Photo

RO Lectures - Save the "might happen" lectures and do your job.

uspsa ro range officer nroi

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

Good luck trying to convice the RM You weren't at 180.9999 180.0001 the next time with the same RO.

FIFY

I'm glad I wasn't the only anal retentive asshole that felt compelled to correct that.

• ralloway and Stranger Danger like this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#42 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • LocationShowing stuff to the kids

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:31 PM

Buy me a new keyboard so I can spell better.

• Stranger Danger likes this

~ My lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

#43 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:25 PM

I'm glad I wasn't the only anal retentive asshole that felt compelled to correct that.

Posted Image

#44 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

Double fail - it was a math error not a gramme arror.
  • Stranger Danger likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#45 JoeyBagODonuts

JoeyBagODonuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:13 PM

Nah, the grammar nazi's killed off the mathematicians.

Wait, I smell more than donuts...

#46 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • LocationShowing stuff to the kids

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:32 AM

Still the same broken keyboard.

~ My lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

#47 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:39 AM

N00bs (and sometimes more experienced competitors) need to be told - sometimes they have no idea where their muzzles are.

Others know exactly and get irritated by the feedback.

Every single time I've warned a competitior about being close to the 180 it is because I'm %90 sure they broke it but not %100. If I'd been in a different place for a better view they would likely have been DQd.
  • Perfecto, Yard Sale, chachacha and 2 others like this

#48 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:08 AM

Every single time I've earned a competition about being close to the 180 it is because I'm %90 sure they broke it but not %100. If I'd been in a different place for a better view they would likely have been DQd.

auto-correct is a bitch, isn't it?

Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#49 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:15 AM

auto-correct is a bitch, isn't it?

Yep

#50 JaeOne3345

JaeOne3345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:56 PM

Every single time I've warned a competitior about being close to the 180 it is because I'm %90 sure they broke it but not %100. If I'd been in a different place for a better view they would likely have been DQd.

If you see and know it, it I'd prefer you to just call it. The one time this happened to me, the RO in question was nagging everyone for all kinda shit at that particular match until another RO told him to chill. Otherwise I don't want a lecture at a major. Everyone is different about it.  

A75033

#51 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:51 AM

If you see and know it, it I'd prefer you to just call it. The one time this happened to me, the RO in question was nagging everyone for all kinda shit at that particular match until another RO told him to chill. Otherwise I don't want a lecture at a major. Everyone is different about it.

I'm not going to lecture someone. Just a simple " hey you were super close to the 180 there" after everything is done.
  • JaeOne3345, Blueeyedme and GooldMember like this

#52 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

That's fine IMO. It's retarded when they say "hey I would have _____ but I didn't see it", which means they're just making shit up and guessing.

I also had a great one a while back, where the RO said "I'm not sure but I think you had your finger in the trigger during that transition" and I had to bite my lip in a "no shit sherlock" moment after I engaged two targets separated by maybe 7 yards. I'll make sure to flick my fingers out of the guard between every target next time.

• NickBlasta likes this

#53 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:43 AM

That's fine IMO. It's retarded when they say "hey I would have _____ but I didn't see it", which means they're just making shit up and guessing.

I also had a great one a while back, where the RO said "I'm not sure but I think you had your finger in the trigger during that transition" and I had to bite my lip in a "no shit sherlock" moment after I engaged two targets separated by maybe 7 yards. I'll make sure to flick my fingers out of the guard between every target next time.

People just think they know the rules...

8.5 Movement
8.5.1 Except when the competitor is actually aiming or shooting at targets, all movement (see Appendix A3) must be accomplished with the fingers visibly outside the trigger guard and the safety should be engaged. The handgun must be pointed in a safe direction.

Appendix A3
Movement ........................Taking more than one step in any direction, or changing body position (e.g. from standing to kneeling,
from seated to standing etc.)

Transitioning from one target to another without a movement of the magnitude in the A3 definition is not a movement.
  • Motosapiens and Sarnburg like this
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#54 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

"You almost broke the 180."

And? Either I did or I didn't. If I did, DQ me. If I'm at 179.9999, don't tell me about it. 

meh, don't listen to it if you don't want to know.

I tend to give unasked-warnings to newbs and people who look like they might not have been aware how close they were. I tend to let more experienced shooters alone until they screw up. Personally, I would want to know if I was close enough to make an RO concerned.

• GooldMember likes this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#55 JaeOne3345

JaeOne3345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:43 PM

meh, don't listen to it if you don't want to know.

I tend to give unasked-warnings to newbs and people who look like they might not have been aware how close they were. I tend to let more experienced shooters alone until they screw up. Personally, I would want to know if I was close enough to make an RO concerned.

I don't. If I am allowed 180 degrees, let me use all of them, especially if the stage design pushes one towards it. If I break it, call it. That's fair. Real simple.

Good. Thanks. 

• Sweet T likes this

A75033

#56 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

I don't. If I am allowed 180 degrees, let me use all of them, especially if the stage design pushes one towards it. If I break it, call it. That's fair. Real simple.

Good. Thanks. 

If you look/act like a noob, you might get warned. If you don't, you probably won't (by me).

Either way, it's pretty amateur to let something an RO says get into your head.

#57 JaeOne3345

JaeOne3345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

k

being that is usually happens after the stage, it doesn't really have any effect on my head. It's just cut and dry in regards to what I stated about using up all 180 degrees on certain stages, and therefore pointless banter, but I realize some folks just have to say something. I'm all for being sent home if I break the rules. It's only fair and consistent. If you surely saw it, then, well, call it!  If you are wasting all kinda cash on traveling to a major, you should, hopefully be aware of the rules. Hopefully. Wishful thinking probably.

As stated earlier, I have only run into this with an RO at DT who was annoying everyone with the same bullshit until someone else told him to stfu basically. 

A75033

#58 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

Tons of people, even experienced people, are wildly unaware of the 180 when they are in the middle of a run. I will tell people if they got close in a particular spot, whether it's their first match or they are a super duper GM. If you are close, I'm gonna tell you. Not going to lecture you or anything, but I'm gonna tell you.

And probably 95% of the time it comes as a total shock to them, regardless of their skill level.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#59 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:52 PM

Tons of people, even experienced people Todd Jarrett, are wildly unaware of the 180 when they are in the middle of a run.
<snip>

And probably 95% of the time it comes as a total shock to them, regardless of their skill level.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fixed like dinner yo.

#60 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

I just shot the MO sectional last Friday, was on the next to last stage (11??)  a wonky stage where you shot one round each on the Metric targets which ran up and down both sides of the bay behind hard cover with a bunch or steel to your front and mannequins spread out in bay start box in middle of bay, pretty much everyone  stepped out of box to left and engaged steel and then moved back and to the left about 3/4 uprange to work on the left side targets. As I was running back I heard RO say "whoa" not loud like a "WHOA MF!!!!" but  I heard him and assumed I had fucked up since I really didn't have a clue where my muzzle was, but since I didn't hear "stop" I completed the stage. After ULSC, I asked him about the whoa and He said I almost broke the 180, which is what I figured had happened. I assume I probably did on the reload moving back/left since I am a righty. Either way he didn't call me on it but the whoa did get in my head while shooting.

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uspsa, ro, range officer, nroi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users