40 replies to this topic

#41 V2plus25

V2plus25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

My first Tanfo I dropped in all the goodies (Titan, Bolo, new firing pin, extended FPB, etc) and did a moderate polish job.  For months I kept having intermittent light strikes both in DA and SA (7% or so) and unfortunately never was able to solve it.  It would happen with reloads with Win primers and several brands of factory ammo.  Got frustrated enough to send it to Joe at PD after spending way too much of my time off troubleshooting/polishing/replacing/test firing.  What a fucking pain!

While it was gone I got impatient and picked up a second Tanfo but this time left it all stock.  Lo and behold it ran perfectly with both factory loads and my reloads.  I spent the better part of a day polishing up everything, but with the exception of putting in a PD firing pin spring, 15.5 hammer spring, light-weight recoil guide rod and Henning grips she's still all stock.  With at least 8000 rounds through it now it has run perfectly without so much as 1 light strike.

So yeah leave well enough alone and use your time to practice and extra $$ for more ammo (or more Tanfos)!

Joe at PD was great and was kind enough to fit the BOLO to my first Tanfo (which is 1 thing I had not tried).  I've had no problems with my first Tanfo since getting it back from Joe but have also not run more than 50 rounds through it.  It's my backup gun now.  My second one is my primary gun and I'm just happy to have a Tanfo running well.  I don't care if it doesn't have the lightest 1911-ish trigger around.  The polish job smoothed things up considerably and knowing that the gun just runs outweighs any perceived benefits I might get from a better trigger.

The only time I wish the trigger were lighter is during WHO shots.  But that is easily overcome by practice and gripping the snot out of the gun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users