#21 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:48 PM

My opinion... Start in production. Get good at reloads, stage planning and hitting middle of the target. The best thing I ever did to get better in limited was shot production for a summer

#22 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:53 PM

My opinion... Start in production. Get good at reloads, stage planning and hitting middle of the target. The best thing I ever did to get better in limited was shot production for a summer

Yet again, this assumes you can't practice shooting the middle of the target with a limited gun. The thing that is much more difficult to practice by yourself just going to the range is setting up the kind of entries and exits that are present in matches and make a gigantic difference in your match placement. Sure, you could drag out a bunch of barrels and walls to set up stages by yourself, but that is a pain in the ass. Much easier to throw 3 target stands out there and work on transitions and the shooting the middle of the target than dealing with the other stuff. 

I could probably set up and shoot a 250 round training session and be picking up my brass by the time it takes to set up a good field course to work on that other stuff. 

#23 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

Pick the division with the least HEAT so you can win!
  • ToddKS and ShootsLikeaDog like this

#24 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

You need to distance yourself from your Timmy past.  Shoot open.  First buy the least expensive used blaster off one of those mail order internet gun buying websites.  Then spend the time to try every powder while developing the optimum load.  Once you settle on HS-6 or Autocomp, proceed to the match.  The gun will not run, which will fuck up your match standings, which will make it hard to figure out how truly terrible you really are at this game.  Immediately start throwing parts at the gun, don't stop until you've invested enough to overcome the "good deal" you got on the used gun.  The open gods hate cheap guns, so don't worry about what parts you're buying, all that matters is the total cost of the gun exceed $3k, but the more the better.  Once your blaster starts working, proceed to the match.  The dot will move all over the place, but you'll have read somewhere that the gun should be doing the work for you and just hold it like a hammer.  Go back to load development and start drilling holes in the barrel, and lightening the slide.  Once you've settled on HS-6 or Autocomp, and figured out that that other guy must hold hammers way different than you, proceed to the match.  Your gun may or may not run at this point, probably not, either way you'll realize that no matter how fast you pull the trigger, you still suck.

Your choice now is clear.  You must pray to the open gods, money pleases them.  So ask of them one request, pray they grant you speed in exchange for an Infinity, and if they do not listen, then to HELL with them!

Or you'll realize none of it fucking matters and you should practice; and not buy bubba built 2011s.

• GuanoLoco, shmella, Cranky Gunsmith and 4 others like this

#25 dansedgli

dansedgli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

Production has half the trigger pull of a revolver and almost the same capacity.

2nd worst division ever.

#26 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:46 PM

No such thing as production anymore, wouldn't even bother.

I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#27 CH3NO2

CH3NO2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:59 PM

Some one tell the new guy don't over think it.
PCC is the way to go .

And if you are a glockalcoholic
Some PCC take glock mags .....problem solved.!
NITRO
Nitromethane, nitrous oxide, nitrocellulose ....3 of my favorite things
To be sure of hitting the target , shoot 1st and call what ever u hit the target.

#28 CH3NO2

CH3NO2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:09 PM

You need to distance yourself from your Timmy past.  Shoot open.  First buy the least expensive used blaster off one of those mail order internet gun buying websites.  Then spend the time to try every powder while developing the optimum load.  Once you settle on HS-6 or Autocomp, proceed to the match.  The gun will not run, which will fuck up your match standings, which will make it hard to figure out how truly terrible you really are at this game.  Immediately start throwing parts at the gun, don't stop until you've invested enough to overcome the "good deal" you got on the used gun.  The open gods hate cheap guns, so don't worry about what parts you're buying, all that matters is the total cost of the gun exceed $3k, but the more the better.  Once your blaster starts working, proceed to the match.  The dot will move all over the place, but you'll have read somewhere that the gun should be doing the work for you and just hold it like a hammer.  Go back to load development and start drilling holes in the barrel, and lightening the slide.  Once you've settled on HS-6 or Autocomp, and figured out that that other guy must hold hammers way different than you, proceed to the match.  Your gun may or may not run at this point, probably not, either way you'll realize that no matter how fast you pull the trigger, you still suck.
Your choice now is clear.  You must pray to the open gods, money pleases them.  So ask of them one request, pray they grant you speed in exchange for an Infinity, and if they do not listen, then to HELL with them! 
Or you'll realize none of it fucking matters and you should practice; and not buy bubba built 2011s.

You forgot the 2 important items ,,,,
1) You need a Dremel tool , preferably the variable speed kind , and full assortment of bits..
2) mags - lot of mags. .. bend,pry, hammer,file and polish them mag tubes along with a pile of springs ,
NITRO
Nitromethane, nitrous oxide, nitrocellulose ....3 of my favorite things
To be sure of hitting the target , shoot 1st and call what ever u hit the target.

#29 NickBlasta

NickBlasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:02 AM

You forgot the 2 important items ,,,,
1) You need a Dremel tool , preferably the variable speed kind , and full assortment of bits..
2) mags - lot of mags. .. bend,pry, hammer,file and polish them mag tubes along with a pile of springs ,

Just toss the mags out after each match.

#30 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

Better safe than sorry. They touch the ground, sell em on Benos.
  • NickBlasta likes this

#31 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:51 AM

Clearly the correct answer is Carry Optics.

20 rounds in the mag, optic, 9mm for cost

Best of all worlds

Kidding aside, starting shooting minor will give you respect for the A zone, as stated previously, you can practice reloads at home, youj don't have to shoot a limited capacity division to get good at reloads.

#32 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:09 AM

That's stupid.  Anyone can hit the A zone shooting minor.  Train like you fight with major loads and learn to hit the A zone with fotay.  After that you will become Master in whatever gay minor division you choose to shoot in a New York minute.  

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#33 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:11 AM

That's stupid.  Anyone can hit the A zone shooting minor.  Train like you fight with major loads and learn to hit the A zone with fotay.  After that you will become Master in whatever gay minor division you choose to shoot in a New York minute.

So says Mr. Spray and pray

Let's see some A to C ratios in your match results Vag.

If you are below 4-1 in minor you are sucking the hind tittie

#34 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:17 AM

So says Mr. Spray and pray

Let's see some A to C ratios in your match results Vag.

If you are below 4-1 in minor you are sucking the hind tittie

I'd hit more A's if I had a crutch er... dot on my gun.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#35 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:23 AM

I'd hit more A's if I had a crutch er... dot on my gun.

Ah, changing the subject, first you said just minor would do it, now you need a dot too? Want a comp as well?

Dude, come on, let's see the results :)

#36 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:27 AM

But you have a dot AND minor AND mag capacity.  That's not fair.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#37 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:35 AM

But you have a dot AND minor AND mag capacity.  That's not fair.

Now you are arguing fucking liberal

Maybe Limited shooters are just fucked up too

#38 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:35 AM

woah-watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here

Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#39 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:38 AM

Doc, shouldn't you be posting photos of mammaries?

#40 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:41 AM

Doc, shouldn't you be posting photos of mammaries?

Are you looking for help in your contest with Vag? There should be one or two in there already that float your boat.

Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users