#2 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

Man,,,,CO division is getting more tricked out every day!
  • CH3NO2 and toothandnail like this

#3 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:58 PM

Those PT safeties are a bad joke, after having them on my gun for the past 2 weeks. I'm switching. I ordered Wilson high rides. I was originally gonna get the doubletaps but the Wilson are more comfortable.

#4 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

Those PT safeties are a bad joke, after having them on my gun for the past 2 weeks. I'm switching. I ordered Wilson high rides. I was originally gonna get the doubletaps but the Wilson are more comfortable.

Another reason I shoot a Glock.

• Will likes this
I like to rewatch election night 2016 coverage and I want to marry a conservative black girl who likes to shoot.

#5 CH3NO2

CH3NO2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:11 PM

where do we think the slide will crack 1st ?

NITRO
Nitromethane, nitrous oxide, nitrocellulose ....3 of my favorite things
To be sure of hitting the target , shoot 1st and call what ever u hit the target.

#6 jnkranch

jnkranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:38 AM

Is that one of those HiPoints I keep hearing about?
  • toothandnail likes this

#7 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:47 PM

What about them was the bad joke? Quality or did they just not fit your hand? I shot a friends gun that had the low ride style safeties, but I'm not sure if they were PT. They didn't fit my meat hooks, but he has much smaller hands and likes them much better than the high rides.

#8 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:08 PM

There are a couple of dudes near me with the slide ride dots on their opens guns. I don't get it. Why, when you can frame mount it?  Lower height over bore? It can't be weight.

#9 dansedgli

dansedgli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

Isnt it a 3 gun thing. Easier to get a secure holster for a slide mounted dot.

#10 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

I like Wilson as well, customer gets what they want. We have had a few ask us to change them  after they try them out. Some love them.

#11 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:11 PM

There are a couple of dudes near me with the slide ride dots on their opens guns. I don't get it. Why, when you can frame mount it?  Lower height over bore? It can't be weight.

I have slide ride, like the HoB,

My son recently switched to frame mount. Says the added height isn't as bad as he thought it might be. Dot tracking is  somewhat easier.

I haven't shot his enough to get used to it.

#12 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:37 AM

Dot tracking is much improved with a frame mount, the additional weight is a non-issue, and the extra height over bore is not even noticeable after like one dryfire session.

As far as the PTs, the way the teardrop/detent is machined they want to turn themselves on all the time. I had Don make them significantly narrower than factory, and then after I got the gun I drilled the detent hole deep enough it is actually difficult to turn on, and yet I still turn the safeties on in recoil with my weak hand, where the meaty part of my thumb contacts the safety.... Damn high grip is killing me.

#13 ralloway

ralloway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGreensburg, PA

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:03 AM

I prefer aggressive front cocking serrations...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

---------------------------------
He's just this guy... ya know?!
---------------------------------

#14 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:57 PM

I prefer aggressive front cocking serrations...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lol

#15 theManwithNoName

theManwithNoName

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:54 PM

Curious to see how you like the Wilson high ride safeties...

My strong (right) hand presses against the safety when I shoot...  It's causing a callus on the outside knuckle of my right hand...  Thinking about getting a single left side safety so I can get my strong hand grip up higher...  Not sure why no one else uses a single non-ambi safety on their Open guns.

#16 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:51 AM

My strong (right) hand presses against the safety when I shoot...  It's causing a callus on the outside knuckle of my right hand...  Thinking about getting a single left side safety so I can get my strong hand grip up higher...  Not sure why no one else uses a single non-ambi safety on their Open guns.

Because if one is good, two is even gooder!

#17 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:01 AM

I like ambi safeties because I can turn the safeties off with my left hand when I draw to weak hand. My issue was with my left hand on the left side of the gun, but lots of people (like you) do have issues with the right side safety. I actually do see lots of guns with single side safeties for that reason. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users