RMJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

Hi,

Saw this image, and was curious if this is legal for production?  Before you get all doodie on me, I did read appendix D in the 2014 rulebook, and didn't see anything about this one way or another.

Comp-Tac.1.jpg?fit=922,615&ssl=1

Why do I care? Because I had my shoulder replaced 5 years ago, and have a shiny ball and socked on my left arm. It gets pretty cranky when I have to reach back to mags 3,4,5 over and over in dry fire... If I could avoid going so far back all the time my shoulder would be happier...

#2 Bigstateshooter

Bigstateshooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:38 PM

Bullets out is the answer you are looking for.
  • RDS, peterthefish and MEISTERB like this

#3 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

Legal? Yes.... From personal experience don't do it. Wasted my money doing that. I also suggest bullets out

#4 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

I'd think that would be a reload cluster fudge.
I'm going bullets out if I go back to SS next year.

#5 redrider

redrider

lolcow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:51 PM

As long as you meet the mag to belt distance requirement then you're good to go. That can't be determined by your picture.

But if your shoulder is soooo jacked, why choose a reload heavy division? Why not CO or Lim?

• Alma likes this

#6 RMJack

RMJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:45 PM

All,

thanks for the suggestions on bullets out - I have my rig set up that way currently, I"ll try to get a picture but the ghost pouches I have (I run a G34) still put the last few pouches well behind 5:00 left side... Maybe I'm setting it up wrong.

As for why production, that's a good question - I wouldn't say my shoulder is sooo jacked, but it goes get bitchy after reaching around over and over again. I like the idea of production (no race guns, more 'real' world with mags where you'd actually wear them instead of being right in front of you - not hating on other divisions, it just seemed the least equipment sensitive, I'm not saying I'll never do any other division... 

Thanks,

#7 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

Lol real world. Dude if you're walking with 5 mags on your belt and a gun on your hip the real world is long gone. Will they still have a ten round limit in the post-apocalypse?
  • RMJack likes this

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#8 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:17 PM

I like the idea of production...more 'real' world...it just seemed the least equipment sensitive...

Did I miss the legalization of weed in Oregon?

• RMJack likes this

#9 RMJack

RMJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:19 PM

Lol real world. Dude if you're walking with 5 mags on your belt and a gun on your hip the real world is long gone. Will they still have a ten round limit in the post-apocalypse?

Oh sure, put it that way and my inner Timmy sounds completely retarded... 

OK, scratch the 'real world' argument...  :-)

#10 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

If you're sticking with production and your arm gets fucked after reloading a few times you may want to consider the aforementioned bullets out method for sanity's sake. Also maybe angling the mags or something, although I have no idea if that's prod legal.

#11 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:17 PM

You could always compromise with your inner Timmy and drop a stockish G35 in the same rig you're running now and shoot Limited.

#12 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:03 AM

Don't listen to any of these clowns. If you have a bad shoulder and shoot production, have physical limitations, this just might be the rig for you.

I am an inventor and Firearms Industry Subject Matter Expert. 

#13 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:30 PM

thanks for the suggestions on bullets out - I have my rig set up that way currently, I"ll try to get a picture but the ghost pouches I have (I run a G34) still put the last few pouches well behind 5:00 left side... Maybe I'm setting it up wrong.

throw the ghosts away and get daa racers. the mount of the ghosts is so big you can't get them very close together. i have some extra ghosts for just that reason.

• BenB, Buck Turgidson and RMJack like this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#14 redrider

redrider

lolcow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:31 PM

second what moto says. the belt real estate for the ghosts doesn't change based on pouch orientation. So you gain nothing by going bullets out with those pouches.

Other than maybe one less pronation movement in your left hand, but that's common to any bullets out set up.

• RMJack likes this

#15 CarlB

CarlB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

Looks like the Comp-tac belt fed.

https://cpwsa.com/pr...-magazine-pouch

#16 Chili

Chili

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

throw the ghosts away and get daa racers. the mount of the ghosts is so big you can't get them very close together. i have some extra ghosts for just that reason.

I just switched for that reason as well, get 5 DAA Racers in the same belt real estate as 4 Ghost pouches in bullets out setup.

• RMJack likes this

#17 Lowlife

Lowlife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

It's legal or it was the last time I shot a major match(years ago). The beltfed is masterrace, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

#18 RMJack

RMJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for the pointer to the DAA Racers! 

My 18 year old son has been expressing interest in joining me in USPSA, this is a perfect excuse to get another rig (for me w/DAA Racers), and giving him the rig with the ghost pouches, he still has two good shoulders...

Thanks again everyone, this is super helpful.

• ParaLarry and Motosapiens like this

#19 Bigstateshooter

Bigstateshooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:49 PM

Thanks for the pointer to the DAA Racers!

My 18 year old son has been expressing interest in joining me in USPSA, this is a perfect excuse to get another rig (for me w/DAA Racers), and giving him the rig with the ghost pouches, he still has two good shoulders...

Thanks again everyone, this is super helpful.

You can stack the racers as close together as you could possibly handle. Should ease the shoulder up a bit.
  • RMJack likes this

#20 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

You can stack the racers as close together as you could possibly handle. Should ease the shoulder up a bit.

You can with the new Ghost pouches too. I just ordered a new belt setup for when I switch guns; the new Ghost mounts let you get the magazines touching each other if you want... not sure why you would, but you can. You need spacing between them.

Ghosts are still the hotness. 

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users