37 replies to this topic

#1 Slow250

Slow250

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:58 PM

Congrats to the dood who won Production.  I thought it was the most challenging match I've shot to date... In Production, the only shooter with no misses was the match winner.  Match scores weren't very close. 

Some other observations:

-a lot of DQs (13), didn't really see any "traps" during the match

-now that you can actually find a Stock 2, Shadow 2s have been released, and you can load your Sig with custom triggers etc, it still only takes a $500 gun to win majors.  Glock is alive and well.

• zapedKag, mir2017lor, el.kuglov1953 and 1 other like this

#2 Not Will

Not Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

it still only takes a $500 gun to win majors.  

Well, that and Tyler's practice regimen, but yeah, lets talk about the gun.  

• Stubb, BenB, Sweet T and 1 other like this

#3 Slow250

Slow250

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

Well, that and Tyler's practice regimen, but yeah, lets talk about the gun.

Yeah... My point was the gun was irrelevant, so...

#4 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

#glockmasterrace
  • Stubb likes this

#5 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

Wasnt all that difficult of a match. 3 hardest shots were tuxedos at 20 yards. Nothing extravagant as far as shooting angles, leans or positions, plus the easiest bridge I've ever been on. That being said, I managed a whole three mikes, all in hardcover, plus a procedural for a disability on standards stage.

Still a fun match, very well run and organized. Lack of reset is always fun. The stages all seemed to have several different ways to shot them, which is always nice.

#6 BenB

BenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

The stages all seemed to have several different ways to shot them, which is always nice.

4 and 8 were the only ones with significant options. (Options to me being able to take targets from more than one position, being able to shoot into/out of position or on the move.) Everything else was "do you want to go to each required position left to right or right to left?" And 8 was marginal even there. The match was hard, but I felt bad for the Open shooters on my squad because they were posting up almost as much as I was.

I was surprised they didn't debug stage 1 before the first shooter started. I always tell folks at locals not to take goofy leans around barrels because "you won't see that at big matches." The stage still ended up being pretty hard though.

Having a 120 point standards was cool though. Test the fundamentals.

And T definitely hurt my feelings. Options or not he put more holes in the middle, and faster. Respect.

#7 Ateam111

Ateam111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

How about that Produciton GM not taking his procedurals he earned on a stage.  Going back and arguing about it in the stats tent.  

#8 BenB

BenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:44 PM

How about that Produciton GM not taking his procedurals he earned on a stage.  Going back and arguing about it in the stats tent.  

Did I earn them? The ROs on the stage didn't say anything to me and it wasn't on the score sheet I signed.

• NickBlasta and sberry like this

#9 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

#glockmasterrace

Must be the Gen5 perfection!

On injured reserve.

#10 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

Stage 1- corners or hard leans
Stage 2- reload or go one for one in back box
Stage 3- everyone I saw shot it 8,6,6,8. I shot it 8, 10,10. Dunno if anyone actually used the neat port
Stage 4- potions pour the wazoo
Stage 5-standards are standards
Stage 6- right piper from left potty or not
Stage 7- bridge stage was Perry straight forward, unless you wanted to stay on the bridge for some reason
Stage 8- 5 posts from the middle or go deep on the edges

I ate on the lack of shooting on the move or in and out of position shots, very few of those.

#11 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:12 PM

Wife was stung by a bee while shooting on the bridge. This did not help the bee, me or her as the day moved on!

Saw a couple of interesting calls.

Heard of RTS2 cutting out mid stage for an open shooter.

Appreciated the cart ride from chrono to Stage 1.

Chrono dude pretty closely examined the function of my open gun. I would have been sweating if I'd been trying to skate by on an unannounced adjustment.

Didn't hear of any steel-based drama.

A mild day, more or less.
  • BenB likes this

On injured reserve.

#12 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

Did I earn them? The ROs on the stage didn't say anything to me and it wasn't on the score sheet I signed.

Must have been a hell of a surprise when scores got posted. Which stage?

#13 Beef

Beef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:28 PM

Congrats to the dood who won Production.  I thought it was the most challenging match I've shot to date... In Production, the only shooter with no misses was the match winner.  Match scores weren't very close. 

