221 replies to this topic

#41 vluc

vluc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

He is a CRO and tried to bully the RO into not issuing a DQ.

He knows it is a DQ, not his 1st not his last.

Hopefully the SC and AD over there will have a chat with the local clubs about his behavior.

Interesting, he's shooting Area 8 and I'm working the match.

• beerbaron likes this

#42 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

I shoot but never really read the rule book. I do however know enough to stay out of a DQ. Like how I knew that shooting the ground a few feet in front of me would be a DQ before today. You know how I avoid that DQ, I dont shoot the ground right in front of me. Simple stuff.  

He admitted he thought of that rule in one of the comments when he stood up and started arguing right away.

"If DQ'ed during a kneel, file an appeal." I never would have shot the ground so close if it hadn't been so close!

Granted one shouldn't need to be cloistered away studying the rulebook in unbroken solitude until it and every clarification is committed to memory, but a read through seems warranted, particularly if one wants to act as range official or argue policy and rule changes on Facebook.

On injured reserve.

#43 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:44 PM

but a read through seems warranted, particularly if one wants to act as range official or argue policy and rule changes on Facebook.

so THATS why I always get murdered when I post stupid shit on facebook. I knew I was missing something. 

My "ah-ha" moment. 

• Trigger Warning likes this

#44 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:45 PM

Hopefully the SC and AD over there will have a chat with the local clubs about his behavior.

Interesting, he's shooting Area 8 and I'm working the match.

I'm still convinced he should stop spending so much money on match fees/travel and buy a real gun that works. 

#45 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

The arguments are terrible. The rage is real.

The Facebook thread does not support the OP's argument against the DQ rules in any way, not even for people with expensive guns. It does, though, provide evidence that there a ton of people shooting this sport who do not give one fuck about knowing the rules.

If he's normally level headed cool that means he's no Derek Martin and maybe he was just shooting this match while on his period. It happens.

Amazed so many people shoot who do not bother to even glance at the rulebook.

He's a CRO tho....

which makes me WTF x 1000

• not that bryan likes this

#46 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:50 PM

Apparently Mr. Cook has deleted his post on facebook.

I hope not this post, that calls to all our better angels to rally against the horrors of legal tyranny. Rosa Parks was dq'ed for trying to get in the front of the bus and this guy is the moral successor in the fight against injustice.

602FB0CE-45CC-4E63-9DD4-CC19FF425BBF_zps
  • GuanoLoco likes this

On injured reserve.

#47 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:51 PM

He's a CRO tho....

which makes me WTF x 1000

In his case, he appears to know the rules but does not like them. I don't think his case will touch off the rebellion against our safety overlords that he hoped it would.

On injured reserve.

#48 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

Deleted now, but it was funny for just a hot sec. Posted Image

#49 vluc

vluc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

I hope not this post, that calls to all our better angels to rally against the horrors of legal tyranny. Rosa Parks was dq'ed for trying to get in the front of the bus and this guy is the moral successor in the fight against injustice.

602FB0CE-45CC-4E63-9DD4-CC19FF425BBF_zps

He's a lawyer and a CRO.  You just can't make this shit up.

#50 vluc

vluc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:54 PM

I'm still convinced he should stop spending so much money on match fees/travel and buy a real gun that works. 

But SVI!!!

• Trigger Warning likes this

#51 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:55 PM

Looks like he made his FB page private....

Does that qualify as a rage quit?
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#52 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

He's a lawyer and a CRO.  You just can't make this shit up.

Yes, a true legal scholar who posted this fact and logic gemstone:

02B8A99F-0981-4D47-830D-AE4E2204AFFA_zps

On injured reserve.

#53 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:59 PM

So he's both unreasonably pissed off about it, and also digging himself into a massive hole by talking square out of his ass.

Remind me never to hire him as a lawyer, I don't need to be executed over a jaywalking claim.

#54 jay

jay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:08 PM

So he's both unreasonably pissed off about it, and also digging himself into a massive hole by talking square out of his ass.

Remind me never to hire him as a lawyer, I don't need to be executed over a jaywalking claim.

He is a builder now, not a Lawyer, I think he tried the same bullshit with others as a lawyer and it didn't work out well for him.

He deleted the thread because he was getting his ass kicked on it.

#55 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

Professional troll Mike Dame has arrived on the scene:
Posted Image

#56 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:32 PM

sheesh, I spend a few days burying my dad (actually spreading his ashes from a sailboat), and I miss all the excitement.

