#61 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:11 PM

Five hundred thousand. That's how high you have to count if you show up in Texas looking for a quality gat and you only brought your penny jar.

F096B533-8060-4998-AD21-9DE503871417_zps

On injured reserve.

#62 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

His whole facebook is gone now....Dang cant find the original post 

#63 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:28 PM

FB page isnt down, just those posts. https://www.facebook...rob.cook.940098

#64 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

FB page isnt down, just those posts. https://www.facebook...rob.cook.940098

He must have blocked me or something. Dang

#65 T "G" O

T "G" O

The Gay One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

You get blocked too eh?

#66 jnkranch

jnkranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:52 PM

Ok, this is the same guy who did the 'woe is me, I put on a match and none came'. Credibility = shot.

#67 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:09 PM

Hopefully the SC and AD over there will have a chat with the local clubs about his behavior.

Interesting, he's shooting Area 8 and I'm working the match.

Hard to forget an "asshole', yes

#68 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

So he's both unreasonably pissed off about it, and also digging himself into a massive hole by talking square out of his ass.

Remind me never to hire him as a lawyer, I don't need to be executed over a jaywalking claim.

Story I learned in my youth in the Army....when you find yourself in a hole - STOP DIGGING!

#69 ltdmstr

ltdmstr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:18 PM

Holy shit.  1) Considering some of the crap Mr. Cookie posted, I have a very hard time believing he actually passed the bar.  Maybe he got a JD from a correspondence school and never took the bar.  But if he really is a lawyer and posted that shit, then the state of PA needs to raise their standards.  Pretty damn embarrassing for those who actually are lawyers.  2) It's amazing there are idiots arguing in support of this douchebag (The DQ was "unjustified"?  WTF?).  3) The lawyer wannabes who like the use the term "negligent discharge" are about as clueless as Mr. Cookie.  Trying to sound all educated, etc. but instead just demonstrating that they have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.  

#70 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

Same guy wrote this in response to his low turn out at a match he set up... on Mother's Day.

WARNING !

Thanks to the few shooters who showed up at the Cody Match yesterday. Besides Ande and Rob Cook (me), there were only 2 from the Cody area, and 6 from Billings. That is a pitiful turnout and an insult to the match director who did 90% of the work to setup the match (me). I spent 4 hours designing the stages and preparing tools/equipment/supplies for the match setup, 13 hours Saturday actually setting up the match, and then another 3 hours Sunday morning resetting the stages up since the wind blew down all but 2 walls Saturday night, and 2 hours tearing down and packing up. Fortunately, I had John Shwartz and Paul Card help a few hours Saturday, as usual, and then Brian Hogemark help Sunday morning put all the walls back up with Ande and me. The stages were Area match level and quality stages, and it was extremely disappointing that only 8 shooters took advantage of all of our work making the match available for them to enjoy. Everyone helped tear down after the match which made it much more bearable, and that is greatly appreciated and expected. Rich Redovian and Mike Vosen were both unable to do the setup this match due to work conflicts. Usually Rich does what I did Sunday, often alone, and has done so for 27 YEARS ! I think he has paid his dues and at age 66 deserves a little break and support from younger shooters now. So that maybe he can enjoy the sport he has helped build into what it is today.

Long story short, we are no longer willing to invest so much of our personal time to put on a match and maintain a club if there is not enough interest from those who are not supporting us, both by lack of participation and lack of volunteer help setting up the match. I personally lost 20 billable hours of income at $65 per hour ($1,300), this weekend alone, choosing to put off my paying customers' projects to allow the match to be held in Cody for all of you. That is, literally, me PAYING in CASH, $162 for EACH of the 8 shooters who actually showed up and shot our match yesterday. I am not willing to do this any longer if people do not appreciate it, and care enough to simply show up and shoot our match we make possible for them to enjoy.

Secondly, we are not going to set up matches alone any longer. If we don't have 5 people volunteering and committing to help with the setup each match, we will cancel the match before it even begins and we waste any of our time on it. I am age 58, Rich is 66, Ande is 57, Paul and John are in their late 60's. This is BS that no young people are helping out with the heavy lifting. This well has about run dry now. Note that I regularly shoot at DOZENS of USPSA clubs each year, and this is the most pitiful level of support in Cody that I have ever seen, ANYWHERE. And it has only gotten worse in the last three years, now, to the point of ridiculous.

So consider whether having a USPSA club in Cody with matches on the second Sunday of each summer month, is important to YOU or not. Because your level of interest and participation will now determine its future, as it SHOULD be. We are still willing to produce the match and do a lot of the work, but NOT alone, and not if nobody else cares enough about the match to support it.

