#41 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

Oh and you have been beat by PRD shooters at at least 3 matches this year. Get some you gunslinger 

Hey Adam.

• hans16633, Low&left and GooldMember like this

#42 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

Hey Adam.

Lol I briefly actually thought this

#43 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

Lol I briefly actually thought this

Ditto. Either that or some guy has enough of an Atlas boner to white knight for him.

#44 RDS

RDS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:01 PM

1) $5000 guns are dumb

2) Super custom is dumb

3) If this story is true, Atlas deserves losing business over it

4) This post will make dummies looking to spend their child's college fund on a gun rethink Atlas.

5) Are there any custom gun builders that are not assholes?

This--- specially number 5.

Rule of story this week seems to be (again):

Buy a glock and spend the extra 4500 on hookers and blow.

You'll shoot the same and hey hookers and blow.

Using  your own money as always optional.

To be fair I yell at my gunsmith a lot too.  Every morning in the mirror: "FUCK! YOU AGAIN!"  Really bad for customer service too.

• Stubb, Gecko 46, Motosapiens and 1 other like this

It's not about winning, it's about emasculating your friends in front of their loved ones

#45 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

Ditto. Either that or some guy has enough of an Atlas boner to white knight for him.

Is Adam or still owns an Atlas gun, close enough.

Gotta agree on screwing up the order of operations though, leading with insults to a guy that you want to do something for you isn't usually optimal, regardless of express or implied warranties.

Open is dumb.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#46 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

Having read this in it's entirety I have to completely side with shmella (whatever the fuck that is).  I vote with my wallet everywhere I go and this would've gotten way further out of control if it had been me.  You build shit for people you'd better back that shit up or you go out of business.  Doesn't matter if it's fucking custom guns or custom homes.  My new POS limited gun has ZERO play in the slide to frame fit and it was considerably less than $5000.  I'm an A type personality and if some fuckstick goes off on me it's on.  I will blast that shit all over the fucking planet.  There is no excuse for take the money and run unless meth and Burkett has that market cornered. 

The good news is that there are still good gun builders out there.  One in particular is Shay Akai of Akai Superguns.  He treats his customers with respect and humility and gratitude.  I don't own one of his firearms but he offered to work on whatever I need done on what I have.  That builds confidence.  Tim is happy and proud of his PAID FOR BY HIS SPONSOR new gun.  I don't blame him.  But if a guy is an arrogant dick he won't be getting my dough.  

• Scott, Gecko 46, warpspeed and 5 others like this

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#47 DD78

DD78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:10 PM

Good advice right here. For someone who seems to understand customer service from the business side, mr shmella seems to not understand it as well from the consumer side. With a little good manners (and sweet talk if it's a chick on the phone), you can easily get much better treatment than most people get.

Every time I go to the DMV, I make a point of finding something to compliment in the clerk's hairstyle, jewelry or attire. Big surprise, I get pretty nice treatment after that, and sometimes rules get bent a little to get me on my way with minimum hassle. Being nice to the other guy works just as well for customers as it does for businesses.

Yep, you catch way more flies with honey than a bag of dicks.  

I've run through the returning shit gauntlet before.  Don't say anything in a joking manner through email or over the phone if it can be misinterpreted in a negative way, especially if you're wanting to get something from the person.  Between friends, telling a buddy WTF dude you sold me a lemon LOL is perfectly fine because you both know you're joking.  

People running a business aren't your friend, they don't view you as their friends, regardless of how nice you are.  To them you're a customer.  Therefore you don't joke around with them in a way that can be misinterpreted.  

I look at business transactions one way.....you have something I want, and you want my money.  We both need to act accordingly to facilitate the transaction.  

Now if I were in this exact scenario, faced with a gun that's fucking up, and a shit job on the slide to frame fit, I would have asked him to give me a call, then told him what the problem is and asked if I could ship it back.  At this point I wouldn't care if he literally stole my exact custom design...I'd care but not enough to jeopardize him fixing his shit work.  It would be all yes sir no sir.  

He fixes it, you get it back, and if you believe that you'll never have to use him for warranty work again, then tell him he's a scumbag that stole your design, and because of his shit eye for detail, he sent out a gun with a slide that looked like it was fitted by Helen Keller.  Go all out at that point lol.  

