3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

Bring. Back. Amidon!

Fuck him!

Let's make it like F1. Rules should be so goddamned vague the engineers (gun makers) can build whatever the fuck they want and shoot them until some puke whines and goes to the NROI. The NROI decision is final, and then the gun makers change all their shit. Works in F1.
  • Mistadobalina likes this

#63 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:47 PM

< Open shooter just sits over here and chuckles >

Open is dumb.  And Gay.  And noisy.  And dumb.  And stuff, mmmmm yea.

• Motosapiens likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#64 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

Thanks, MM.  

All: Looks like this was hashed out a long time ago, but never made it into the rules or "official, published NROI clarifications", at least not that I can find (maybe it is an old Front Sight or something).  

Relevant APPENDIX D4 — Production Division rules:

PER THE RULES this modification is unclear at best and illegal at worst.  

But, we have this unofficial and unpublished DNROI email clarifying the matter.  If you have a link to a published statement, please pass it along.

I wasn't familiar with the "Sevigny Speedway".  It looks like most original web links, etc. are gone but I found this link from 12/2011 and a copy of an old post from our very own perennial favorite and USPSA Rules SME: Caleb at GunNuts.  

http://gunnuts.net/2...vigny-speedway/  (note: Dead link and I can't find the article on the current web site)

It's no fun picking on Caleb when we don't get the enjoyment of his witty responses. That speed way sent him right to GM.

#65 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

Open is dumb. And Gay. And noisy. And dumb. And stuff, mmmmm yea.

You're just jealous because your EAA has no flair and requires work. Yes open is loud but it's damn fun. No substance but fun. Suck it up you 10 round fairy!

#66 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

< Open shooter just sits over here and chuckles >

The wannabe gunsmiths can all go to open, they can compete against the other modified guns they apparently love ;)

#67 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:03 PM

Remember those "Hello I'm a Mac" commercials with that actor that never did anything good, that went on an on about Mac just working?  Production shooters hating on open remind me of that.

#68 Tanfastic

Tanfastic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationArea 3

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

You suck far less than everyone else on this forum. I want to bring you a homebrew if you are shooting A3 next week and have a web-crush on you.

I'm literally scared right now, I think I'll have to withdraw from Area 3 and go shoot a GSSF match instead.

• Motosapiens likes this

#69 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:39 PM

Remember those "Hello I'm a Mac" commercials with that actor that never did anything good, that went on an on about Mac just working?  Production shooters hating on open remind me of that.

I don't hate Open, I'm damn glad it's in USPSA. I just think competition specific guns are lame as shit :D

• aceinyerface likes this

#70 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:47 PM

You suck far less than everyone else on this forum. I want to bring you a homebrew if you are shooting A3 next week and have a web-crush on you.

I'm literally scared right now, I think I'll have to withdraw from Area 3 and go shoot a GSSF match instead.

A homebrew-fueled GM-level leg humping is headed your way.  Just like Mrs. Moto, you should be afraid, very afraid.

• Motosapiens likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#71 Glkman66

Glkman66

dumbass

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationAnywhere a falling P320 is not

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

1t430d.jpg

If someone photoshops Troy's face on Oprah's, you'll win the internet

Man Oprah Mcmanus would be an incredible DNROI

#72 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

More seriously, where are all these ruling and clarifications posted, and what level of authority comes with an informal (e.g. e-mail) DNROI clarification / ruling / executive order?

For this particular example, what's the chance of the BOD or some future DNROI 'walking back' some informal / unpublished DNROI ruling, resulting in an expensive, competition-illegal frame modification?

Yes, I know people have been quietly carving on the insides of metal and plastic magwells since Production came to be, but I've never heard of anyone getting busted to Open for it.

Yes, I realize that the Beard/BOD/DNROI probably don't want to be lynched, tarred and feathered, rode out on a rail, or torch & pitchforked by adventurous people who did so.

But the rules are the rules. Or are they???

Nothing sexxxier that a wallered out out hole on a gun you cannot use in your division of choice (Production).

Posted Image

Just a quick reminder that you can apparently do this and be production legal, but you cannot paint a candy cane pattern inside your magwell as a visual aid.

Read that twice.

• not that bryan likes this

#73 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

I don't hate Open, I'm damn glad it's in USPSA. I just think competition specific guns are lame as shit :D

An enigma wrapped in a riddle. Nice.

#74 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

Just a quick reminder that you can apparently do this and be production legal, but you cannot paint a candy cane pattern inside your magwell as a visual aid.

Read that twice.

​Did you ask troy if you can paint a candy cane inside your magwell or did you ask the rulebook?

• BenB likes this

#75 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

Man Oprah Mcmanus would be an incredible DNROI

That's the joke, dumbass.

We've got her already.

#76 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

​Did you ask troy if you can paint a candy cane inside your magwell or did you ask the rulebook?

Perhaps ironically, the visual reloading aid is addressed officially in the NROI ruling addendum.

Truly bizarro world.

Posted Image

#77 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:36 PM

A homebrew-fueled GM-level leg humping is headed your way.  Just like Mrs. Moto, you should be afraid, very afraid.

I l'd, but not ol.  And I'm not even sure I'm capable of M-level leg-humping. I prolly just got lucky on a series of classifiers. I shot nuthin' but c-class last weekend.

But seriously, I already got permission to hump TSO's leg next week and get some vid to compare to mine to help find things to improve on.

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#78 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

Perhaps ironically, the visual reloading aid is addressed officially in the NROI ruling addendum.

Truly bizarro world.

69335ba5a194c071bb31e9b80129c7df.jpg

Since DNROI doesn't mind contradicting the rule book, he probably doesn't mind contradicting a previous ruling that was made by Amidon.

#79 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:00 PM

I think what we need is a rule an interpretation that prohibits production shooters from even looking at the magwell (pretty obviously a visual reloading aid) during the COF. Since RO's no longer have to keep track of hammer appearance, they can watch the competitor's eyes more closely and call a procedural if a visual reloading aid is used. For ease of enforcement, it probably also makes sense to abandon the 10-round limit, since most RO's are old impotent fucks and can't possibly count to 10 and also carefully watch a competitor's eyes.

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#80 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:34 AM

You guys need a new division "real production division" for those that think the minor limited-10 standard-ish division is dumb. USPSA prod would be 90% less retarded without the 10 round limit though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users