I like rob. Good dude. Sounds like he probably calmed down eventually. I personally like fairly lightly tuned guns for just this reason.

• StrongHandOnly likes this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#57 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:53 PM

sheesh, I spend a few days burying my dad (actually spreading his ashes from a sailboat), and I miss all the excitement.

I like rob. Good dude. Sounds like he probably calmed down eventually. I personally like fairly lightly tuned guns for just this reason.

He calmed down enough to come to his senses and started deleting the asinine statements he was making.
  • StrongHandOnly likes this

#58 jnkranch

jnkranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:01 PM

Damn, Damn, Damn!!

I missed the Facebook posting before it was deleted.  Anyone have more screenshots?

#59 NewbyCorn

NewbyCorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:04 PM

Enjoy

Attached Files

#60 T "G" O

T "G" O

The Gay One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

Same guy wrote this in response to his low turn out at a match he set up... on Mother's Day.

WARNING !

Thanks to the few shooters who showed up at the Cody Match yesterday. Besides Ande and Rob Cook (me), there were only 2 from the Cody area, and 6 from Billings. That is a pitiful turnout and an insult to the match director who did 90% of the work to setup the match (me). I spent 4 hours designing the stages and preparing tools/equipment/supplies for the match setup, 13 hours Saturday actually setting up the match, and then another 3 hours Sunday morning resetting the stages up since the wind blew down all but 2 walls Saturday night, and 2 hours tearing down and packing up. Fortunately, I had John Shwartz and Paul Card help a few hours Saturday, as usual, and then Brian Hogemark help Sunday morning put all the walls back up with Ande and me. The stages were Area match level and quality stages, and it was extremely disappointing that only 8 shooters took advantage of all of our work making the match available for them to enjoy. Everyone helped tear down after the match which made it much more bearable, and that is greatly appreciated and expected. Rich Redovian and Mike Vosen were both unable to do the setup this match due to work conflicts. Usually Rich does what I did Sunday, often alone, and has done so for 27 YEARS ! I think he has paid his dues and at age 66 deserves a little break and support from younger shooters now. So that maybe he can enjoy the sport he has helped build into what it is today.

Long story short, we are no longer willing to invest so much of our personal time to put on a match and maintain a club if there is not enough interest from those who are not supporting us, both by lack of participation and lack of volunteer help setting up the match. I personally lost 20 billable hours of income at $65 per hour ($1,300), this weekend alone, choosing to put off my paying customers' projects to allow the match to be held in Cody for all of you. That is, literally, me PAYING in CASH, $162 for EACH of the 8 shooters who actually showed up and shot our match yesterday. I am not willing to do this any longer if people do not appreciate it, and care enough to simply show up and shoot our match we make possible for them to enjoy.

Secondly, we are not going to set up matches alone any longer. If we don't have 5 people volunteering and committing to help with the setup each match, we will cancel the match before it even begins and we waste any of our time on it. I am age 58, Rich is 66, Ande is 57, Paul and John are in their late 60's. This is BS that no young people are helping out with the heavy lifting. This well has about run dry now. Note that I regularly shoot at DOZENS of USPSA clubs each year, and this is the most pitiful level of support in Cody that I have ever seen, ANYWHERE. And it has only gotten worse in the last three years, now, to the point of ridiculous.

So consider whether having a USPSA club in Cody with matches on the second Sunday of each summer month, is important to YOU or not. Because your level of interest and participation will now determine its future, as it SHOULD be. We are still willing to produce the match and do a lot of the work, but NOT alone, and not if nobody else cares enough about the match to support it.

Understand, I could take it or leave it personally, and do not care if the Cody Club ceases to exist, today. I have already shot 40 USPSA matches in 2017 and was a CRO at Area Matches 1,2 and 6. It is EASIER and FASTER and CHEAPER for me to drive to Denver, or Vegas to shoot on the Second Sunday of each month, than to put on a match in Cody by myself. Or I could work Saturday and apply those earnings to buying a plane ticket and hotel to travel to a Sunday match anywhere in the US!

Accordingly, we will institute a new policy for the next Cody match, and all thereafter, wherein by the Thursday night before the second Sunday match date we will either have 20 or more shooters registered on Practiscore to shoot the match, AND have 5 volunteers committed to helping setup Saturday, or the match will be CANCELLED Thursday night. Period.

Show us by your actions in 3 weeks, before the June 11, 2017 match, whether or not you want a Cody USPSA club available for your enjoyment. The club and its match's future is in your hands now.

Rob Cook

• Just Some Random Hoser likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users