Hopefully the OP learns a valuable lesson in this for future transactions.  Always keep in mind that most American's are lazy as fuck and if they can get away with shoddy work, they will, especially if they want nothing to do with you.  If you're pleasant to them, then people are more willing to give you the treatment you deserve.  

If I were in Atlas dude's shoes, I personally wouldn't have blown up like that, but I would have dragged my ass with getting back to you after you accused me of stealing the design of the custom gun I helped design and mockup for you.  The selling you a lemon part would've chafed my balls too.  But I wouldn't have been a cunt on the phone to you.  

• Control likes this

#48 No-one

No-one

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:10 PM

I am neither Adam or own an Atlas gun. Shit I don't even shoot a division Atlas makes guns for, but if it looks, smells and tastes like bullshit...

#49 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

You're no-one.  Fuck off.

• warpspeed, Sad Sack, ToddKS and 3 others like this

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#50 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:34 PM

I've run through the returning shit gauntlet before. Don't say anything in a joking manner through email or over the phone if it can be misinterpreted in a negative way, especially if you're wanting to get something from the person. Between friends, telling a buddy WTF dude you sold me a lemon LOL is perfectly fine because you both know you're joking.

People running a business aren't your friend, they don't view you as their friends, regardless of how nice you are. To them you're a customer. Therefore you don't joke around with them in a way that can be misinterpreted.

I look at business transactions one way.....you have something I want, and you want my money. We both need to act accordingly to facilitate the transaction.

Now if I were in this exact scenario, faced with a gun that's fucking up, and a shit job on the slide to frame fit, I would have asked him to give me a call, then told him what the problem is and asked if I could ship it back. At this point I wouldn't care if he literally stole my exact custom design...I'd care but not enough to jeopardize him fixing his shit work. It would be all yes sir no sir.

He fixes it, you get it back, and if you believe that you'll never have to use him for warranty work again, then tell him he's a scumbag that stole your design, and because of his shit eye for detail, he sent out a gun with a slide that looked like it was fitted by Helen Keller. Go all out at that point lol.

Hopefully the OP learns a valuable lesson in this for future transactions. Always keep in mind that most American's are lazy as fuck and if they can get away with shoddy work, they will, especially if they want nothing to do with you. If you're pleasant to them, then people are more willing to give you the treatment you deserve.

If I were in Atlas dude's shoes, I personally wouldn't have blown up like that, but I would have dragged my ass with getting back to you after you accused me of stealing the design of the custom gun I helped design and mockup for you. The selling you a lemon part would've chafed my balls too. But I wouldn't have been a cunt on the phone to you.

you live and learn. I have to agree with pretty much all your points. In hindsight I would have skipped the emails and went right for the phone. I'm making a mental note of what you said about business transactions.
  • Motosapiens and DD78 like this

#51 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:36 PM

I am neither Adam or own an Atlas gun. Shit I don't even shoot a division Atlas makes guns for, but if it looks, smells and tastes like bullshit...

so it's confirmed. You're just retarded. Idk what is bullshit about anything you read. I didn't make this shit up. I have my real name on here. I actually owned an atlas gun and have video of the wobbly fit slide that i took. This isn't just a random no-one account with no connection to a real person...

#52 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:41 PM

Shit I don't even shoot a division Atlas makes guns for..

It's starting to make sense.... revolver.
  • Stubb, Perfecto and Stranger Danger like this

#53 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:58 PM

I've run through the returning shit gauntlet before.  Don't say anything in a joking manner through email or over the phone if it can be misinterpreted in a negative way, especially if you're wanting to get something from the person.  Between friends, telling a buddy WTF dude you sold me a lemon LOL is perfectly fine because you both know you're joking.  

People running a business aren't your friend, they don't view you as their friends, regardless of how nice you are.  To them you're a customer.  Therefore you don't joke around with them in a way that can be misinterpreted.  

I look at business transactions one way.....you have something I want, and you want my money.  We both need to act accordingly to facilitate the transaction.  

Now if I were in this exact scenario, faced with a gun that's fucking up, and a shit job on the slide to frame fit, I would have asked him to give me a call, then told him what the problem is and asked if I could ship it back.  At this point I wouldn't care if he literally stole my exact custom design...I'd care but not enough to jeopardize him fixing his shit work.  It would be all yes sir no sir.  

