#21 Bikerburgess

Bikerburgess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:18 AM

How many Glocks is it worth?

that's funny Goldmember and I were joking recently about always discussing gun prices in GLOCKS 

• GooldMember, AlphaCharis and zapedKag like this

#22 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:27 AM

How many Glocks is it worth?

Several

Excellent idea having each part come from a different company; gives you maximum opportunity for phat sponsorships.

Where's the GoGun rest?  There's a slightly newer version out than the ones I have which is why I didn't win World Shoot.

There are a couple of guys locally with enough majik to make 9mm major run so it can be done.  When you succeed the world is your oyster because using 38sc brass is like going out with strippers - overly expensive yet can stand a lot of bangs, but you know someone else is always trying to pick them up.

Cool finish color and you are right to remain wary of the RTS2.  They had a recent batch with a new and exciting failure mode recently.

Congrats, I'm sure you'll kick ass with it!

Thumbrests are dumb, just grip the pistol properly. I had and really enjoyed my RTS2, but I could never really get used to the blue lens and when it turned off in the middle of a stage at one match, that was enough to make me switch. Agreed on SC brass, though I will say I still pick up my 9mm brass and load it multiple times. Heresy, I know. I have never purchased a single piece of brass though, so it has its pluses. And thank you, I'm excited to have a gun that I don't have to tinker with so much. 

Very cool, I thought you were against heavy guns? Only thing I would have done different is shortened the dust cover a bit more and put an SV comp on it. Aka make it a replica SV.

The biggest thing I noticed when I dumped the Atlas long DC paper weight and switched to the SV IMM was it didnt fee like I was swinging around a dumbbell anymore.

Why would I put such a silly tiny comp on my gun? The SV (and subsequent Atlas ripoff) both seem much less efficient to me. I have a big comp on my current gun (4 ports) and it works well, so I'm not abandoning that. Though this one is Ti rather than steel. As far as heavy guns, I would say I am less afraid of them than I was, after shooting the Columbia Cascade match with Unibrain's Chaos. It feels super heavy at the safetable, but as soon as you are shooting a stage you don't really notice so much. 

For that kind of coin you could have gone hot and heavy into Revo division!?!?

Just sayin

I realize now just how big of a mistake I made. Who wants to buy an open gun? Only been testfired. 

That is not on the production list and won’t make weight in CO

I guess you will get bumped to Open

Nice Gun, Congrats

Production is still dumb, and I have self respect so CO is automatically out. Thanks man, I'm stoked.

Im sure this will break. I mean it is 9 major. If SVI cant make it work, how could some random dude do it?

Highly unlikely. Or, the people that buy SVs clearly already have fuck-you money, so buying new SC brass and then just leaving it on the ground after one firing is a non-issue

Over/under on how long barrel lasts before the lower lugs sheer clean off?

I'll take 0-200

#23 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:28 AM

that's funny Goldmember and I were joking recently about always discussing gun prices in GLOCKS 

As I recall we were also talking about weighing guns in glocks. "Yeah this one here is only about 1.5 Glock, but this beast is nearly 3 Glock. If you like a heavy gun, this is the one for you."

• Bikerburgess and AlphaCharis like this

#24 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

Why would I put such a silly tiny comp on my gun? The SV (and subsequent Atlas ripoff) both seem much less efficient to me. I have a big comp on my current gun (4 ports) and it works well, so I'm not abandoning that. Though this one is Ti rather than steel. As far as heavy guns, I would say I am less afraid of them than I was, after shooting the Columbia Cascade match with Unibrain's Chaos. It feels super heavy at the safetable, but as soon as you are shooting a stage you don't really notice so much. 

In my opinion, after watching all of the slomo vids of different comps on enos thread, the comp doesnt really make all that big of a difference. Strong grip trumps all, but powder and bullet weight make a good load and the comp is probably one of the lesser variables that affect how tame the gun is in muzzle rise. I just like the short titanium comp for balance and looks. If you put an sv comp on that exact gun and shot it back to back vs that comp I doubt the difference would be measurable. Thats a sweet gun though, Don builds good runners. Im sure it was very reasonable cost wise too, especially compared to the hacks out there....

#25 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

Don is the only guy to build an open gun with. This same gun would have cost nearly $1500-$3500 more depending on builder.

Too bad hes moving to Nashville TN early next year.

#26 CH3NO2

CH3NO2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

"using 38sc brass is like going out with strippers -

overly expensive yet can stand a lot of bangs, but you know someone else is always trying to pick them up."

