14 replies to this topic

#1 90lxracer

90lxracer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:01 PM

I just joined USPSA, and when my rule book and membership card showed up, there was this piece of paper in there informing me that they were out of the annual addition of Front Sight but it was available online if I wanted to see it.. 

Is this magazine all that popular? I know it's reasonably  late in the year, but is the distribution that wide that there was a big under run of the magazine? Had that piece of paper been included, I wouldn't have known the magazine is typically included.. 

Anywho... just an observation.. I just found it odd. 

• zapedKag likes this

#2 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:24 PM

When you sign up for a membership you can opt out of the magazine and save a couple bucks for what it's worth.

#3 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:11 PM

Since the cover gets half ripped off, and 50% of the time I have to call and get an issue sent to my house, I just went to the cheap membership and 86'd the magazine.

• Alma likes this

#4 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:30 PM

It doesn't normally happen. I ordered a thousand copies this year for a 2017 time capsule that's probably why they are out.
  • CH3NO2 and Stranger Danger like this

On injured reserve.

#5 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

The magazine is dumb.  Their is usually a message from the President saying how great everything is then then DNROI contradicts himself and makes stuff up about the rules.  There is usually something about some area where somebody that knows somebody shot a match and took some pictures and everything was awesome there.  There is usually something about all the free guns kids get and some camp where they can hang out with a big time USPSA shooter because they are the future of the sport.  Of the 19 women that shoot USPSA there is a rotating article about "women in uspsa."  Not sure who's turn it is this month but it's the same thing every time.  Before the internet it was useful because you'd look at ads to see who made moly bullets.

• GuanoLoco and 3gundago like this
I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#6 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

It makes for good reading material while taking my semi regular therapeutic shit.

#7 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

and everything was awesome there

This made me laugh.

#8 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:19 PM

You fuckers should look at Front Sight through the hazy gauze of nostalgia instead of the calculating prism of cynicism.  

It may be an anachronistic mode of communication to deliver pointless puff pieces ("I've been shooting two years!"), but it will soon be replaced by the sleek new website, widgets, and apps which will deliver in depth looks at up and coming shooters ("I really enjoy all the people!") directly to your smartphone via push notifications, probably while you are making ready.

On injured reserve.

#9 vluc

vluc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:14 PM

You fuckers should look at Front Sight through the hazy gauze of nostalgia instead of the calculating prism of cynicism.  

It may be an anachronistic mode of communication to deliver pointless puff pieces ("I've been shooting two years!"), but it will soon be replaced by the sleek new website, widgets, and apps which will deliver in depth looks at up and coming shooters ("I really enjoy all the people!") directly to your smartphone via push notifications, probably while you are making ready.

With the usual massive focus of juniors and women as the future of the sport, despite the fact most juniors stop shooting when they discover how much fun girls can be.  The women all become members of the Rudy Shooting Team and see how many Facebook friends they can get as a measure of their prowess within the sport.

• Yard Sale and 3gundago like this

#10 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

With the usual massive focus of juniors and women as the future of the sport, despite the fact most juniors stop shooting when they discover how much fun girls can be. The women all become members of the Rudy Shooting Team and see how many Facebook friends they can get as a measure of their prowess within the sport.

Facebook is the food court for women.
  • vluc and Trigger Warning like this

#11 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:53 PM

Hey at least it doesn't get shot up by ninjas on the regular.

#12 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

a front sight magazine app...fuck, give me three years
  • TSO, vluc, peterthefish and 1 other like this

#13 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

a front sight magazine app...fuck, give me three years

I spit out my coffee.
  • vluc likes this

#14 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

The "annual" Front Sight you're missing out on is a collection of the finest 'Women in USPSA', 'How To Get Started With USPSA', 'Family Fun in USPSA' and 'PCC And Carry Optics, Which Pink Is Right For You?' articles from the past year or so, with all mention of shiny and or expensive gats on the down-low because it's meant to be thrown onto gun store counters in the hopes some noob will flip through it looking for tactical-nylon thigh-rig reviews and be diverted from the Timmy Side of the force.
  • Yard Sale likes this

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#15 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:51 PM

https://uspsa.org/magazine/2017-00/#
  • eyesopenedatlast likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users