93 replies to this topic

#81 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

Would the division really matter? I mean, I guess if a person is deciding on a division ok.. even in my noob status.. I would do that.. *BUT*  if a person were to decide whatever divisoin the heat was in, just wasn't something they wanted to shoot.. I would think, if that heat was consistant, could very well be used as a benchmark for the noob to gauge progress as a percentage of the heat's scores.. 

You are correct I would say in general. But see my earlier comments in regards to optics and high capacity as my general thoughts. Open or CO are the places to start in my opinion if you want to progress the most quickly. Learn to move effectively, transition the gun, call your shots, then move on to whatever other fuck-off division you would like once you have figured those things out. 

Lots of dryfire. Live fire focused on the fundamentals. Treat local matches as live fire practice for the shit you can't set up yourself. 

#82 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

That's a lot of money and time to dedicate to a game before you can shoot single stack.

#83 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:38 PM

You are correct I would say in general. But see my earlier comments in regards to optics and high capacity as my general thoughts. Open or CO are the places to start in my opinion if you want to progress the most quickly. Learn to move effectively, transition the gun, call your shots, then move on to whatever other fuck-off division you would like once you have figured those things out.

Lots of dryfire. Live fire focused on the fundamentals. Treat local matches as live fire practice for the shit you can't set up yourself.

Most people don’t progress very fast just because they have a dot and some big sticks. They just shoot slow as usual minus the reloads.

#84 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

That's a lot of money and time to dedicate to a game before you can shoot single stack.

Well considering most people would say you need an STI Trojan at minimum, with your eleventy billion Wilson mags, completely replaced internals, Dawson mag well, new grips, and all that other shit to shoot single stack, Carry Optics is probably cheaper.

Most people don’t progress very fast just because they have a dot and some big sticks. They just shoot slow as usual minus the reloads.
Then they aren't trying to get better. If you're not trying to get better, then I'm not talking to you.

#85 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:28 PM

Then they aren't trying to get better. If you're not trying to get better, then I'm not talking to you.[/quote]

Fair enough

#86 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:34 PM

[quote name="shmella" post="180764" timestamp="1510018094"]Then they aren't trying to get better. If you're not trying to get better, then I'm not talking to you.[/quote]

Fair enough[/quote]

I don't mean that in the sense of "If you aren't trying to get better, then I won't talk to you because you are just wasting your time," I mean it in the sense of this advice doesn't pertain to you. If you want to go out and shoot 129 different guns and just have fun, then more power to you. If you wanna get better then it does apply, IMO.

#87 Bikerburgess

Bikerburgess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

[quote name="GooldMember" post="180767" timestamp="1510022058"]Fair enough[/quote]I don't mean that in the sense of "If you aren't trying to get better, then I won't talk to you because you are just wasting your time," I mean it in the sense of this advice doesn't pertain to you. If you want to go out and shoot 129 different guns and just have fun, then more power to you. If you wanna get better then it does apply, IMO.[/quote]
Hey I resemble that remark

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#88 90lxracer

90lxracer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:15 AM

I can see where you're coming from there. Considering the cost.. CO would make a bit more sense in that case.. at least from a non-comitted noob's perspective. 

At this point, at least for me, any match is a pratice, regardless of what I can or can't set up! lol   But I do see your point there as well. 

#89 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

My GF absolutely loves wheelguns: she’s just getting started in USPSA and I’m encouraging her to pursue that special kind of masochism.

Female: check
Noob: check
Wheel gun: check

Do you bring lunch and dinner to the match so you don't skip two complete meals?

#90 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:08 PM

Female: check
Noob: check
Wheel gun: check

Do you bring lunch and dinner to the match so you don't skip two complete meals?

She hasn’t shot a wheel-gun yet. She’s shooting my #WinWithWalther in Limited Minor. Solely because giving her a dot would make Goodly happy, and we can’t have that.

When she a roundy-round gun, I plan to be more conservative on how much stage footage I film on my pivotheads. I think the card will only hold an hour of recording, and I already use about two minutes of that capacity myself. I don’t think I’ll get her entire match on it.
  • ralloway and GooldMember like this
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#91 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:57 AM

She hasn’t shot a wheel-gun yet. She’s shooting my #WinWithWalther in Limited Minor. Solely because giving her a dot would make Goodly happy, and we can’t have that.

When she a roundy-round gun, I plan to be more conservative on how much stage footage I film on my pivotheads. I think the card will only hold an hour of recording, and I already use about two minutes of that capacity myself. I don’t think I’ll get her entire match on it.

Me feelers been hurtz.

As far as the footage I think you are probably on the right track, unless you have around a terabyte in those glasses.

My opinion on wheelguns is that they are super fun, and I would love to have one for shooting in matches......those matches would be ICORE though.

#92 Bikerburgess

Bikerburgess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

Me feelers been hurtz.

As far as the footage I think you are probably on the right track, unless you have around a terabyte in those glasses.

My opinion on wheelguns is that they are super fun, and I would love to have one for shooting in matches......those matches would be ICORE though.

Wheel guns rock unless you care about winning the combined results, it can be fun to whoop a bunch bottom feeders in the overall results though.

• ralloway, GooldMember and racetaco like this

#93 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:41 PM

... it can be fun to whoop a bunch bottom feeders in the overall results though.

Not gonna lie, I want to get her good enough to beat those swaggering novice men. I want them to lose to a 120lb woman shooting a wheelgun straight and moving efficiently.
  • Will, ralloway and GooldMember like this
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#94 Dennis Solarsky

Dennis Solarsky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

Most people end up starting out in production. It's cheap. And all scored in minor. If u have a 9 mil id say go with production. If u have a 40 or 45. Shoot limited. Reloads are not really an issue if u time them correctly. Don't be the dumb ass shooting major in production..u are already a step behind shooting glock, don't make it worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users