190 replies to this topic

#21 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:58 PM

(Now mind you they raised their prices about a few weeks before this and the increase was something close to 30%. The main reason I went with them was because of how competitive their prices were and now they joined the ranks of retarded expensive like everyone else. Their website used to read a statement that they are going to revolutionize the gun building game with lowering the prices of custom built guns but have the best product you could ever buy forcing the entire market to change. Like most greedy people, Dollar signs seemed to have changed that plan.)

Oh boy, he's economically illiterate, too.

• Conspiracy Brother, GuanoLoco and Part Of Me like this

#22 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:58 PM

Dude you asked a question, and I provided a possible answer. You really don't need to repeat what you've already posted. The word "lemon" is going to trigger a person. We also are only getting one side of the story. For all we know you could've sent the guy like 40 emails asking dumb questions, up to the point where you call the gun a lemon, and also insinuate that he stole your design.

You never preburn a bridge. I would've just told him what was wrong, wait for it to be repaired and sent back, and then if you were still not satisfied, then tell him he stole your design and he sold you a lemon lol. You messed up the order of operations.

Lol goood point. But I didn't plan on sending it back. People turn out a lemon every now and then. That's fine, What you do to make it right says a lot though. I only sent 4 emails total. Including the one complaining about the slide design.
  • Cajun cracker likes this

#23 DD78

DD78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:01 PM

Lol goood point. But I didn't plan on sending it back. People turn out a lemon every now and then. That's fine, What you do to make it right says a lot though. I only sent 4 emails total. Including the one complaining about the slide design.

But if the slide was sloppy why wouldn't you send it back?

#24 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

You never preburn a bridge. I would've just told him what was wrong, wait for it to be repaired and sent back, and then if you were still not satisfied, then tell him he stole your design and he sold you a lemon lol. You messed up the order of operations.

Good advice right here. For someone who seems to understand customer service from the business side, mr shmella seems to not understand it as well from the consumer side. With a little good manners (and sweet talk if it's a chick on the phone), you can easily get much better treatment than most people get.

Every time I go to the DMV, I make a point of finding something to compliment in the clerk's hairstyle, jewelry or attire. Big surprise, I get pretty nice treatment after that, and sometimes rules get bent a little to get me on my way with minimum hassle. Being nice to the other guy works just as well for customers as it does for businesses.

• DD78 and Katsmama like this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#25 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

The other side of the story will never come out. He's too busy posting pictures of chaos open guns. If he were to chime in I would love to hear his side. He will probably lose his cool again and show his true colors. Call him up and just chat for a bit. You will very quickly and easily realize he thinks he is the best thing to ever walk the earth and bless the competition shooting community with his presence.
  • Cajun cracker likes this

#26 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

But if the slide was sloppy why wouldn't you send it back?

I wasn't quite sure if I was out of line to question it honestly. If it ran I was going to shoot the shit out of it. It did have an unofficial bumper to bumper warranty. After the conversation with him I realized it wasn't worth keeping and having to deal with him again if I ever had to use that bumper to bumper warranty

#27 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:08 PM

Good advice right here. For someone who seems to understand customer service from the business side, mr shmella seems to not understand it as well from the consumer side. With a little good manners (and sweet talk if it's a chick on the phone), you can easily get much better treatment than most people get.

Every time I go to the DMV, I make a point of finding something to compliment in the clerk's hairstyle, jewelry or attire. Big surprise, I get pretty nice treatment after that, and sometimes rules get bent a little to get me on my way with minimum hassle. Being nice to the other guy works just as well for customers as it does for businesses.

Agreed. I should have went about it differently. It's hard to relay tone in an email so calling probably would have been a better approach.
  • Motosapiens likes this

#28 No-one

No-one

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:08 PM

Yes troll, I initially classified B class with 4 classifiers in the books. I've shot 12 uspsa matches total. I'm not afraid to admit I didn't come out the gate with a GM card. Don't be jealous that I got money bitch.

Oh and you have been beat by PRD shooters at at least 3 matches this year. Get some you gunslinger 

#29 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

Oh boy, he's economically illiterate, too.

Hey I'm greedy myself. Just pointing out one example of how Adam will say one thing and do another. That's not the only example. For instance the deltapoint issue. You don't supply them, you do supply them, which one is it? He blamed deltspoints relationship with them and said they're a pain in the ass to deal with so they don't use them LoL

#30 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:16 PM

Hey I'm greedy myself. Just pointing out one example of how Adam will say one thing and do another. That's not the only example. For instance the deltapoint issue. You don't supply them, you do supply them, which one is it? He blamed deltspoints relationship with them and said they're a pain in the ass to deal with so they don't use them LoL

https://en.wikipedia...pply_and_demand

#31 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

https://en.wikipedia...pply_and_demand

I get supply and demand.
He stated he is sick of the industry and custom gun makers charging too much for custom guns. And is going to revolutionize the custom gun market for competition shooters and drive the market down. That was his mission statement on their website.
  • Motosapiens likes this

#32 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:19 PM

Agreed. I should have went about it differently. It's hard to relay tone in an email so calling probably would have been a better approach.

If we look at the available data points..... Tim Herron loves atlas gun works.... and he's a super nice guy (unless you drive a mini-van), so it appears that you may have done it wrong.... at least a little.

#33 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:20 PM

That was their main goal from the start along with short lead times. 16 weeks is not bad but it's double what I quoted.

#34 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

If we look at the available data points..... Tim Herron loves atlas gun works.... and he's a super nice guy (unless you drive a mini-van), so it appears that you may have done it wrong.... at least a little.

get Tim off the record and ask if Adam comes off cocky and arrogant. I know he would never admit it on record but anyone who has talked to him will know what I am talking about. Even his employees I guarantee would agree.
  • Motosapiens likes this

#35 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

get Tim off the record and ask if Adam comes off cocky and arrogant. I know he would never admit it on record but anyone who has talked to him will know what I am talking about. Even his employees I guarantee would agree.

I will ask him, but honestly.... everyone who is good at anything (except Tim) comes off cocky and arrogant. It's a hallmark of smart people. The *most* successful ones will usually learn to temper it so as not to be fucking dicks to everyone.

• Part Of Me likes this

#36 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:25 PM

Every single person I have spoke to about this matter face to face at a match has said that they have heard he's rude or arrogant. It's not a new thing. Just the first time he absolutely lost his shit in a customer and they went public.

#37 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:26 PM

Confidence and cocky arrogant ass are two different things.
  • GooldMember likes this

#38 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

Just another reason to shoot an XDM 5.25.

• ToddKS, NickBlasta, Part Of Me and 2 others like this
I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#39 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

I get supply and demand.
He stated he is sick of the industry and custom gun makers charging too much for custom guns. And is going to revolutionize the custom gun market for competition shooters and drive the market down. That was his mission statement on their website.

Aren't they in VT? No surprise they would be anti-capitalism until they realized making bank is better than giving economic surplus to your customers. In fact, making money hand over fist is second only to berating your customers who are too dumb to tune an Aftec.

/honestly, if you want to differentiate yourself selling $5K plus guns, stellar customer service or putting videos about how to tune an Aftec on your website would probably be a good start.
  • shmella likes this

#40 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:13 PM

1) $5000 guns are dumb

2) Super custom is dumb

3) If this story is true, Atlas deserves losing business over it

4) This post will make dummies looking to spend their child's college fund on a gun rethink Atlas.

5) Are there any custom gun builders that are not assholes?
  • RDS likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users