8 replies to this topic

#1 90lxracer

90lxracer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:10 AM

I've never shot in anything other than a local club match... and as I type I've been to exactly 3 or those..  Just for a frame of reference. I am a noob...

I was toying with the idea of going to the Area 8 Championship that was in PA last weekend, and it was a late.. "I just wonder if there's spots still available" type thing.. Anyway, in poking around I could look at the squading and most squads were just numbered, but there was one named "Super Squads" so I hovered over the names, and I was kind of surprised that it wasn't solely populated by GM's.. or even M's .. I want to say there was a (U) in there... 

Is the SS designation just kind of a place holder in case *Da Heat* shows up? 

I was also surprised that there were still spots open, or at least spots that weren't pre-populated in the squad charts. And I was looking Friday, and the match started the day before.. in a thought of driving up Sat or Sun to shoot.. 

• DanielKr likes this

#2 vluc

vluc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:55 AM

If I recall, a number of the squads had chosen their own names and were listed in the squadding as that, but to all of us working, they were either Squad 112, 207, 304 or 403, etc.  That's how they were listed in the Nook's.

535 or so shooters, not much place to hold for anyone.

#3 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:06 AM

Yeah sounds like BS'ing around to me. vluc's experience matches my own, at majors you usually just see squads with 3 digit number designations.

#4 90lxracer

90lxracer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:14 AM

Right on...  Makes sense.. I was just curious.. 

#5 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

I've never shot in anything other than a local club match... and as I type I've been to exactly 3 or those..  Just for a frame of reference. I am a noob...

I was toying with the idea of going to the Area 8 Championship that was in PA last weekend, and it was a late.. "I just wonder if there's spots still available" type thing.. Anyway, in poking around I could look at the squading and most squads were just numbered, but there was one named "Super Squads" so I hovered over the names, and I was kind of surprised that it wasn't solely populated by GM's.. or even M's .. I want to say there was a (U) in there... 

Is the SS designation just kind of a place holder in case *Da Heat* shows up? 

I was also surprised that there were still spots open, or at least spots that weren't pre-populated in the squad charts. And I was looking Friday, and the match started the day before.. in a thought of driving up Sat or Sun to shoot.. 

Check it again. 

That was the Supper Squad.

Seriously.

• 1-4 Actual, Stranger Danger and MEISTERB like this

#6 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

I consider any squad I'm on the the "super squad"

#7 Area H8

Area H8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSitting down.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

He's right. ^ Supper

DVC
drama
Vodka
What was the C for? Cake?
Foley stole my B zone.

#8 vluc

vluc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:28 AM

He's right. ^ Supper

DVC
drama
Vodka
What was the C for? Cake?

Maybe cupcakes?  Not sure, but I did like the shirts, got a chuckle each time I ran one of them.

#9 90lxracer

90lxracer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

Check it again. 

That was the Supper Squad.

Seriously.

Oh geez! lol 

0 user(s) are reading this topic