73 replies to this topic

#41 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,237 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:43 PM

Jabeezus. So much hand wringing.

Don't like the payment method preferred by a club/match?

Shoot somefuckingwhere else.

If there is a match I want to shoot and they only take goats or pretty rocks, that's what I'm bringing.

-----

And, pissed 'cuz someone wants to pay with actual US currency?!?

Double Jabeezuz.
  • Flexmoney and Stranger Danger like this
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#42 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

"the internets steal your money!". 

Nothing of that sort has ever happened.......

Ask your bank if money stolen from you through digital means is insured by anyone......

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#43 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,034 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

And you better click PCC because those other links are dead.

I hope this is a troll, otherwise my shadows with extra slide, RL 1050 with MBF, 50,000 primers and 65 pounds of powder, 3 belts, 12 mag pouches and other assorted gear will be for sale

Fuck it

#44 Mike Foley

Mike Foley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:16 PM

I hope this is a troll, otherwise my shadows with extra slide, RL 1050 with MBF, 50,000 primers and 65 pounds of powder, 3 belts, 12 mag pouches and other assorted gear.

Fuck it

Yeah, it seemed like a proper response to the photo. It has no real meaning beyond that.
  • eBAG and LeadChucker like this

#45 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

I hope this is a troll

You're on Doodie...

#46 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

I hope this is a troll, otherwise my shadows with extra slide, RL 1050 with MBF, 50,000 primers and 65 pounds of powder, 3 belts, 12 mag pouches and other assorted gear will be for sale

Fuck it

Simmer down, Hot Plate

• GuanoLoco likes this

#47 No-one

No-one

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:05 PM

USPCCSA FTMFW ;) 

#48 BHill

BHill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationSouth East Texas

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

Fuck it

I bid $20.00 but you pay shipping.  Today only before the official announcement. 

• Mistadobalina, TryHarder and Stranger Danger like this

#49 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:06 AM

And you better click PCC because those other links are dead.

Last match was the first time I squadded with PCC guys and got to see it up close. They decimated the entire field which caused me to drop my limited rig in the trash after the match. My JP setup is on order. (Joking on trash)

If a club doesn't use practiscore I'd charge an extra processing fee for them trying to pass extra labor costs to the USPSA.

#50 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:15 AM

You can pay in sheep, or goats, or gold dust.

Because Montana.  

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#51 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

If they don't figure it out, then I simply won't spend my $25 there. I'm not mailing freaking checks, this isn't 1991.

I would have told that guy to fuck right off.  

Fuck those matches, we stopped accepting cash at our monthly 3-gun, cant do it at USPSA because the average age is higher and "the internets steal your money!".   We did get square readers and we take debit at the range but fuck dealing with cash.    Just what I want to do Monday morning, sit in line at the bank so I can deposit 80 dollars for the over 65 club that doesn't want to pay online.    Id rather you shoot for free, but then you would get free match fee and I would still have to hear about how the matches today are all "track races" and "those fault lines are not regulation, I almost tripped on one and threw my back out".

it was a Level 2 Major. Register on Practicscore. Mail a check. then they'll send you the practiscore squad link.

I like the square reader Idea. but if your registering online, might as well just nab the money right then and there online. Then you actually support practiscore. Last I heard something about square they don't like guns, much like paypal and ebay.

#52 Shippj

Shippj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationMonfuckingtana

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:09 PM

I like the square reader Idea. but if your registering online, might as well just nab the money right then and there online. Then you actually support practiscore. Last I heard something about square they don't like guns, much like paypal and ebay.

I agree with you, however we found that people didn't want to pay online for fear of whatever.  The same people had no problem handing us their debit card so we could run it on our phone with the square reader.  Go figure. 

Every large corporation seems to be anti-gun, but people still grab their double chocolate chip pepsi latte's and take a selfie and post it on facebook on the way to the range.  Then after the match retire to buffalo wild wings for their shitty food and an overpriced hippy IPA. 

Honestly our currency is living on borrowed time, sooner or later it will collapse.   Some jack ass stealing my info on the internet is the least of my worries, banks and government have been stealing and devaluing our currency for almost a century.

#53 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:59 PM

People don't want to pay online because they want the ability to bail on a match at the last minute. Now for level 2+ matches, there's no reason not to.

Also not every BWW is posted no guns allowed. 

#54 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

The ones that are don't have weapon dissolving force fields either.

• peterthefish, RockOutGLOCKOut and Not Will like this

#55 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

it was a Level 2 Major. Register on Practicscore. Mail a check. then they'll send you the practiscore squad link.

When accepting paypal or stripe payments for matches you will receive a 1099 for the "income" that you have received and have to make sure you file it when you do your taxes.

#56 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:20 PM

When accepting paypal or stripe payments for matches you will receive a 1099 for the "income" that you have received and have to make sure you file it when you do your taxes.

Taxation is theft.  

• Sweet T likes this

#57 bailey

bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:49 AM

It has been almost 18 months, why does it take so long to get a new website up and running?

Why did you wait until late last year to start replacing it?

I agree USPSA has been neglected, and needs to be fixed, but a website isn't that hard.

USPSA is more interested in allowing rifles to shoot in pistol matches and making up rules as you go along than doing what needs to be done.

I think getting a website done is easy and following the bylaws and rule book is easier.

No shortage of screwed up opinions in this organization. The "Nothing is impossible for someone who doesn't have to do it" is applicable here.

It would be nice if paying your $25 or $40 did not include the option of bitching. Bitching should be a $1000 membership.

#58 foofighter

foofighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

Wow... Just wow. You did all of that for free, imagine if they paid you

Then he'd probably be doing something else at work, like when his current job paid him to do this analysis.

• GuanoLoco, peterthefish and montana_mechanic like this

#59 TeamMassengillTactical

TeamMassengillTactical

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:55 PM

The web site has been delayed several years because the crew we paid to do it was busy building the affordable care act site. Now that they've polished that up we are mere weeks away from our glorious new site, which will be delivered ahead of schedule and under budget.

#60 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

The web site has been delayed several years because the crew we paid to do it was busy building the affordable care act site. Now that they've polished that up we are mere weeks away from our glorious new site, which will be delivered ahead of schedule and under budget.

same people doing ATF eForms?

• ToddKS likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users