YEP - this explains it all 

​oh and nice pistol !

• barry owens likes this
NITRO
Nitromethane, nitrous oxide, nitrocellulose ....3 of my favorite things
To be sure of hitting the target , shoot 1st and call what ever u hit the target.

#27 theManwithNoName

theManwithNoName

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

Sweet looking gun, Gooldy...

Looks like you shifted a lot of the weight/balance from the front to the grip area...  Curious to see how you like it after you shoot it...

#28 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:22 PM

In my opinion, after watching all of the slomo vids of different comps on enos thread, the comp doesnt really make all that big of a difference. Strong grip trumps all, but powder and bullet weight make a good load and the comp is probably one of the lesser variables that affect how tame the gun is in muzzle rise. I just like the short titanium comp for balance and looks. If you put an sv comp on that exact gun and shot it back to back vs that comp I doubt the difference would be measurable. Thats a sweet gun though, Don builds good runners. Im sure it was very reasonable cost wise too, especially compared to the hacks out there....

That may be true, but I still think especially with gassier loads a larger comp has to be more effective. When I watch some of the SP2 videos in that thread, it seems like it does at least. I would have gotten the CFD since it is like the lightest one available, but there were none in stock at binary when I was buying the parts. Also I'm not a fan of buying a $200+ comp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#29 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

"using 38sc brass is like going out with strippers -
overly expensive yet can stand a lot of bangs, but you know someone else is always trying to pick them up."
YEP - this explains it all

​oh and nice pistol !

Sweet looking gun, Gooldy...

Looks like you shifted a lot of the weight/balance from the front to the grip area... Curious to see how you like it after you shoot it...

Thanks guys. I'll post tonight after I shoot it with my range report. I think it is gonna be great. Hopefully I can get some slow motion footage as well

#30 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

I might be out of my lane but, isn't the only way a 9mm open gun would fall apart is only shooting matches with a crono stage?
My understanding is 140PF sounds major at a local

#31 shmella

shmella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

Also I'm not a fan of buying a $200+ comp.

Holy shit I didnt realize they were as expensive as they are. I take my statement back. SV comp in titanium is almost $400

#32 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

Holy shit I didnt realize they were as expensive as they are. I take my statement back. SV comp in titanium is almost $400

Yes. Absolutely ludicrous. The Atlas knockoff is a mere 200.

Or, you can get a CFD, LSI, EGW, etc in Ti for about 150-160.

#33 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

I might be out of my lane but, isn't the only way a 9mm open gun would fall apart is only shooting matches with a crono stage?
My understanding is 140PF sounds major at a local

Return to your sub-minor 105 PF ICORE poser ammo lane

• Yard Sale and racetaco like this

#34 CH3NO2

CH3NO2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:04 PM

in the one pic of....  Hero or Zero 

where is the selector lever to choose ?

or

is there like a LED light that indicates that  ?

kinda like instead of what was my time ?, you can just look if the hero or zero light is on ?

• Unibrain, barry owens, Matt1 and 3 others like this
NITRO
Nitromethane, nitrous oxide, nitrocellulose ....3 of my favorite things
To be sure of hitting the target , shoot 1st and call what ever u hit the target.

#35 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

in the one pic of....  Hero or Zero 

where is the selector lever to choose ?

or

is there like a LED light that indicates that  ?

kinda like instead of what was my time ?, you can just look if the hero or zero light is on ?

It has a switch on the back of the grip like the first autocockers in paintball

• SlivGod, GooldMember and CheesyD like this

#36 SlivGod

SlivGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationThe Good Land

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

It has a switch on the back of the grip like the first autocockers in paintball

Virtue Board with Breakout mode would be fucking ignorant.

You hook that up, I'll switch on the spot. 

• CheesyD likes this

"Forget the necessities, it's the luxuries I can't live without." 

#37 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:11 PM

Virtue Board with Breakout mode would be fucking ignorant.

You hook that up, I'll switch on the spot. 

Yes.

#38 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

I need work to hurry up so I can get the hell out of here to go test fire this beast. 

#39 Cranky Gunsmith

Cranky Gunsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:23 PM

Return to your sub-minor 105 PF ICORE poser ammo lane

ICORE has a 120 power factor. That 105 stuff is for the timmies in IDPA, cuz real world.
  • racetaco likes this

#40 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

I'll bite, That thing is about the same price as six gen 5 G19s. Or two fully decked out Zev gen 5 G19s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users