#21 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:11 AM

Yes, I was definitely having an. Issue with seating depth. The screws on my Mark 7 SwageSense had backed out and I wasn’t getting a proper swage. Easy fix. Also installed the $17.50 Everglades primer station back up rod. Now I’m getting CCI’s seating nicely from 0.005-0.012” deep.

Preliminary testing showed 100% with a PatDef 14 spring. I had 1/17 light DA strikes iwth a PatDef 12 spring.

More tsting requiured. I don’t trust anything until I have a 1000 roudns through.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#22 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:15 AM

Yes, I was definitely having an issue with seating depth. The screws on my Mark 7 SwageSense had backed out and I wasn’t getting a proper swage. Easy fix. Also installed the $17.50 Everglades primer station back up rod. Now I’m getting CCI’s seating nicely from 0.005-0.012” deep.

Preliminary testing showed 100% with a PatDef 14 spring. I had 1/17 light DA strikes with a PatDef 12 spring.

More testing required. I don’t trust anything until I have about 1000 rounds through each gun through.

Stock parts and these springs (14lb hammer spring) and polish job. I’m happy with the results and lights off cci all day. And I’m coming from a 1-1/2lb Trigger with a super short reset. Stock sear. Only thing I really desire is a shorter reset but I figure I should just shoot more and get over being a trigger snob. About 700 rounds in all cci all went pew. I actually never ended up installing the trigger return spring either. Not sure how much different that makes.

1 1/2 lb SA? How you manage that?

I messed with the BOLO a while, but found increased DA light strikes for me. The BOLO doesn’t seem to pull the hammer back as far in. DA. The shorter reset was nice but decreased reliability with harder practice primers wasn’t worth it.

In Doodie, Veritas.

#23 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:03 PM

Yes, I was definitely having an issue with seating depth. The screws on my Mark 7 SwageSense had backed out and I wasn’t getting a proper swage. Easy fix. Also installed the $17.50 Everglades primer station back up rod. Now I’m getting CCI’s seating nicely from 0.005-0.012” deep.

Preliminary testing showed 100% with a PatDef 14 spring. I had 1/17 light DA strikes with a PatDef 12 spring.

More testing required. I don’t trust anything until I have about 1000 rounds through each gun through.

1 1/2 lb SA? How you manage that?

I messed with the BOLO a while, but found increased DA light strikes for me. The BOLO doesn’t seem to pull the hammer back as far in. DA. The shorter reset was nice but decreased reliability with harder practice primers wasn’t worth it.

I worded that terribly, and necessary punctuation are for squares. 

I was saying the trigger in my tanfo is reliable and doesnt feel too too bad to me. I am coming from open division with an svi, that had a 1 1/2 pound trigger. Best trigger I have ever felt was in that SVI open gun. The tanfo trigger is and will never be that good, but the setup I have is reliable *so far* and not shit.

#24 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:59 PM

Are you bitches 4 real?

#25 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:09 PM

I’m for real, at least last I checked online.

In Doodie, Veritas.

#26 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted Yesterday, 11:54 AM

You can shave down the nose of the BOLO to increase the throw in DA. That said, if I build another Tanfo I probably wouldn’t install a BOLO. The trigger’s fine without it.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#27 CheesyD

CheesyD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:32 PM

You don’t need shit aside from 3? Springs and a little polish. Shoot the mother fucker and not play hide the roll pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#28 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted Yesterday, 04:46 PM

You don’t need shit aside from 3? Springs and a little polish. Shoot the mother fucker and not play hide the roll pin.

1 piece sear
Trigger, sear, and hammer springs
Guide rod & 8-10lb recoil spring
Dawson front sight

Done. That would be my next Tanfo if I built one. If I were feeling really saucy, I’d slap a Titan hammer in there. But probably not.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#29 CheesyD

CheesyD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:27 PM

We’re talking triggers here numb nuts, keep up with the adults.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users