72 replies to this topic

#61 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

Had my second training session with the gun today. Worked on my steel shooting with some static steel. Last 60 rounds were spent shooting El Prez, since that is kinda a benchmark drill for me. Was really struggling to get good hits, I had three runs out of 5 with a mike. I was also kind of off the pace, fastest run was a 4.0 (-8) and slowest was a 4.3 (-1, and 2M).

Still loving this gun, but definitely need to practice with it more and get used to it.

#62 theManwithNoName

theManwithNoName

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:19 PM

What do you think is making it more difficult to shoot fast?  The total weight or the increased balance towards the rear?

How's the new DeltaPoint sight?

#63 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:35 AM

What do you think is making it more difficult to shoot fast? The total weight or the increased balance towards the rear?

How's the new DeltaPoint sight?

Oh I don't think it is actually more difficult to shoot fast, in fact I think I will probably be able to shoot it faster than my old gun once I'm used to it. I think it comes down to being "different" than my old one. The grip shape is different, the weight is different, it is flatter and softer... just gonna take getting used to. I still only have 2 practice sessions with it, so I think I will get back up to speed quickly based on how close I am.

As far as the DPP, I had one on my old gun as well, they are my favorite dot out there. I had an RTS2 before switching, and never really got used to the blue lens. Plus the DPP is much brighter.

#64 theManwithNoName

theManwithNoName

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:08 PM

How are you liking your new gun, now?

Have you ever thought about installing a gas pedal on it? 

Lots of Open shooters around here use gas pedals, most use the GoGun USA version...  I shot an Open gun with one over the weekend and it seemed to help increase my support hand grip on the gun...  which was good...  but it might take some getting used to...  I know you leave no stones unturned in your quest for speed, so I'm curious about your thoughts on gas pedals.

• ralloway likes this

#65 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

How are you liking your new gun, now? 

Have you ever thought about installing a gas pedal on it? 

Lots of Open shooters around here use gas pedals, most use the GoGun USA version...  I shot an Open gun with one over the weekend and it seemed to help increase my support hand grip on the gun...  which was good...  but it might take some getting used to...  I know you leave no stones unturned in your quest for speed, so I'm curious about your thoughts on gas pedals.

In order, shorter version:

It is super sick, I love it. Nothing I would change.

No, thumbrests are dumb.

Longer version:

It is super sick, I love it. The only changes I made were fitting those Wilson High ride safeties rather than the PTs, since the PTs just did not work at all with my grip. Since making that change, there has been nothing else that has struck me as worth changing. I do wish that the SV barrel was faster, since it is suuuuper slow. But that isn't really something I can change if I want to maintain the hybrid setup since Scheumann no longer exists. 

No, thumbrests are dumb. I have tried several (GoGun, RHT, Limcat, Nitro Fin), and not one has made a positive difference in my shooting. However, they did on occasion have a negative effect: after reloads while rebuilding my grip, my thumb slammed into them which not only hurts, but significantly fucks your grip and slows you down. One of my good frineds who shoots with a thumbrest all the time (has them on all his open guns) has just started shooting without one, and on Sunday in practice actually said "I don't miss it at all."

#66 theManwithNoName

theManwithNoName

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:46 PM

Glad your new gun is working out well... Thanks for the update...  I didn't see a thumb rest in your videos, but it was hard to tell...

I recently shot a friends Open gun with a GoGuns thumb rest...  It seemed helpful, but I was just shooting at rocks on an empty range...  I've never shot a gun with a thumb rest in an actual match...

Thanks for following up...  Always appreciate your honest answers...

#67 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:49 PM

Got my new safeties fit last week, and gave it a testfire of about 100 rounds. Was pulling consistent .14 splits

I pull .14 splits with a Glock. That gun is holding you back.

I'll trade you a Glock so you I can have a backup Open gun. I even have a 9mm Glock with a sideways C-More Slide Ride; you can just load it to Major and Bob's your uncle.

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#68 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:29 PM

He must have meant .14 transitions.

#69 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:42 PM

Hush, I'm working out a trade here.

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#70 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

He must have meant .14 transitions.

I wish, but alas... no. My slow ass trigger finger can't go faster than that. 

Hush, I'm working out a trade here.

That glock better come with unlimited ammo for the rest of forever

#71 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:37 PM

I have a Glock that shoots .11's.  Don't be a chump for Yard Sale's crap.

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#72 TCB

TCB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:06 AM

I do wish that the SV barrel was faster, since it is suuuuper slow.

I had an SV that was a full 10 PF slower than my Edge backup gun... so if I wanted to make major with the SV, I was potentially making a pipe bomb If I ever had to go to the backup STI... good times.

#73 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:01 AM

I had an SV that was a full 10 PF slower than my Edge backup gun... so if I wanted to make major with the SV, I was potentially making a pipe bomb If I ever had to go to the backup STI... good times.

That doesn't surprise me at all, that's about the difference with my new gun and old. It's crazy.

• TCB likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users