39 replies to this topic

#21 Unibrain

Unibrain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

Nice shooting, especially with an unexpected gun!

His first shot of the match was weak hand with a gun he’d never fired. The food court has a couple of new sheriffs.
  • Stubb, Mr_White, zapedKag and 1 other like this

#22 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

No, no, no.  Open is sheriff of the mos eisley cantina.

• Stubb, Mr_White, GooldMember and 1 other like this

#23 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:49 AM

Man that is a bad ass draw from concealment!

He should really teach that shit.
  • Mr_White likes this
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#24 Rich_Jenkins

Rich_Jenkins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationClearwater FL

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

I was fortunate enough to be squadded with Gabe for the match. It was pretty cool watching him shoot. It's like, where's the gun? And then BOOM BOOM! there are two Alphas. I travel a good bit, and happened to be in OR at the right time. It was my third USPSA match, and I really enjoyed myself. Being my first 'Major' match, I was a bit intimidated, but literally everyone I ran into was helpful and friendly. The match was very well organized, I thought. As compared to the two local matches I've shot, all the competitors were helping tape and reset, and everyone's gun pretty much ran 100%. I was kind of amazed watching the timings how fast folks shot, but it didn't look fast. Just smooth, real smooth. My goals at this point are to earn no trips to Dairy Queen, and put holes only in the things that need holes. I much appreciate my squad for putting up with me taking 2x to shoot a stage. I'm definitely going to try and shoot the match next year, and do better. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Mr_White, Roons and NickBlasta like this
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.”
- J.C. Watts Jr.

#25 Roons

Roons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:14 PM

It was great shooting with you as well Rich! I hope to see you again at next years match.  :)

• Rich_Jenkins likes this

"You can give it the old spin."

#26 NickBlasta

NickBlasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:36 PM

Doing better every year is a worthy goal.

• Unibrain, Rich_Jenkins, ralloway and 1 other like this

#27 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:23 PM

The match was very well organized, I thought. As compared to the two local matches I've shot, all the competitors were helping tape and reset, and everyone's gun pretty much ran 100%. I was kind of amazed watching the timings how fast folks shot, but it didn't look fast. Just smooth, real smooth. 

My experience in oregon is there are many great stages, many great shooters and even more great people. Doesn't hurt that it's in the middle of a world-class wine region, as far as mrs moto is concerned.

• NickBlasta and Rich_Jenkins like this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#28 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

Pew pew pew 

I need to learn to reload like that. No, not going dry and dropping the hammer on an empty chamber. Holding the gun up at eye level. That's some good shit.

• GooldMember likes this

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#29 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

I need to learn to reload like that. No, not going dry and dropping the hammer on an empty chamber. Holding the gun up at eye level. That's some good shit.

But the going dry and looking like an idiot is the key to winning. Your opponents quickly write you off as a total fuckwit and don't play to their full potential.

• SlivGod and racetaco like this

#30 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

But the going dry and looking like an idiot is the key to winning. Your opponents quickly write you off as a total fuckwit and don't play to their full potential.

No. That's because of the "yellow shirt fallacy."

Lack of a NASCAR Bitch Jersey is the reason Stoeger won that first Nationals. They fear the jersey and thus, the man in the T-shirt can approach from behind and slit some unsuspecting throats. Thank you for not running around in 55 "pieces of flair" like the B class chumps.

Oh, how many PCCers beat you? I keep hearing about how a C class guy can pick up a chickrifle and stomp all the Open GMs on Enos. ;)
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#31 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:11 AM

No. That's because of the "yellow shirt fallacy."

Lack of a NASCAR Bitch Jersey is the reason Stoeger won that first Nationals. They fear the jersey and thus, the man in the T-shirt can approach from behind and slit some unsuspecting throats. Thank you for not running around in 55 "pieces of flair" like the B class chumps.

Oh, how many PCCers beat you? I keep hearing about how a C class guy can pick up a chickrifle and stomp all the Open GMs on Enos. ;)

EGA hat and shirt are all I need. I have been thinking about getting a jersey made just so it would be a bit longer when I tuck it in though. 

And lucky for me PCC is not allowed at that range, so I escaped their C class wrath... this time. 

#32 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

EGA hat and shirt are all I need. I have been thinking about getting a jersey made just so it would be a bit longer when I tuck it in though. 

And lucky for me PCC is not allowed at that range, so I escaped their C class wrath... this time. 

How narrow minded.  USPSA creates a space for people who have trouble with draws and reloads and who may be sensitive to handgun recoil, and the range won't allow it?

A lot is in course design.  For example, at a match this weekend, there was a stage with a manually operated port downrange.  It was deemed a pretty advanced maneuver for some rifle shooters so they just made it so the port was held open by a pin for PCC shooters, which allowed them to shoot through the port without going downrange, avoid opening and holding the port cover, and avoid shooting strong hand only.  These kind of adjustments really help the idea of participation hoots and it's terrible to hear of a range that won't allow this exciting beginner division.

• SlivGod, Motosapiens and GooldMember like this

On injured reserve.

