few local club steel matches, but haven't won yet. Which is gay. I want to get into USPSA shooting my G17 from AIWB, ala Gabe White. Pretty sure that makes me a retard because I'm not exactly going to spank anyone shooting limited minor concealed. When Gabe started he was already winning shit. When I start I'll just be another dumbass trying to "git gud".

I feel like a good shooter when I get to shoot next to really old people, small children, the weak, people shooting snubs at distance, and guys who have expensive guns that will never break 200 rounds. So I got that going for me at least.

I'm on a ton of other forums. But only one is about actually improving as a shooter. Ben was on a podcast somewhere and said this forum didn't have training wheels, and occasionally some shooting advice came from it. So I signed up.

-Cory

• NickBlasta, 1-4 Actual and zapedKag like this

#2 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:26 AM

It's good to hear you are shooting weakly.  

When I saw your thread title I thought you were going to take a cheap shot at me so I clicked.

Once you get settled in to FL hit us up and we can start recommending springs that should have you on your way to GM.

• peterthefish and Tasteslikebeaver like this

#3 cor_man257

cor_man257

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:30 AM

It's good to hear you are shooting weakly.  

When I saw your thread title I thought you were going to take a cheap shot at me so I clicked.

Once you get settled in to FL hit us up and we can start recommending springs that should have you on your way to GM.

Sweet. Do you think a bright colored Jersey will make me better? I'm thinking if I make it look like a race car I must go faster right?

-Cory

#4 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:19 AM

Sweet. Do you think a bright colored Jersey will make me better? I'm thinking if I make it look like a race car I must go faster right?

-Cory

...but you already have those armpit go fast stripes...
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

#5 cor_man257

cor_man257

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:26 AM

...but you already have those armpit go fast stripes...

hahaha, That's a polo shirt from the college I went to I just happen to be wearing that day. I majored in underwater basket weaving, it's super useful in the real world. I don't think the go fast strips help any if its not a gun related shirt... I'm pretty sure I need to buy a tanfo and cleats.

-Cory

#6 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:32 AM

You're only allowed to wear a Nascar looking jersey if your gun costs about $500,000, plus gear, consumables, repairs every match, a paid crew and company to support it, etc averaging out to something like 10 million a year. Then it's cool, I'll allow it.

#7 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:41 AM

I majored in underwater basket weaving,

We're not going to put up with any lame, cliche humor here. Adjust that now or get the fuck out.
  • Buck Turgidson likes this
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg

#8 Can

Can

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:41 AM

hahaha, That's a polo shirt from the college I went to I just happen to be wearing that day. I majored in underwater basket weaving, it's super useful in the real world. I don't think the go fast strips help any if its not a gun related shirt... I'm pretty sure I need to buy a tanfo and cleats.

-Cory

O so you were a political science major, did you finish the degree or drop out most of the way done?

qnFmwmR.jpg

#9 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:47 AM

I've been shooting since I was little. Went into the military, learned I love handguns, became an M9 instructor. Thought I could shoot like boss. Got out of the military. Thought of myself as a "defensive" shooter. Heard about competition, looked up some videos and realized I fucking suck. I took a year off from all shooting because I changed states (from Upstate NY to KY) and had no range to go to. I got into serious dry fire practice in November2016 and now make weekly (mostly weekly) range visits and dry fire about 3 times a week. KY has like two USPSA clubs and wintertime. So I'm going to move to FL soon so I can shoot more USPSA (and the whole family moved there.).

I've shot a few local club steel matches, but haven't won yet. Which is gay. I want to get into USPSA shooting my G17 from AIWB, ala Gabe White. Pretty sure that makes me a retard because I'm not exactly going to spank anyone shooting limited minor concealed. When Gabe started he was already winning shit. When I start I'll just be another dumbass trying to "git gud".

I feel like a good shooter when I get to shoot next to really old people, small children, the weak, people shooting snubs at distance, and guys who have expensive guns that will never break 200 rounds. So I got that going for me at least.

I'm on a ton of other forums. But only one is about actually improving as a shooter. Ben was on a podcast somewhere and said this forum didn't have training wheels, and occasionally some shooting advice came from it. So I signed up.

-Cory

You'll shoot your nuts off.  Stay in KY, they need moar self-inflicted vasectomies. 

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#10 cor_man257

cor_man257

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:47 AM

O so you were a political science major, did you finish the degree or drop out most of the way done?

Psychology major. Dropped out most of the way done.

I have the 2 year, and said fuck it 15 credits and an internship before the 4 year. Mostly because I couldn't take being beat over the head with liberal nonsense anymore, and was tired of NY in general

We're not going to put up with any lame, cliche humor here. Adjust that now or get the fuck out.

what-if-like-i-wasnt-really-sure-if-seri

#11 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:51 AM

Serious as a crutch.

We already have our quota of members who couldn't talk their way out of a severe beating at the hands of a one armed 3 year old girl, we don't need more.

Elevate your discourse and entertain or pack your bags.
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg

#12 cor_man257

cor_man257

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:55 AM

I wonder what the draw time is for a 1 armed 3 year old girl on verge of beating someone severely... I gotta run to Instagram and check.

-Cory

#13 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:04 AM

That's better. I'll grant a probationary stay of execution.

For time estimates, start with Tueller Drill and factor in innate age and amputee crankiness.

Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg

#14 Can

Can

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

Every psych major I've known was doing it to figure out why they were so screwed up, the longer they stayed a psych major the more messed up shit they had to sort threw. You got out early that speaks well of your level of crazy in my experience on a scale of 1-10 people who don't finish the degree are usually only around 5-6.5 of 10 crazy you are about the correct level of crazy to fit In here.

-Can
  • peterthefish and Trigger Warning like this

qnFmwmR.jpg

#15 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

KY has like two USPSA clubs and wintertime

tumblr_ok6liusVGE1vjyj2so1_500.gif

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#16 RDS

RDS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:45 AM

When I want to feel like a badass I got to the public range.

When I want to feel like a bad ass, I shoot competition.

First step to not sucking is realize you suck, ditch the G17 and get a pro baller gun.  Make sure it costs a lot and required special ammo that you must handload. (or just keep doing what you are doing).  Make sure to get lots of sponsors too.  I'm personally sponsored by Vagasil, Extends and Prozac.

As far as edumucation, besides Iran and North Korea calling me for advice on a weekly basis, advanced education got me nothing but exposed to idiots who can't explain what they do with the social skills of a dumb rock.  But when the revolution comes I can fit in the pitchforks.

• cor_man257 likes this

It's not about winning, it's about emasculating your friends in front of their loved ones

#17 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:16 PM

What part of upstate?

#18 cor_man257

cor_man257

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:23 PM

What part of upstate?

I grew up in Otsego County. Did the college thing in Cobleskill.

-Cory

#19 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:54 PM

good hockey team, but fuck everything else.

#20 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

That's not a bad area, well,,,,,, except for the cost of living, taxes, and population density of libtards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users