68 replies to this topic

#61 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

I agree with you, however we found that people didn't want to pay online for fear of whatever.  The same people had no problem handing us their debit card so we could run it on our phone with the square reader.  Go figure. 

Every large corporation seems to be anti-gun, but people still grab their double chocolate chip pepsi latte's and take a selfie and post it on facebook on the way to the range.  Then after the match retire to buffalo wild wings for their shitty food and an overpriced hippy IPA. 

Honestly our currency is living on borrowed time, sooner or later it will collapse.   Some jack ass stealing my info on the internet is the least of my worries, banks and government have been stealing and devaluing our currency for almost a century.

I get technology isn't for everyone, but keep up with the times grandpa. 

the club I just shot Sunday has a policy that if you sign up on PS and then dont show, they wont let you shoot again until you pay for the day you no-showed.

#62 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:21 PM

The web site has been delayed several years because the crew we paid to do it was busy building the affordable care act site. Now that they've polished that up we are mere weeks away from our glorious new site, which will be delivered ahead of schedule and under budget.

And the new website is at
www.uspsa.gov
  • Mistadobalina likes this

#63 Roons

Roons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

Two months have passed. Nothing new to the "just around the corner". 

Firing up my rant as I just had the frustration of a co-worker who wanted to try out the sport. She asked "so how do i find info about local matches. is it a club name or something". Even she found the uspsa.org website with the comment "its really confusing".

The thing that pissed me off the most? I had NO WHERE to send her I felt could give her up-to-date info on our sport (ie. where to easily find local matches; where to see non-1995 videos). I end up just giving her Facebook links, Practiscore info, and apologize for my sport's out of date website. From my rant: "Getting Started – this page should be a WEALTH of information. Videos, guides, and simple and easy steps to get started in USPSA. Right now it’s a wall of text, out of date (See Sources section), and doesn’t help anyone. This is tenet #4 – and this page should a shining example of how to get people started with where to go and when, what to bring, what they should be focused on, how to improve, and what they will get out of the sport."

As with any launch I manage, everything is meaningless without a timeline for deliverables.  From the July 19th post " we are in final testing and bug fixes now." 

Is there ANY timeline available for when the website will be updated?

• Will and GooldMember like this

"You can give it the old spin."

#64 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:23 PM

When it's done, bro.

HQ is closed for the next 6 weeks for Nats setup, Nats pre-match, Nats match, Nats cleanup and Nats beer-up, so call in November, should be ready for early 2018. These things don't happen overnight.

• vluc likes this

#65 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:04 PM

Check back next month.

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#66 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

Two months have passed. Nothing new to the "just around the corner". 

Firing up my rant as I just had the frustration of a co-worker who wanted to try out the sport. She asked "so how do i find info about local matches. is it a club name or something". Even she found the uspsa.org website with the comment "its really confusing".

The thing that pissed me off the most? I had NO WHERE to send her I felt could give her up-to-date info on our sport (ie. where to easily find local matches; where to see non-1995 videos). I end up just giving her Facebook links, Practiscore info, and apologize for my sport's out of date website. From my rant: "Getting Started – this page should be a WEALTH of information. Videos, guides, and simple and easy steps to get started in USPSA. Right now it’s a wall of text, out of date (See Sources section), and doesn’t help anyone. This is tenet #4 – and this page should a shining example of how to get people started with where to go and when, what to bring, what they should be focused on, how to improve, and what they will get out of the sport."

As with any launch I manage, everything is meaningless without a timeline for deliverables.  From the July 19th post " we are in final testing and bug fixes now." 

Well said... This rebuild is moving slower than a government project. Hopefully there is a refund due to HQ due to poor performance...

#67 Cranky Gunsmith

Cranky Gunsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

Did anyone attend the annual membership meeting at nationals last night? Did they cover this? I stayed at the rental house and drank Johnny Walker, it seemed a better use of my time.

#68 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

When it's done, bro.
HQ is closed for the next 6 weeks for Nats setup, Nats pre-match, Nats match, Nats cleanup and Nats beer-up, so call in November, should be ready for early 2018. These things don't happen overnight.

They will be back at HQ just in time to leave for Halloween. Returning back just in time to take off for Thanksgiving. Then of course right after they get back is Christmas vacation.
  • Will, MilkMyDuds and Stranger Danger like this

#69 RadarTech

RadarTech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

Did anyone attend the annual membership meeting at nationals last night? Did they cover this? I stayed at the rental house and drank Johnny Walker, it seemed a better use of my time.

It was said to be soon... rough timelines were given. But I forget.
Minutes will be published.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users