#201 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

None is so blind as he who will not see.  But still, catching bullet shrapnel in the eye can make you pretty damn blind, regardless of how much you want to look at something.

Thus, USPSA wisely says that “All persons on the range potentially exposed to ricochet debris or bullet fragments are required to wear eye protection.”  It does not say Foley will fly in and assess the potentiality, so it seems this is left to local folks by design.  At the nazi camp range in question, the owners have declared that people anywhere on the range need to have eye protection on.  Is this insurance, Nazism, or judgment that such is required to protect from getting an eye poked out?  I don’t know, and neither do any litigants in this thread.

But, the assessment of needing safety glasses anywhere at the range was apparently shared by the USPSA range officials who announced it in the pre-match briefing.  The competitor who got DQ’ed was not merely wiping a tear from his eye after watching a particularly good run but rather was about his business journeying between bays with nothing between his eyeballs and a bullet fragment but air and opportunity.  The nazi RO dq’ed him for not following the earlier reasonable instruction to keep your safety glasses on your face.

Every bit of that is consistent with USPSA rules, even if harsh. 

It’s also not like not allowing muzzles over the berm without a local rule variation approval.  That affects how you handle the course of fire and obviously is a change to the game.  Wandering bays without eye protection is not a sacred tenet of USPSA.  In fact, the opposite is true as eye protection is mandatory whenever eye danger is potential, according to the rules.  And that range believes your eyeballs are at risk everywhere on that range.

Imagine this: competitor D (for derp) takes his eyeglasses off while he is on deck about to watch the run of the competitor who is up.  RO sees this and says “hey man we have steel all over this stage – eyes on.”  Dude says, “Hell no I hate wearing glasses – not going to do it til I’m shooting and that’s how I’ll handle myself all day; I’m a free American and do what I want!”  You can’t dump this dude?  Clearly, you could and doing so would not dilute the USPSA brand beyond recognition.

Well that’s what they did in NY.  They DQ’ed a dude who didn’t follow the range officials’ instructions.  Were they assholes?  Of course, it’s fucking New York (I think – geography runs together when you get to Maryland and it’s mostly all communist from there up).  There’s no rule in USPSA that you have to be gentlemanly about applying the rules, or give three warnings about safety gear.  That’s what decent people would do, yes, but we’re talking about Yankees here and they deserve cultural respect that allows them to be assholes.

In summation, everyone but me is wrong.  It would have been best to warn the guy, ok to bounce from range and DNF for failing to follow range safety rule that didn’t have anything to do with how he shot the course and which was consistent with USPSA rules, and within the USPSA rules to DQ him. 

Althou I agree completely this pisses me off. I've been ridiculed to no end on this forum for my ehh word rich posts but this MFr get's likes? I'm the only one right up in here.

• aceinyerface likes this

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#202 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:56 AM

• aics308 likes this

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#203 Cajun cracker

Cajun cracker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationLa.

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:24 AM

The clubs or their matches are not the responsibility of the ORG. The ORG is only responsible for the nationals. If you don’t like this than it’s muskets at 10 paces, thats if any of you can count higher than 7. If not, then just come to Florida and shoot every major that matters in just over a weeks time. Pffft

#204 Cajun cracker

Cajun cracker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationLa.

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:28 AM

No-one ridicules anyone here, come on now???

#205 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

The clubs nor their matches are not the responsibility of the ORG. The ORG is only responsible for the nationals. If you don’t like this than it’s muskets at 10 paces, that is if any of you can count higher than 7. If not, then just come to Florida and shoot every major that matters in just over a weeks time. Mmmmmmwa

The rules, and the application thereof, are the responsibility of the ORG.

• Cajun cracker likes this

#206 Cajun cracker

Cajun cracker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationLa.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:16 AM

The rules, and the application thereof, are the responsibility of the ORG.

Not the .org, the TROY.

#207 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:24 AM

Althou I agree completely this pisses me off. I've been ridiculed to no end on this forum for my ehh word rich posts but this MFr get's likes? I'm the only one right up in here.

I’ll give you a like due to your work on the tits thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users