He fixes it, you get it back, and if you believe that you'll never have to use him for warranty work again, then tell him he's a scumbag that stole your design, and because of his shit eye for detail, he sent out a gun with a slide that looked like it was fitted by Helen Keller.  Go all out at that point lol.  

Hopefully the OP learns a valuable lesson in this for future transactions.  Always keep in mind that most American's are lazy as fuck and if they can get away with shoddy work, they will, especially if they want nothing to do with you.  If you're pleasant to them, then people are more willing to give you the treatment you deserve.  

If I were in Atlas dude's shoes, I personally wouldn't have blown up like that, but I would have dragged my ass with getting back to you after you accused me of stealing the design of the custom gun I helped design and mockup for you.  The selling you a lemon part would've chafed my balls too.  But I wouldn't have been a cunt on the phone to you.  

Pretty much this. Those cunts really have you by the balls when you expect your $3000+ (or $5000, yikes) gun to work.  My Bobby gun story went pretty much just like this, except I never sent it back. Fixed it myself and dumped it on someone else.

• DD78 likes this

#54 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

Pretty much this. Those cunts really have you by the balls when you expect your $3000+ (or $5000, yikes) gun to work.  My Bobby gun story went pretty much just like this, except I never sent it back. Fixed it myself and dumped it on someone else.

That's pretty much what I did. Fixed it myself and got rid of it. I didn't trust sending it back to him after the altercation. Since I was denied a refund, I wasn't too fond of the idea of giving him $5000 to hold on to for as long as he liked.

#55 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:09 PM

Having read this in it's entirety I have to completely side with shmella (whatever the fuck that is). I vote with my wallet everywhere I go and this would've gotten way further out of control if it had been me. You build shit for people you'd better back that shit up or you go out of business. Doesn't matter if it's fucking custom guns or custom homes. My new POS limited gun has ZERO play in the slide to frame fit and it was considerably less than $5000. I'm an A type personality and if some fuckstick goes off on me it's on. I will blast that shit all over the fucking planet. There is no excuse for take the money and run unless meth and Burkett has that market cornered.

The good news is that there are still good gun builders out there. One in particular is Shay Akai of Akai Superguns. He treats his customers with respect and humility and gratitude. I don't own one of his firearms but he offered to work on whatever I need done on what I have. That builds confidence. Tim is happy and proud of his PAID FOR BY HIS SPONSOR new gun. I don't blame him. But if a guy is an arrogant dick he won't be getting my dough.

when I was seeking out options and the atlas was still for sale, I was planning to buy an akai semi custom but stumbled into the sv and couldn't pass it up.

#56 Shippj

Shippj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationMonfuckingtana

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

when I was seeking out options and the atlas was still for sale, I was planning to buy an akai semi custom but stumbled into the sv and couldn't pass it up.

Dude sell the SV, has Rob Cook taught you nothing?
  • Jigsaw, ToddKS and racetaco like this

#57 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

I'll put 50,000 miles on it then sell it for 5000$ in a year or two.

#58 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:51 PM

Can you guys please provide your Enos usernames so I can avoid your classified ads.

• praetorian97, jakemartens, Jigsaw and 9 others like this

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#59 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:38 PM

I can see both sides on this. I think you were treated pretty poorly. Especially after they bumped up your expectations with gimmicks like 'first 100 club', 'super custom' and 'bumper to bumper 3 year platinum warranty'.

They should probably take note of the adage that goes 'under promise, over deliver'.

They built up expectation of a service that would include ego massaging, fancy pics of your gun and actual fucking service and support. Then they behaved like 90% of gun builders. Ie dropped you like a sack of shit at the first hint of you being a 'difficult' customer (in the gun world 'difficult' = needs some help).

I can see where you could have chosen words more carefully. Suggesting it may be a Lemon no doubt triggered his douchebag gland.

I hate to say this but I think vagetarians post made sense.

I'm not surprised they're not perfect. They are the new hot thing. All that talk about changing the industry with the awesomest guns at low low prices etc (yeah I saw it) came across as douchey to me (and rang false).

I still hate the 'underbite' look their guns have with the dc extending past the slide. Whatever. The slide cuts do look cool.

Hopefully you've learned something about dealing with product issues.

Never go full retard. I mean full custom.
  • Motosapiens, Heckler and Stranger Danger like this

#60 u sofa king we todd ed

u sofa king we todd ed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:00 AM

It's starting to make sense.... revolver.

Yep, obviously retarded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users