• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

Ok I think I have finally snapped.

W
T
F

is with all the 'GUNFIGHTERS' and 'WARFIGHTERS' these days.  Was 'Veteran' not cool enough for you Timmies?  But to  me it just sounds like more tacticool trash.  Every stupid website, every company "Gear for the modern GUNFIGHTER"  

I don't know why it pisses me off, but it does.  You went, you served, settle the fuck down.  It seems to me in my day (GET OFF MY LAWN) the 'vet' crowd didn't need no stinking label cause it was self evident.  There were no WWII/Korea/Vietnam 'warfighters'.  Even Gulf War one--dudes went. whooped ass, came home and got on with life.

I almost want to chuck all my gear from 'gunfighter' companies, but then I'l probably be shooting a bow and arrow and that would just be uncivilized.

/end rant

also I will not grow a beard simply for the fact that its associated with 'Timmy'/Tough Guy crap.  

Also the stupid skulls on everything need to go.  Put a damn unicorn on it BUT ENOUGH WITH THE PUNISHER SKULLS.

I sure as hell didnt have one of those on my speedo while swimming although it would have made things interesting.

As God as my witness I will win a major match with a pink pistol that says PEACE/LOVE/DOPE! just to spite this trend. (or Hookers & Blow from Predator Tactical).

Or perhaps a Dynamic Pie Patch.  

Now I need to go find my meds.

• wchangose, lpc, McFuckPants and 2 others like this

It's not about winning, it's about emasculating your friends in front of their loved ones

#2 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:48 PM

The vast majority of people buying junk with GUN/WAR/SPACE FIGHTER stamped on it haven't even served. It's the new sheepdog.

• Buck Turgidson likes this

#3 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:02 PM

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit.

These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The A-Team.
  • Can, racetaco, Stranger Danger and 1 other like this

On injured reserve.

#4 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

It's just a title for those that don't have the really one that matters.....Grand Master.

• Yard Sale, Buck Turgidson and racetaco like this
I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#5 Doughnut

Doughnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

Tuckleberry from Police Academy is awesome

#6 Roland THG

Roland THG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:07 PM

Ok I think I have finally snapped.

W
T
F

is with all the 'GUNFIGHTERS' and 'WARFIGHTERS' these days.  Was 'Veteran' not cool enough for you Timmies?  But to  me it just sounds like more tacticool trash.  Every stupid website, every company "Gear for the modern GUNFIGHTER"  

I don't know why it pisses me off, but it does.  You went, you served, settle the fuck down.  It seems to me in my day (GET OFF MY LAWN) the 'vet' crowd didn't need no stinking label cause it was self evident.  There were no WWII/Korea/Vietnam 'warfighters'.  Even Gulf War one--dudes went. whooped ass, came home and got on with life.

I almost want to chuck all my gear from 'gunfighter' companies, but then I'l probably be shooting a bow and arrow and that would just be uncivilized.

/end rant

also I will not grow a beard simply for the fact that its associated with 'Timmy'/Tough Guy crap.  

Also the stupid skulls on everything need to go.  Put a damn unicorn on it BUT ENOUGH WITH THE PUNISHER SKULLS.

I sure as hell didnt have one of those on my speedo while swimming although it would have made things interesting.

As God as my witness I will win a major match with a pink pistol that says PEACE/LOVE/DOPE! just to spite this trend. (or Hookers & Blow from Predator Tactical).

Or perhaps a Dynamic Pie Patch.  

Now I need to go find my meds.

Word

enjoy every sandwich

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVIO

#7 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:55 AM

I too don't get this warfighter bullshit.

Does the term veteran now only means "I went to the sandbox after 9/11"?  BTW, I fucking hate the term "sandbox".

What about those who were in during the cold war, gulf war 1, and its aftermath?  Are we vets too?

If you didn't see combat, are you still a vet?

The Navy is very confusing.  Are you a remf if you were a cook on a fwd-deployed combatant ship?

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#8 Stelio Kontos

Stelio Kontos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationMERICA

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:31 AM

Because marketing, bravado, and psychology.
<p>Top C Class Shooter on Doodie

#9 Beef

Beef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:34 AM

Modern gunfighter = someone too old and/or unfit for military service that slays paper at 3yds with a carbine and talks trash about people shooting pistols at 25+yds.

I hate that every dope in a "warbelt" at the range sports a beard these days, makes being lazy look like I'm trying to be something. 

I did find it amusing when there was a circle jerk over a minimalist "warbelt" that velcroed onto a inner, oh hey some tactical company slapped molle on a gamer belt and suddenly it's a revolutionary design, in the mean time my gamer set-up will get me killed?

My personal favorite punisher skull is the TBL edition, nothing like pride in being a JBT.

#10 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:06 AM

The Navy is very confusing. 

Didn't Trump just clear that up?

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#11 Glkman66

Glkman66

dumbass

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationAnywhere a falling P320 is not

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

Posted Image

This is what all warfighters strive to resemble... This is what peak warfighter performance looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

I hate that every dope in a "warbelt" at the range sports a beard these days

Cool beard

hemingway.jpg

Douche beard

c1c3e02a882e77687e11fdb5cc375678.jpg

Be cool, don't be a douche

• slemmo, peterthefish, Beef and 1 other like this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#13 Area H8

Area H8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSitting down.

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:27 PM

Different times and different folks.

I recall men who had been "in the service" but didn't refer to themselves as veterans because they didn't go to war.
Foley stole my B zone.

#14 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

Different times and different folks.

I recall men who had been "in the service" but didn't refer to themselves as veterans because they didn't go to war.

Things are a little more nebulous today what with undeclared wars and "expeditionary forces".  But since I rate VA care (even though I'll never use it), plus I have some expeditionary medals from my service, I call myself one.

#15 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

Things are a little more nebulous today what with undeclared wars and "expeditionary forces".  But since I rate VA care (even though I'll never use it), plus I have some expeditionary medals from my service, I call myself one.

yep, undeclared used to be known as a police action.  and when i served there was this thing called the draft.  otherwise, no one needs to know.

#16 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:18 PM

Beards are like tattoos. Everyone has one because it's cool, and less than 10% of people with them actually pull them off nicely.

#17 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:19 PM

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit.
These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The A-Team.

Best show ever...

• DeltaMike likes this

#18 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

The vast majority of people buying junk with GUN/WAR/SPACE FIGHTER stamped on it haven't even served. It's the new sheepdog.

I have a CVC bag with all my unit patches on it, back in the day that's what Cavalry Soldiers did, for a CVC bag and had your unitnpatches sew on....
I keep the bag in my closet, the last three unit we lost men and it remindes me of them....FUCK ALL THE WANNABES
  • SneakyPayload likes this

#19 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

I've had a beard since getting out of the military which was long before all the tactards and skinny jean ass clowns started. I hope the trend dies out soon.

#20 Roland THG

Roland THG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

The trend goes hand-in-hand with the tacticool t-shirts from 9-Line, Grunt Style, ASMDSS, Ranger-up, and Art-15, among others. Most people wearing this stuff have never served. There are a lot of Walter Mitties out there.

My experience is that the closer someone has served to the tip of the spear, the less they talk about it. And then only to other people who have served.

• StrongHandOnly likes this

enjoy every sandwich

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVIO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users