#1 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

I'm starting to really look at the Mark7 for the Six Fiddy. Mine has perhaps one jam of any sort in 500 rounds, it's really really well tuned and I have a great source of mint condition non swaged 9mm brass off an indoor range floor.

Convince me to spend the extra 2-3k to sell the 650 and convert to MBF/1050/Mark7. Or tell me your 650 automated setup wasn't a huge debacle and I should go that route.
  • zapedKag and el.kuglov1953 like this
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#2 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:51 PM

Reloading will become less and less fun over time. If you like to ahoot a lot and don't like to waste time spring for the 1050 - swaging, primer seating depth, and unlock baller status.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#3 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

Or, drink more while reloading. Keeps the fun factor going.

• Stubb, warpspeed, ToddKS and 3 others like this

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#4 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

If you think you need an auto drive then you need a 1050.

#5 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

I know a guy who loads on a 650 and his number of shit rounds and squibs has gone down dramatically since he got the mark7.  He still sometimes gets an upsidedown primer that he misses during QC.

#6 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:37 PM

If you can afford a 1050, there is ZERO reason to not have one
  • Stubb and warpspeed like this

#7 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:47 PM

I have a Mark 7 for the 650 and set up was not painful at all. Believe it or not, the biggest bitch was setting up the case feeder, everything else was a snap. As Waktasz stated, 1 in every 200 rounds I get a flipped primer; but there are times when I go 600 plus rounds without a flipped primer. I typically run it at about 900 rph and it's capable of going much faster. At this time, I'm only loading 40 s&w so I don't have to worry about swaging; if I were loading 9mm or 223 I would have went the Mark 7 1050 route vs Mark 7 650.

Do I regret the purchase, no friggin way. Will I buy a Mark 7 1050 in the future, maybe in a year or two.

#8 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

I know a guy who loads on a 650 and his number of shit rounds and squibs has gone down dramatically since he got the mark7. He still sometimes gets an upsidedown primer that he misses during QC.

Since I've never loaded a squib on the 650, that's encouraging.

#9 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:56 PM

As a guy that owns a 650 I feel like if I were to go for an autodrive a 1050 would be logical, but YMMV.

#10 bailey

bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:55 AM

I added a Mark 7 650 Pro to my 650. I have now had it for 9 months and it is one of the best things I ever bought. Currently I am making over 6000 rounds per month for me and a shooting partner. On the 1200 per hour setting (which I always use) I average about 900 per hour because I stop for primer and brass reloads and I run a slight (1 setting) slowdown at the top to allow for cases jerking off the expansion die.

It was simple to setup but did require some press adjustments to get everything perfect.. It was amazing to me how many faults you can accommodate while manually running the press. The auto drive is much less forgiving about such things as torque spikes. There is zero reason to expect squibs or other faults to occur. The auto drive does not create press issues. I have never made a squib either manually or on auto drive after close to 400,000 rounds. 

I occasionally got a flipped primer at first but that was due to my RF100 not the auto drive. I got those manually also until I got the primer filler adjusted. Never happens now. On occasion I get an upside down bullet from the MBF but thats the bullet feeder. Its rare and I'm learning what causes it.

I recently had a problem with the decapping sensor (which really is not needed). I submitted a problem to Mark 7 and they rapidly acknowledged a known problem with the cable and sent me a new one.

Once you get through the phase of finding every minor fault with your press adjustments, this thing just turns out an incredible amount of ammo. No problem has been created by the auto drive itself. It does allow you see press issues that you once ignored.

• Chett Luduston and Will like this

#11 adoo

adoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:19 AM

IF your 650 is fuckin A and always index perfect, then yes sure

if not 1050. 

the 650 is WAY mor finicky 

#12 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:18 AM

I added a Mark 7 650 Pro to my 650. I have now had it for 9 months and it is one of the best things I ever bought. Currently I am making over 6000 rounds per month for me and a shooting partner. On the 1200 per hour setting (which I always use) I average about 900 per hour because I stop for primer and brass reloads and I run a slight (1 setting) slowdown at the top to allow for cases jerking off the expansion die.

