156 replies to this topic

#141 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:36 AM

Dude. I'm here at the Aussie table. Blue jumper.
  • zapedKag and el.kuglov1953 like this

#142 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:44 PM

I'm looking for Le Norwegian ginger. Where are you guys sitting?

#143 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:53 PM

we have sent a replacement, adoo had some airplane issues and had to leave early. where are you now? pm me your name or whatever and I'll try to coordinate stuff.

#144 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:54 PM

ask for norwegian kenny at the northern ireland table

#145 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

I found your buddies and delivered a shirt for you. :)

Getting pretty loose here. :)
  • slemmo likes this

#146 adoo

adoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:20 PM

Sweet, so I got your shirt here, will figure out howto get it over :P 

#147 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:07 AM

Here is your preview: wqqzib.jpg

:lol:

• MEISTERB likes this

#148 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:51 PM

Sweet, so I got your shirt here, will figure out howto get it over :P

Awesome. :)

#149 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:08 AM

My thoughts.

Great match.

Logistics could be improved a bit. Particulty supply of cold (not warm) drinks during the 100 degree days.

Some other minor ball aches but it is a massive match.

Matt1 got an epic popper fucking on the last day. Stage 3 or 4 off the top of my head.

He was shooting 40 cal match ammo (about 180pf) and hit a full size popper about 1 inch below the calibration zone and on the right side.

He either called the shot or heard the ding cause he motored on to shoot the rest of the stage only to get to the last position and find no swinger...

He went back to re-engage the popper. I was hoping he'd call for cal and get a proper popper fucking but I'm guessing he thought a potential FTE and 3 mikes may have harmed his stage % negatively.

I got a little bit screwed on a double call that was on a 30 round stage where i shot 25 A's and 4 c's.

This target was shot at about 5 meters and was the second target I shot at the last position (so I was well posted up). I was shooting pretty conservative and not just wailing on targets. There was one hole in the a zone, dead in line and about a half inch to the right of the letter A. Call was A/M. I asked it to be gauged and the ro stated yes he could see the hole was larger than the 9mm gauge but still called A/M. CRO came over, initially lost the target when it blew off the table and 15 meters down the footpath, retrieved it from the competitor that chased it down, then spent 20min deliberating and still called A/M. He agreed hole was oval and that it extended beyond the gauge but stated that was because I was tall. Umm it was 5 meters away and about 1.2 meters off the ground, not at my feet.

I gave up at that point. Watched the vid later and with the backstop only about half a meter behind the target it looks fairly certain both shots are in the target. I could see if one was an edge hit the other might have missed but not when they were hitting middle. That kind of ruined an otherwise reasonable run. But you win some you lose some. Plus I can happily shoot mikes on my own without assistance.

Im fairly pleased with how I finished but want to do a lot better next go around.

It was my first ws and first match longer than 3 days. I learned a lot.

It was great to see the US shooters do well. Your guys took back plenty of medals. Congratulations.

There were quite a few no shows at the shoot offs which I thought was pretty rough.

A few hundred people sat out in the baking sun hoping to see the top shooters go head to head only to find about 4-5 out of each top 8 turn up.

I thought maybe they'd left for home already but I saw plenty of the no shows at the dinner later that same day.

Max Michel was a notable absence at a sig sponsored shoot off. I would have thought pro shooters would attend as a matter of course. I guess I was wrong. They should have called for wild cards from the crowd to fill out the 8 for each category. That would have been cool.
  • Trigger Warning likes this

#150 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

Max Michel was a notable absence at a sig sponsored shoot off. I would have thought pro shooters would attend as a matter of course. I guess I was wrong. They should have called for wild cards from the crowd to fill out the 8 for each category. That would have been cool.

So Max made the shoot off but bailed on it?

#151 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

So Max made the shoot off but bailed on it?

Yep.

To be fair he wasn't the only one. He just stood out given his profile and the fact it was a sig sauer sponsored event.

Most of the US shooters DID turn up (including Stoeger, JJ, Duff, Viscusi, Nils). A number of aussies who made the shoot off didn't show either, which was disappointing.

I get it. Shoot offs are not much fun for the shooters. Especially if you had expectations of a match win that weren't fulfilled. But I thought the shoot offs were for the spectators not the shooters.

#152 shreek

shreek

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

Shoot off fail- They called the top 10 shooters to show up, yet if someone in the top 8 skipped, they just gave a bye to their opponent. #'s 9 and 10 were standing around the paddock all geared up with nowhere to go. I'm sure that made them feel special.

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#153 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:49 AM

Dude. I'm here at the Aussie table. Blue jumper.

Blue jumper?  Is that clothing?

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#154 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:30 AM

Sorry. Translation needed. 'Navy sweater'.

#155 beerbaron

beerbaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:42 PM

Jorge Balesteros posted his match video.

There's a very interesting stage plan on the big field course with the 50 yard target at the start. At the 6min mark.

I didn't see anyone else run that plan.

"

#156 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:21 AM

There's a very interesting stage plan on the big field course with the 50 yard target at the start."

WTF dude

You post a video from an old match of an Open shooter on a Production forum during Iron Sight Nats???

🤦🏻‍♂️
  • SlivGod likes this

#157 adoo

adoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:13 AM

There's a very interesting stage plan on the big field course with the 50 yard target at the start. At the 6min mark.

I didn't see anyone else run that plan.

I shot it the same way as jorge and got a very good %,  got like 5c 1c in total on the stage, and.. ehh thoose were on the close targets. 
you could see the target on an angle inbetween walls. it was only 50-60 meters bullet doesnt fall until 100+.  and you were aiming to the target next to it, so didnt take much time shooting it as well. 

a majority of the open supersquads shot it like that

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ipsc, World shoot, Euro, Stoeger, Hot dog, Not hot dog, Tag, 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users