#21 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

Sanctimonious lawyer almost blows his hand off and can't stand being dq'ed using a 5G Infinity. Almost enough to get me posting on Facebook, the fruit is so low hanging. However the dude has been owned a thousand times already and his ego shield is still at 100 percent!

He says "I'm a lawyer" and then proceeds to make obviously incorrect statements about the law and how it works that a first day 1L could call BS on. He's as bad at legal reasoning as he is at gun safety.
  • not that bryan, Jigsaw and chachacha like this

On injured reserve.

#22 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:03 AM

This deserves its own thread.

Second this. 

#23 jay

jay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:05 AM

Sanctimonious lawyer almost blows his hand off and can't stand being dq'ed using a 5G Infinity. Almost enough to get me posting on Facebook, the fruit is so low hanging. However the dude has been owned a thousand times already and his ego shield is still at 100 percent!

He says "I'm a lawyer" and then proceeds to make obviously incorrect statements about the law and how it works that a first day 1L could call BS on. He's as bad at legal reasoning as he is at gun safety.

I thought he was a contractor, he cried about how much money he lost putting on a match Mothers Day weekend in bum fuck egypt and he could have been doing a construction job instead.

fuck him, he fucked up and is lucky he didn't shoot his left hand, probably has powder burns though.

• dravz and 3gundago like this

#24 vluc

vluc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:06 AM

Rob Cook All I can say is, I have been shooting USPSA 6 years, and have been DQ'd 4 or 5 times, out of probably 300 matches. And 3 of them I earned. Two were like this, chickenshit bullshit, where the rules were applied "properly" but the outcome was just wrong and unfair, and accomplished absolutely NOTHING by DQing me. Not good for USPSA.

#25 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

Aren't you a JD or something? Or is that somebody different on here?

#26 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:15 AM

I used to do commercial litigation and other stuff; now I build stuff.

You don't have to be Oliver Wendell Holmes though to see there is more than a scintilla of butthurt contaminating his reasoning. After saying he's a lawyer he then goes on to rant that no law lacks context and since he did not create actual danger he shouldn't suffer a consequence. That's laughable; there are laws left and right that appear to deal with safety that provide punishment regardless of whether any actual danger ensued.
  • Jigsaw likes this

On injured reserve.

#27 jay

jay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

You don't have to be Oliver Wendell Holmes though to see there more than a scintilla of butthurt contaminating his reasoning. After saying he's a lawyer he then goes on to rant that no law lacks context and since he did not create actual danger he shouldn't suffer a consequence. That's laughable; there are laws left and right that appear to deal with safety that provide punishment regardless of whether any actual danger ensued.

so he couldn't cut it as a lawyer now he is building stuff.

Hope he isn't going to be a gunsmith.

I am sure his sponsors like the attention he is getting.

Masingil should sponsor him, he is being a major league douche bag.

#28 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

You don't have to be Oliver Wendell Holmes though to see there is more than a scintilla of butthurt contaminating his reasoning. After saying he's a lawyer he then goes on to rant that no law lacks context and since he did not create actual danger he shouldn't suffer a consequence. That's laughable; there are laws left and right that appear to deal with safety that provide punishment regardless of whether any actual danger ensued.

Thats like saying I drove drunk but didnt hit anything so I shouldn't be charged with a DUI. Or I celebrated the 4th buy shooting my AR into the sky in Downtown but didn't kill anyone so it's ok.

• Trigger Warning, 1-4 Actual and Katsmama like this

#29 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:26 AM

so he couldn't cut it as a lawyer now he is building stuff.

Hope he isn't going to be a gunsmith.

I am sure his sponsors like the attention he is getting.

Masingil should sponsor him, he is being a major league douche bag.

Him and the guy OP where talking about should start a team where they just yell incoherently at anything that doesnt go their way. 

#30 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:31 AM

An Infinity, even a cheap 5,000 dollar one, has a highly tuned trigger - obviously. I have one that has a trigger of 1 pound 4 ounces. The others have the New York trigger of around 2 pounds.

That is flying on the edge. They are saying the video AD may have been from a stuck firing pin. Maybe, and maybe it's time to send the gat to Texas for an overhaul.

Arguing aside, I'm glad he's ok that was close to an injury to the shooter whether he perceives it or not. The rules are fine. How much somebody spent on a gun or traveling shouldn't matter to that.
  • GuruOfGuns and TCB like this

On injured reserve.

#31 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:32 AM

Him and the guy OP where talking about should start a team where they just yell incoherently at anything that doesnt go their way.

Team Cable News? Team US Congress? Team Democrat Party?
  • barry owens and Sad Sack like this

On injured reserve.

#32 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:41 AM

My buddy's new SV has a hair trigger and he's had enough AD's with it in practice to have it adjusted.  I thought the 2lb in my gun was light till I tried his.  Holy fuck ridin the edge there boy...

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#33 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

Andrew Hyder runs a sub 1 LBS trigger. He brags about his .09 splits all the time.

#34 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

Which is odd, as he has always been a super level headed dude in the past. I suppose emotions are just running high from a frustrating situation, because to make that argument.. doesn't seem like you've thought it through.

Agreed

#35 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:07 PM

The arguments are terrible. The rage is real.

The Facebook thread does not support the OP's argument against the DQ rules in any way, not even for people with expensive guns. It does, though, provide evidence that there a ton of people shooting this sport who do not give one fuck about knowing the rules.

If he's normally level headed cool that means he's no Derek Martin and maybe he was just shooting this match while on his period. It happens.

Amazed so many people shoot who do not bother to even glance at the rulebook.
  • Katsmama likes this

On injured reserve.

#36 vluc

vluc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:21 PM

Ben has paid the fb page a visit....

#37 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:27 PM

Amazed so many people shoot who do not bother to even glance at the rulebook.

I shoot but never really read the rule book. I do however know enough to stay out of a DQ. Like how I knew that shooting the ground a few feet in front of me would be a DQ before today. You know how I avoid that DQ, I dont shoot the ground right in front of me. Simple stuff.  

He admitted he thought of that rule in one of the comments when he stood up and started arguing right away. 

#38 jay

jay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

I shoot but never really read the rule book. I do however know enough to stay out of a DQ. Like how I knew that shooting the ground a few feet in front of me would be a DQ before today. You know how I avoid that DQ, I dont shoot the ground right in front of me. Simple stuff.  

He admitted he thought of that rule in one of the comments when he stood up and started arguing right away. 

He is a CRO and tried to bully the RO into not issuing a DQ.

He knows it is a DQ, not his 1st not his last.

• not that bryan, peterthefish and Trigger Warning like this

#39 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:39 PM

and the threads have been nuked.

#40 vluc

vluc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:39 PM

Apparently Mr. Cook has deleted his post on facebook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users