23 replies to this topic

#21 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:14 PM

Not trolling as this is the range diary section. The dryfire draw times you've listed, have you checked those in live fire?

Said another way:

Are you 1 second flat with a down zero score 30% of the time?
Are you 1.1 seconds flat with a down zero score 50% of the time?

If so, 5% or 10% reduction seems reasonable until you plateau and then gains come much slower.

If I could redo my training again, I'd place a shit load more effort into trigger control and some effort on speed. Your game places a much higher premium on accuracy vs speed.

#22 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:29 PM

If you're making a 1.2 par 85% of the time, then that should be your par.

When that number becomes 100%, then lower the par to 1.1.

So on and so forth.

The object of the par is to set a reference point. Pass/fail. If you are setting a par that is causing you to fail 50% of the time then it is not serving its intended purpose as a reference.

So it should be difficult to make but not impossible. It is a test of execution, not luck.

DO NOT CHEAT IN DRY FIRE. It will bite you in the ass. Call your shots and do not accept lousy sight pictures.
  • Stubb, BHill and ZachJ like this

#23 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:32 AM

DO NOT CHEAT IN DRY FIRE. It will bite you in the ass. Call your shots and do not accept lousy sight pictures.

So much this.  I spent a lot of time the past year unfucking my cheats from dryfire the year prior. It's easier to have sight pictures that are "too good" and adjust than it is to cheat and try to adjust them back to an appropriate level. 

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#24 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

I got a big jump in accuracy recently by shooting small targets in live fire and paying very close attention to my sight picture, grip, and trigger press when connecting on those shots, then replicating those sensations over and over in dry fire.

• Will likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users