85 replies to this topic

#81 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:04 AM

So my carry optics exparament has begun.

I just wrapped my first dryfire fire session and I can easily see how often:

My grip is misaligned

I pull off a target

I'm fishing after a reload

When I miss at trigger pull

To answer Ben B's question, "do you need to switch divisions to learn these things", probably not; however, if you are a highly visual learner like me it might be worth a try.

Why do I say this? Because someone describing this to you and then seeing for yourself is very powerful as a learning aide.

Down sides:
Startup costs as the Rmr was 325 ish

New learning curve - I'm about .5 seconds slower on every drill than with my limited rig; but I can clearly see where I'm hitting when I pull the trigger

Which size moa do you choose - the 2.5 on its brightest setting is washed out in bright sunlight for my eyes. I'll try the 7.5 soon but I'm sure there is an accuracy tradeoff

Another dot convert. Better watch out production Doodies, we're taking over.

Do you have an actual RMR? If so, then that is probably the root of your dot brightness issues (because they are not even close to bright enough, IMO). I would recommend the Leupold DPP 2.5 or C-More RTS2 in a 6, personally.

You will get faster than the limited gun with a little time and familiarity with the dot. Pay attention to what the dot does in recoil, keeping in mind that is the same thing the front sight is doing in recoil. Apply what you have learned when you go back to irons you will be faster than you started out.

#82 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:46 PM

No Rmr, I have a Leupold DPP in 2.5 and in 7.5. I'll keep you folks updated.

#83 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

I’m surprised you didn’t thing the 2.5 was bright enough. That was the brightest dot I ever had in full sunlight... hmm. Fresh battery?
  • GooldMember likes this

#84 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:36 PM

Yeah, brand new. That said, I'm 47 and my eyes are probably older than yours.

#85 NickBlasta

NickBlasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:52 PM

The 2.5 is not very bright. People tell me it is but to me it looks stupid tiny compared to my 8moa slideride. I've lost it a few times in full sun especially with something white shining at me (like a piece of coroplast on a wall or a field of poppers). If they had like a 6 dot version it would be the perfect pistol optic imo.

#86 Bikerburgess

Bikerburgess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

I just tried the DPP big triangle version on my CO gun, I thought I would not like it vs the round c-more dots in used to, but I actually didn't mind it at all, mostly I found if it stayed still long enough for me to notice it was a triangle it ment I should have shot all ready

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Will and racetaco like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users