559 replies to this topic

#21 redrider

redrider

lolcow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

Production is second only to LImited in numbers and participation per the end of year stats from minutes on the uspsa "website". So a lot of people are shooting it and enjoy it.

I shoot Production so I don't think it's dumb. I doubt more than 8 people will turn their Shadow 2 into an Accu Shadow 2. Just pound in the 10x bushing from CGW and call it a day.

And I don't think "Production" has ever been since its inception. Every division in USPSA is a "race" division in its own way.

• Motosapiens and Part Of Me like this

#22 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:51 AM

If accushadow and shadow are both legal why accushadow2 shouldn't be?

When CZC started shipping the AccuShadow, USPSA considered it a different pistol and required CZC to produce 2k of them before putting it on the Production list.

Funny thing is, all this mental masturbation isn't gong to help the 99% of the people seeking them.  So what's the harm in letting gear queers be queer?

Would be worth it to see the looks on the faces of wannabe operators with Salient Arms Glocks after getting their shit pushed in by dudes shooting beater guns.

• not that bryan, Buck Turgidson and redrider like this

#23 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:00 AM

Everyone start flailing, USPSA is dying. I only see 50+ people a match, it's terrible.

• Evelle Snoats likes this

#24 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:01 AM

Participation is the only metric!

Bread and circuses!

• BenB likes this

On injured reserve.

#25 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:40 AM

23c.gif

• Ben, SlivGod, Buck Turgidson and 2 others like this

#26 Cranky Gunsmith

Cranky Gunsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:32 AM

Everyone start flailing, USPSA is dying. I only see 50+ people a match, it's terrible.

Shit, we regularly get half again that much. I've shot a local match with over 100 shooters spread over just 4 berms.

#27 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:01 AM

Production is a joke and so is USPSA.

How is match attendance and membership numbers these days?

It's been yuuuuuuuuge! where we are. 

• Part Of Me likes this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#28 Pitchfork_Emporium

Pitchfork_Emporium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

I propose we lynch the following individuals*:

• redrider for asking the question without mentioning that the accu bushing requires machining the slide in violation of App D4 21.2b
  • Troy for issuing another "clarification" in direct contradiction with the rules
  • Mike Foley for not exercising his executive powers to reign in the DNROI 

If you need any lynching supplies come on down to Pitchfork Emporium, we have all the top brands of torches, nooses, and of course pitchforks. 

For this particular application, I'd recommend the Miller Manufacturing Durafork. The Durafork's specially designed tines are uniquely angled to provide easy manure pickup with less spilling. You'll need all the manure capability you can get to wade through the bullshit on your way to lynching DNROI.

durafork.jpg?itok=cUuCeaXh

*The lynching line-up is subject to change without notice. All ticket sales are final. No re-entry will be permitted. Tickets must be picked up at box office.

• not that bryan, ToddKS, peterthefish and 1 other like this

#29 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

As I understand it internal OEM parts between approved pistols from the same manufacturer is fine. Sure CZ and CZ custom are different but we selectively follow rules. It's all very often retarded, but fine.

Why people can't just buy a gun and fucking shoot it is beyond me.

The previous ruling on this stated that you could not add the bushing onto a non Accu shadow due to the machining of the slide that was required. That was what prevented it from being production legal since it violated App D4 21.2b, not the bushing itself.
  • Peally and GooldMember like this

#30 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

More of the same stuff with DNROI ignoring the rulebook.

App D4 21.2b prohibits milling of slides other than to install sights.

This is why some of us were so upset about the hammer decision. DNROI, Pres, and BOD, blatantly ignoring the rulebook.

What's next? Since they are ok with ignoring the rule book and rule change process set forth in the bylaws there is no way to know what they want to change next. If you don't care about production just wait until they decide to mess with your favorite division.

#31 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

The previous ruling on this stated that you could not add the bushing onto a non Accu shadow due to the machining of the slide that was required. That was what prevented it from being production legal since it violated App D4 21.2b, not the bushing itself.

If machining is required it's a load of horse shit to even ask about it. Where are these dumbass shooter questions to DNROI all coming from?

#32 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:12 AM

This is why some three of us were so upset about the hammer decision. 

fixed.

• racetaco likes this

#33 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

"Large increases in cost with questionable increases in performance can be tolerated only in race horses, fancy women, and USPSA Production blasters."

---Lord Kelvin

• Buck Turgidson likes this

#34 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

If machining is required it's a load of horse shit to even ask about it. Where are these dumbass shooter questions to DNROI all coming from?

​Why the fuck not ask? They say yes to everything.

​I am gonna see if I can fill my mags up at Nationals because this 10 round shit is unenforceable by requiring ROs to count every shot.

• SlivGod, not that bryan, GuruOfGuns and 8 others like this

#35 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:32 AM

That's the big difference between the Cajun gun works bushing and the Accubushings. The Cajun one is a drop in replacement for the factory one, the Accubushing requires the slide to be machined out and threaded to install the bushing.

I'm considering installing one of the Cajun bushings in my main practice gun since it has begun shooting low after 60,000 rounds.

#36 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

I'm considering installing one of the Cajun bushings in my main practice gun 

welcome to open.  :lol:

#37 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:56 AM

welcome to open. :lol:

I'd have to have 2 other guns go down before I got to that gun in a match so it's pretty unlikely. Plus DNROI has already given the Cajun bushings the go ahead for production when it first came out.
  • Motosapiens likes this

#38 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:05 AM

I'd have to have 2 other guns go down before I got to that gun in a match so it's pretty unlikely. Plus DNROI has already given the Cajun bushings the go ahead for production when it first came out.

The cajun bushings are fine for other people. It would just make me lol out loud if *you* got busted for it.... Kinda like you would laugh if I finally got popper-fucked.  ;)

• GuanoLoco and Trigger Warning like this

#39 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

1t430d.jpg

If someone photoshops Troy's face on Oprah's, you'll win the internet

• Ben, SlivGod, Stubb and 6 others like this

#40 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

The cajun bushings are fine for other people. It would just make me lol out loud if *you* got busted for it.... Kinda like you would laugh if I finally got popper-fucked. ;)

Yep. I used to think I could avoid equipment issues by keeping up with the rule book.

Now, that doesn't work so well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users