#33 theManwithNoName

theManwithNoName

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:37 PM

How did a shooter in Oregon become affiliated with Everglades Ammo in southern Florida?

I tried some of their 124gr RN v2 JHP bullets on your recommendation in a BE post several months ago...  They are great bullets...  at least they feed and shoot well from my 9mm Open gun...  Just bought another case of them earlier this morning.

#34 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

How narrow minded.  USPSA creates a space for people who have trouble with draws and reloads and who may be sensitive to handgun recoil, and the range won't allow it?

A lot is in course design.  For example, at a match this weekend, there was a stage with a manually operated port downrange.  It was deemed a pretty advanced maneuver for some rifle shooters so they just made it so the port was held open by a pin for PCC shooters, which allowed them to shoot through the port without going downrange, avoid opening and holding the port cover, and avoid shooting strong hand only.  These kind of adjustments really help the idea of participation hoots and it's terrible to hear of a range that won't allow this exciting beginner division.

We certainly would not want to stifle the participation of newbs, however the MD did his very best (wink wink nudge nudge not really) to get the board on board for allowing it just this one time. They wouldn't relent. Pistol bays are only for pistols, even if an open gun has more energy. 

On a more serious note, I had quite a lovely time about a month ago when I was joking with some dudes about shooting their not-a-rifles at the match. They insinuated it wouldn't be so funny once they beat me. I proceeded to win the overall by something to the tune of 35%, and to add insult to injury they both were also beaten by a production shooter (2nd overall). Yikes. 

How did a shooter in Oregon become affiliated with Everglades Ammo in southern Florida?

I tried some of their 124gr RN v2 JHP bullets on your recommendation in a BE post several months ago...  They are great bullets...  at least they feed and shoot well from my 9mm Open gun...  Just bought another case of them earlier this morning.

First off, I'm glad you gave them a shot and like them. I honestly believe they are the best thing going in bullets right now. 

As to answer your other question:

1. because I'm a baller
  2. because I was shooting their bullets, using their scope mounts and recommending their products to everyone I knew before they ever sponsored me, because they are awesome
  3. because they like my attitude and that I am a class act online and in person (and super humble to boot).... except maybe on Doodie. But that just goes with the territory.
  4. and lastly, but probably more importantly, because I didn't pursue them and be obnoxious about sponsorship 

• Roons and peterthefish like this

#35 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:46 PM

Just placed an order for some RN 124 JHP. Between FTFs with PD 124s and some high primers as part of the 1050 learning curve I'm in open hell lately - maybe this will help.

#36 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

Just placed an order for some RN 124 JHP. Between FTFs with PD 124s and some high primers as part of the 1050 learning curve I'm in open hell lately - maybe this will help.

The JHP v2s are the absolute jam. I shoot the 115s, my buddy shoots the 115s, Steve and Dave (the owners) shoot the 124s, my other friend shoots the 124s.. All are awesome. 

#37 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:21 AM

13083323_10207935727942439_6526532830665

• eahill85, Trigger Warning, ralloway and 1 other like this

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#38 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

13083323_10207935727942439_6526532830665

Now that is a good meme

#39 theManwithNoName

theManwithNoName

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

First off, I'm glad you gave them a shot and like them. I honestly believe they are the best thing going in bullets right now. 

As to answer your other question:

1. because I'm a baller
  2. because I was shooting their bullets, using their scope mounts and recommending their products to everyone I knew before they ever sponsored me, because they are awesome
  3. because they like my attitude and that I am a class act online and in person (and super humble to boot).... except maybe on Doodie. But that just goes with the territory.
  4. and lastly, but probably more importantly, because I didn't pursue them and be obnoxious about sponsorship 

I wasn't questioning your credentials, or why Everglades selected you for sponsorship...  I thought it was interesting that you (a shooter in Oregon) were sponsored by a company in south Florida over 3,000 miles away...  Hard to get much farther away in the continental United States...

You are indeed a good representative for Everglades...  and your videos are very interesting/helpful...

Everglades does make a diverse number of quality shooting/reloading/gunsmithing products...  Don't know if you use a Dillon 1050, but Everglades Primer Hold Down die is a great tool...  Improved primer depth consistency in mine...  and under $20...  Hard to beat!

#40 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:55 PM

I wasn't questioning your credentials, or why Everglades selected you for sponsorship...  I thought it was interesting that you (a shooter in Oregon) were sponsored by a company in south Florida over 3,000 miles away...  Hard to get much farther away in the continental United States...

You are indeed a good representative for Everglades...  and your videos are very interesting/helpful...

Everglades does make a diverse number of quality shooting/reloading/gunsmithing products...  Don't know if you use a Dillon 1050, but Everglades Primer Hold Down die is a great tool...  Improved primer depth consistency in mine...  and under $20...  Hard to beat!

Haha yea I know, I was just joking around with my other post. On a more serious note, they intentionally chose someone that was geographically very far from them so I can grow the brand up in the PNW/West where they don't have much exposure. Up here they were essentially an unknown, so they wanted a rep to get people talking about them. 

I don't yet have a 1050 because I am a plebeian, but someday I will have one with a Mk7 bolted to it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users