27 replies to this topic

#21 ShootsLikeaDog

ShootsLikeaDog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

So if one was intrigued by these ideas and had decided to subscribe to the newsletter, but wanted to do it as cheaply as possible, any recommendations on red dots?

#22 Beef

Beef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:11 PM

So if one was intrigued by these ideas and had decided to subscribe to the newsletter, but wanted to do it as cheaply as possible, any recommendations on red dots?

Cheap? Vortex Viper or Burris.
My preference is for bigger dots, using a 6moa Viper with no issues yet.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

#23 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

Deltapoint Pro 2.5MOA. About 350. The RTS2 is similar in price, though I don't like it as much due to the blue tinted lens and seemingly unending list of problems. I have a Burris fastfire and it has been great, especially for the sub-$200 price tag. I have heard mixed reviews regarding their durability as slide ride dots though.

• Stubb likes this

#24 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:07 PM

Another vote for the Delta Point Pro. I have had one on a G17 MOS for over a year with no issues.

#25 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:06 PM

Yup, I have two DP Pro's. I think it's the best dot on the market so far. Easy to sight in, easy adjustments, and no removal for battery changes.

#26 ShootsLikeaDog

ShootsLikeaDog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:02 AM

Deltapoint Pro 2.5MOA. About 350. The RTS2 is similar in price, though I don't like it as much due to the blue tinted lens and seemingly unending list of problems. I have a Burris fastfire and it has been great, especially for the sub-$200 price tag. I have heard mixed reviews regarding their durability was slide ride dots though.

Another vote for the Delta Point Pro. I have had one on a G17 MOS for over a year with no issues.

Yup, I have two DP Pro's. I think it's the best dot on the market so far. Easy to sight in, easy adjustments, and no removal for battery changes.

Based on the above unanimous endorsements, if I had any desire whatsoever to shoot this thing in a match, I would buy one immediately. 

As it stands, I found the Burris FastFire II at Cabela's for $150, and less than half the price is pretty tempting.  On the other hand, it's 4 MOA instead of 2.5 MOA and obviously less nice overall.  More contemplation is required, probably until they sell out of the FFII deal I mentioned above and make the decision for me by default.

#27 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:41 PM

Based on the above unanimous endorsements, if I had any desire whatsoever to shoot this thing in a match, I would buy one immediately. 

As it stands, I found the Burris FastFire II at Cabela's for $150, and less than half the price is pretty tempting.  On the other hand, it's 4 MOA instead of 2.5 MOA and obviously less nice overall.  More contemplation is required, probably until they sell out of the FFII deal I mentioned above and make the decision for me by default.

The fastfire is still a great little dot, and even if you decide you don't love it on the pistol it would be excellent as a 45* dot on a rifle, on a shotgun, on a steel challenge 22, a PCC, etc. For that cheap I would probably pick one up just to have an extra dot laying around

#28 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:57 PM

Echoing recommendation for DPP 2.5 MOA

It’s a fantastic dot.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic