43 replies to this topic

#1 90lxracer

90lxracer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:49 PM

I did a pre-game walkthrough today, and one of the stages the swingers are shootable at rest. 

Why can't I just attempt to plug them at rest then activate the,.. OR just fling a couple shots at the activators and more on? 

I don't know one thing or another about these things.. tomorrow will be the first time ever trying to shoot at one so.. Just curious. 

• MennithVox and el.kuglov1953 like this

#2 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:56 PM

Shooting them at rest will definitely go a long way in learning how to shoot swingers.

• BenB, Doc and Stranger Danger like this
Bonafide asshole

#3 Cranky Gunsmith

Cranky Gunsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

http://www.lovepanky...les-of-swinging
  • Nimrod likes this

#4 vluc

vluc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:03 AM

Shoot it the way you want, we'll score it the way we have to.
  • Nimrod and Stranger Danger like this

#5 bpipe95

bpipe95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:46 AM

If there's a pineapple on the front stoop, it's game on.

#6 BenB

BenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:52 AM

Gaming your local club match? Bold move. Shows a lot of promise.

As a rule, I don't exploit stuff that I know won't be available at a bigger match. Unless there's prize money on the line, shoot the stage the way you're pretty sure it was designed, not out of some abstract sense of "designer's intent" but because that's the most effective practice (i.e. will give you the most true assessment of your abilities) you can get from that stage.

#7 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

Go nuts! Cheat like crazy, then have a temper tantrum when you get caught. The score for you efforts will be shown in the page count when you get your very own shitbag thread.
  • BenB, Just Some Random Hoser and Stranger Danger like this

#8 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:15 AM

Swingers... rules of engagement.

Swinger friend: one condom.
Swinger friend of friend: 2 condoms, purell.
Swinger stranger: no-shoot.
  • ralloway and Stranger Danger like this
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

#9 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:08 AM

As long as it's within the rules shoot targets as they are available per the stage brief. You're not honor bound to shoot them a certain way based on what the designer intended, nor should you give a crap. If they wanted you to shoot it a certain way they should have constructed barriers.

• slemmo, peterthefish, Matt1 and 1 other like this

#10 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

Is it a local match? If yes, does it specifically say in the WSB that swingers must be activated prior to engaging? 

If the answer to both questions above is yes, then you may not shoot them while they are just sitting there. Otherwise, go nuts. It is rare to be able to engage moving targets before they are moving at a major match however, so if you would like to get the best training possible out of the local match scenario then activate first. Might as well utilize the training opportunity you have.

#11 beerbaron

beerbaron

Shagga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:56 PM

Is it a local match? If yes, does it specifically say in the WSB that swingers must be activated prior to engaging?

If the answer to both questions above is yes, then you may not shoot them while they are just sitting there. Otherwise, go nuts. It is rare to be able to engage moving targets before they are moving at a major match however, so if you would like to get the best training possible out of the local match scenario then activate first. Might as well utilize the training opportunity you have.

Gooldy takes win with the serious answer.

At level 1s/local matches often they don't put enough vision barriers in place. So they just stipulate that the swinger must be 'activated' before 'engaged'.

I once thought I was a clever fuck when a local match had triple swingers and I realised I could see a small strip of about 3inches of each target. They were tough shots but perhaps I though easier than activating. Yep 6 procedural. D'oh. I argued my little heart out and got nowhere.

If you plan to engage it before activation listen carefully to the verbal briefing AND read the written briefing which should be posted up somewhere on the stage.

#12 Dennis Solarsky

Dennis Solarsky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

One of the stages at area 1 last year had the same thing. A swinger behind barrels that was visible at rest on the other side of the barrels...u had to move to that shooting position anyway for other targets so with a little extra lean u could plug 2 alphas than just tag the activator on the way to the next shooting position.i did it.. ended up with a alpha and a Charlie. Don't know if it saved a hole lot of time. But it was there.. so I did it lol

#13 Dennis Solarsky

Dennis Solarsky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

Almost every top guy out there will
Tell u the same thing. 99% of the time. Just shoot it how it's ment to be shot. More consistency. U go hero or zero...More often than not u end up with zero..

#14 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

Almost every top guy out there will
Tell u the same thing. 99% of the time. Just shoot it how it's ment to be shot. More consistency. U go hero or zero...More often than not u end up with zero..

There is no post count minimum here. Just throw “ur” shit up in the classifieds and move the fuck on.
  • Sweet T, GuanoLoco and Trigger Warning like this

#15 Dennis Solarsky

Dennis Solarsky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

Um...you got me...I guess??? Lol

#16 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

If you have the time to post in 12 ancient threads you have the time to spell out the word "you"

• MEISTERB likes this

#17 Dennis Solarsky

Dennis Solarsky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

My bad. I apologize, if I would have know that there was an age limit to post, and that not following said age limit was going to cause you so much butt hurt, I would have never posted. So again. I apologize from the bottom of my heart, and I will be sure to check myself and make sure I do not offend the sensitive people such as yourself.

#18 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:46 AM

What does the USPSA rulebook say?

In IPSC land everything you see can be shot, if at a match I was sniping a swinger before it was activated no one would even raise an eyebrow except to say nice shot or something. In USPSA this is not ok?

#19 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:00 AM

My bad. I apologize, if I would have know that there was an age limit to post, and that not following said age limit was going to cause you so much butt hurt, I would have never posted. So again. I apologize from the bottom of my heart, and I will be sure to check myself and make sure I do not offend the sensitive people such as yourself.

Offended? Nonsense, you'd need to try to accomplish that. I just think you're a dumbass, and I'm not alone.

#20 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:36 AM

He cant spell 'whole' or 'meant' either.

And he used a lowercase i when referring to himself, so he must be a midget.

Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users