Some other observations:

-a lot of DQs (13), didn't really see any "traps" during the match

-now that you can actually find a Stock 2, Shadow 2s have been released, and you can load your Sig with custom triggers etc, it still only takes a $500 gun to win majors.  Glock is alive and well.

There were no DQ traps, well there was at least one target available from beyond the 180 on 4.

The numbers look bad but like 50% of the DQs were righties standing 90° left to the back berm on stage one and pointing their gun left across themselves during ULSC. Handful of sweeping on the bridge. One dropped gun. Probably more 180s.

I shot terrible in addition to being slow. Never concerned with DQ'ing. My squad had one guy bumped prod to open for a fat safety.

#14 Ateam111

Ateam111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

The two guys you told you got them to felt like you earned them.  You know you got them its a shame you had to act like that.  Enough people know about this though, it will come up again.

#15 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:27 AM

This match definitely had the most thorough/intense chrono and equipment check I've ever been to.

They meticulously looked all over my gun, racked and pulled the trigger several times, checked the trigger safety, weighed it, boxed it (box was built to minimum spec which made things tight for a squadmate), and finally shot it.

I heard of several limited guys whose mags didn't gauge.

#16 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

We also had AD over berm DQ. Chrono guys were very thorough. A couple of open guys shot for no score due to mags. I only know 2 doodies shooting the match. The rest need to make yourself known. Register as McFuckPants when we ask your name in the stats shack.
  • SlivGod likes this
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#17 RadarTech

RadarTech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:40 PM

For the DQs--- 5 on stage 1-- 180 break at ULSC. 1 ran up range and broke the 240.. 1 swept the entire bay and parking lot from the safe area. All on stage 1--- 3 sweeping on the bridge...
1 AD stage 4.. 1 broke the 180 and I saw it from my ranger as I looked down his barrel on 8 (?- swinger stage-- sorry-- it's all blurring)
1 broke the 180 on the bridge.
At least 2 went to open for mags... I'll have to get my notes to be sure... at least 2 went to shoot for no score for mags from open... at least 1 went to minor from major.. at least 1 went sub-minor...

As for Chrono and their diligence-- we are 2 weeks before nationals--- I think people would rather be bumped here than in St George.... we had 1 competitor with a nonfunctional safety on a CZ-- he swapped guns and kept shooting. Chrono was instructed to be fair and by the book..

Chrono was shot twice and repaired... calibration ammo was checked daily and after each Chrono murder... and a couple other times when everything was slow.... sometimes just because I was curious...

Steel--- had 5 calibration challenges. One competitor won the challenge... had staff request 5 re-checks of calibration after steel adjustments-- one popper cracked during the match. And we replaced it and recalibrated....

This is all from memory... so beyond the DQs it may not be 100%... but close...

I think the stage staff was fair and professional... I think we as a group provided a really good match.

Comments?
  • not that bryan, ncav8tor, PupTown and 1 other like this

#18 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

We also had AD over berm DQ. Chrono guys were very thorough. A couple of open guys shot for no score due to mags. I only know 2 doodies shooting the match. The rest need to make yourself known. Register as McFuckPants when we ask your name in the stats shack.

I know of me, sweet T, and Micah, but dunno Micah's username here on the forums. I didn't give my standard McFuckpants as you recognized me immediately.
  • ZackJones likes this

#19 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:29 PM

I think the staff was fair and professional. The match was good. Chrono was thorough. DQ's I'm sure were earned; stages were no DQ traps that's for sure. Everything was highly efficient the day we shot.
  • Beef likes this

On injured reserve.

#20 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:56 PM

As for Chrono and their diligence-- we are 2 weeks before nationals--- I think people would rather be bumped here than in St George.... we had 1 competitor with a nonfunctional safety on a CZ-- he swapped guns and kept shooting. Chrono was instructed to be fair and by the book..

Agree completely.

It was noteworthy only for its diligence relative to what we usually see.

It was a good thing.

Great match overall. The staff and match officials are to be commended.
  • ncav8tor and RadarTech like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users