Photo

Joker of all Trades (open shooter meets production, take 2)

production is super lame

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:20 PM

For your viewing enjoyment. Real gun is in the shop getting the Acc-U-Rails fixed, so I am left shooting my Accushadow for the time being. First time shooting that gun in a match, it was pretty cool I suppose. Snagged the W by 8.5% to second (G), 20% to third (M).

Since this is an entire forum dedicated to being lame and shooting low cap guns, tell me everything I did wrong. Other than forgetting/totally blowing all the reloads and shooting points down like a madman. Other than those.

• Will and DanielKr like this

#2 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

For your viewing enjoyment. Real gun is in the shop getting the Acc-U-Rails fixed, so I am left shooting my Accushadow for the time being. First time shooting that gun in a match, it was pretty cool I suppose. Snagged the W by 8.5% to second (G), 20% to third (M).

Since this is an entire forum dedicated to being lame and shooting low cap guns, tell me everything I did wrong. Other than forgetting/totally blowing all the reloads and shooting points down like a madman. Other than those.

fuck production-be a baller and shoot revo!  gamey bastid on el prez (i know, define back to targets).

#3 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

fuck production-be a baller and shoot revo!  gamey bastid on el prez (i know, define back to targets).

If I had a revo, I would. But alas, I only have this production scrub-gun.

I had no idea that you could setup like that for the turn, but it definitely helps to be able to see the targets. Getting your eyes locked onto the first target is the key to a fast turn and draw. 

#4 Bikerburgess

Bikerburgess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

You do know a guy that could hook you up with a revo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#5 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

You really shouldn't shoot your 9mm major ammo in your production gun.  Load some to minor.  It will help with the recoil. 

Looks like a generous start on El Prez.  Hard to tell from the angle.

That was a really good malf clearance with the high primer.  It would make any timmy proud.

I thought you drew slow some times.  Try to draw same same on far or hard targets.

I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#6 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:35 PM

You do know a guy that could hook you up with a revo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Maybe next time I'll have to shoot your 625

You really shouldn't shoot your 9mm major ammo in your production gun. Load some to minor. It will help with the recoil.

Looks like a generous start on El Prez. Hard to tell from the angle.
That was a really good malf clearance with the high primer. It would make any timmy proud.

I thought you drew slow some times. Try to draw same same on far or hard targets.

9 major or bust

Generous starts are all I do

Making timmies proud is essentially my life goal

Yes I do need to work on that, normally I do draw the same speed regardless of target difficulty, and then just spend more time on the sights. At least I do that with my open gun, clearly I'm not doing it with this one. A great observation.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#7 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

High primer? Izzat the go-to excuse for Production shooters who fuck up their shit with weak springs?

The barricade stage looked like it was playing in slow motion. I had to check the YouTube speed setting. Obviously the targets were far and difficult and you had to spend time on sight picture and trigger control. But you slowed down your draw and reload, too. No need to do that just because the targets are far away.

• GooldMember likes this

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#8 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

High primer? Izzat the go-to excuse for Production shooters who fuck up their shit with weak springs?

The barricade stage looked like it was playing in slow motion. I had to check the YouTube speed setting. Obviously the targets were far and difficult and you had to spend time on sight picture and trigger control. But you slowed down your draw and reload, too. No need to do that just because the targets are far away.

I wish I were making excuses for my weak ass springs, honestly that would probably be a better excuse than missing a primer that was this fucked. It was probably 1/3rd of the way out of the case, and I somehow missed it when I was case gauging. 

I totally agree on the barricade stage, after that stage and watching it back I was kicking myself for those draws. Truly pathetic. Normally I get the gun up and mounted quick regardless of target difficulty, but that... that was shameful. 

#9 TrackCage

TrackCage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:15 PM

Generous stage design to all you to throw 3 rounds at some of those targets. Where I'm from, you need to make all 10 rounds count or likely be stuck with a standing reload

#10 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:58 AM

Generous stage design to all you to throw 3 rounds at some of those targets. Where I'm from, you need to make all 10 rounds count or likely be stuck with a standing reload

Yes and no, some of the stages made you choose less than ideal stage plans (Y shaped stage and the 3 per/swinger stage) with a low cap gun. My plan for the 3 per stage was activator, left paper right paper far left static on the move. Reload, swinger static static. Reload, far right static on the move. Reload, swinger static static. That went out da winder real quick like with all the extras on the activator. 

• eahill85 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: production, is, super, lame

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users