It was simple to setup but did require some press adjustments to get everything perfect.. It was amazing to me how many faults you can accommodate while manually running the press. The auto drive is much less forgiving about such things as torque spikes. There is zero reason to expect squibs or other faults to occur. The auto drive does not create press issues. I have never made a squib either manually or on auto drive after close to 400,000 rounds. 

I occasionally got a flipped primer at first but that was due to my RF100 not the auto drive. I got those manually also until I got the primer filler adjusted. Never happens now. On occasion I get an upside down bullet from the MBF but thats the bullet feeder. Its rare and I'm learning what causes it.

I recently had a problem with the decapping sensor (which really is not needed). I submitted a problem to Mark 7 and they rapidly acknowledged a known problem with the cable and sent me a new one.

Once you get through the phase of finding every minor fault with your press adjustments, this thing just turns out an incredible amount of ammo. No problem has been created by the auto drive itself. It does allow you see press issues that you once ignored.

How'd you fix the flipped primer issue in the RF100 as that is the source of my flipped primer issue.

#13 adoo

adoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:25 AM

I get like 1 flipped primer per 50k? in my Rf100 small primer with winchester 

#14 MEISTERB

MEISTERB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:12 AM

I got my 1050M7 during the July 4th sale. I am coming off a LNL, so that isnt apples to apples with a 650, but good Lord, why didnt I do this sooner? I could only stand 3-500 round sessions with the LNL because of all the BS, but now I can crank out a months worth of ammo in only a few hours. I cant believe how much time it frees up for other stuff!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

#15 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:38 AM

I got a second RF100. If it had been my first I probably would have gone on a lamp smashing puppy kicking tirade in impotent rage against the paid soulless shills who co-conspired to steal money from hen-pecking innocents seeking freedom from primer drudgery at any cost.

But, I already had one that was fucking awesome.

I checked every screw and adjusted everything and it doesn't work as well as the other one - so far. Was flipping primers and getting them stuck in the tube chute. One thing I noticed is the little guard that secures the primers on their final run has a different letter on it S instead of A so maybe they redesigned it to fuck with Winchester primers. More likely some work great and some don't.

I too debased myself with an LNL and was amazed at the performance of the 1050 despite it being a dated design with in your face don't give a shit features like the primer cup and metal so soft in some places it was likely forged with a q-tip.

A thing about the 1050 is the value holds almost completely even when it has been abused harder than a Dodge Charger on a Dukes of Hazzard set - the original series where you could scoop up a bakers dozen chargers by trolling a couple of trailer parks.

The other thing is I can easily run 1,800 rounds an hour of major ammo, over and over again. Some go faster. Paired with the mark 7, the actual production of ammo is the easiest, least time consuming part of reloading.

I can't see being disappointed with the 650 version - unless you want the best, most reliable machine combination which unfortunately comes with a tall premium.
  • aceinyerface likes this

#16 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:43 AM

The 650 has a weak spot, like the Death Star.

The $9 ring indexer is made of plastic and to replace it, you have to take the whole thing apart.

Step up, step down, or buy a bunch of ring indexers and the alignment tool.
  • Trigger Warning likes this

#17 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:04 AM

You need to tune your RF100. Adjust the upward pointing screw at the top; and adjust th angle of the clear plastic guide to match your primer type. Suble differences in primers require tweaks.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#18 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:16 AM

You need to tune your RF100. Adjust the upward pointing screw at the top; and adjust th angle of the clear plastic guide to match your primer type. Suble differences in primers require tweaks.

Fucking primer geeks

My Vibra-Prime can load 1000 primers into tubes in less than 5 minutes without rushing. I only have 12 tubes, so I have limits
  • vluc likes this

#19 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:18 AM

I'm a vibra prime user as well, and probably won't change.I'm quite certain I can fill 3 tubes in the time it takes the Mark7 to consume one.
  • vluc likes this

#20 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:21 AM

I probably should not even be posting in this thread as I don't have a Mark7

Oh well, too many hobbies to spread the $$$$ around.

I am just a peasant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users