Understand, I could take it or leave it personally, and do not care if the Cody Club ceases to exist, today. I have already shot 40 USPSA matches in 2017 and was a CRO at Area Matches 1,2 and 6. It is EASIER and FASTER and CHEAPER for me to drive to Denver, or Vegas to shoot on the Second Sunday of each month, than to put on a match in Cody by myself. Or I could work Saturday and apply those earnings to buying a plane ticket and hotel to travel to a Sunday match anywhere in the US!

Accordingly, we will institute a new policy for the next Cody match, and all thereafter, wherein by the Thursday night before the second Sunday match date we will either have 20 or more shooters registered on Practiscore to shoot the match, AND have 5 volunteers committed to helping setup Saturday, or the match will be CANCELLED Thursday night. Period.

Show us by your actions in 3 weeks, before the June 11, 2017 match, whether or not you want a Cody USPSA club available for your enjoyment. The club and its match's future is in your hands now.

Rob Cook

"Never Take Pictures", never make "Movies" and never "Tell Anyone"....I guess now we should add never post it on FB where T"G"O can find it   :lol:

• T "G" O likes this

#71 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,350 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

I nominate Rob Cook as the next CO of the USS Fitzgerald

"I was asleep in my cabin.  I didn't do anything wrong"

• BHill and jay like this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#72 adoo

adoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:26 PM

TL;DR

#73 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:35 PM

Doesn't IPSC not DQ if your gun "breaks" and tosses an unintentional round in a "safe" direction? I might be remembering that wrong.
I have shot with Rob a few times. He seems like a pretty good guy.
  • Motosapiens likes this

#74 jay

jay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:38 PM

Doesn't IPSC not DQ if your gun "breaks" and tosses an unintentional round in a "safe" direction? I might be remembering that wrong.
I have shot with Rob a few times. He seems like a pretty good guy.

Don't know since I don't shoot IPSC, this was a USPSA Match, IPSC Rules don't apply.

Rob is a primadonna wannabe Paper Master Shooter that is a B shooter that occasionally shoots at an A level.  

He bought the SVI Used and had some issues with it, he is full of shit saying he never had any problems with it.

He probably fucked with the trigger and made it too light, or stoned the sear and fucked up the angles on it.

If things don't go his way, he is a little whiney bitch.

#75 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:42 PM

10.4.8 In this Section, if it can be established that the cause of the discharge is due to a broken or defective part of the firearm, the competitor has not committed any safety infraction in this Section, and a disqualification will not be invoked, but the competitor's scores for that stage will be zero.

10.4.8.1 The firearm must be immediately presented for inspection to the Range Master or his delegate, who will inspect the firearm and carry out any tests necessary to establish that a broken or defective part caused the discharge. A competitor may not later appeal a disqualification for an accidental discharge due to a broken or defective part if they fail to present the firearm for inspection prior to leaving the course of fire.

#76 ltdmstr

ltdmstr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:51 PM

From what I've read, there was no demonstration that the gun was actually broken or defective or how any mechanical issue caused the AD.  He simply stated that the gun became unsafe for unknown reasons.  As far as we can tell, and as far as the rules are concerned, that's just an excuse.  There's no evidence that the AD was caused by anything other than the shooter's own actions.

#77 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:05 PM

Holy shit. 1) Considering some of the crap Mr. Cookie posted, I have a very hard time believing he actually passed the bar. Maybe he got a JD from a correspondence school and never took the bar. But if he really is a lawyer and posted that shit, then the state of PA needs to raise their standards. Pretty damn embarrassing for those who actually are lawyers. 2) It's amazing there are idiots arguing in support of this douchebag (The DQ was "unjustified"? WTF?). 3) The lawyer wannabes who like the use the term "negligent discharge" are about as clueless as Mr. Cookie. Trying to sound all educated, etc. but instead just demonstrating that they have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

1) Per his Mother's Day match bitching he missed out on $65 / hour. I don't know what kind of lawyer charges $65 / hour but I sure as shit wouldn't hire him.

2) I think he is in WY, was just in PA for the match.
  • GuanoLoco likes this

#78 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:08 PM

Perhaps he needs a class with Yeager to help him dial back his anger and gun handling skills. 

Jackass. 

#79 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:11 PM

What kind of douche schedules a match on Mother's Day and expects a massive turnout?

[enter psycho-social deficiency here]
  • CH3NO2 and racetaco like this
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#80 jay

jay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:12 PM

10.4.8 In this Section, if it can be established that the cause of the discharge is due to a broken or defective part of the firearm, the competitor has not committed any safety infraction in this Section, and a disqualification will not be invoked, but the competitor's scores for that stage will be zero.

10.4.8.1 The firearm must be immediately presented for inspection to the Range Master or his delegate, who will inspect the firearm and carry out any tests necessary to establish that a broken or defective part caused the discharge. A competitor may not later appeal a disqualification for an accidental discharge due to a broken or defective part if they fail to present the firearm for inspection prior to leaving the course of fire.

that isn't USPSA Rules so it doesn't matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users