Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:47 PM

12/27

Practice:
Gen3 17 #2
250 rounds
G31
10 rounds

Observations:
I set up a simulated plate rack using 8” paper plates @ 11 yards (GSSF). It’s not the same without the reaction of steel. Best strings in the 2.4’s average clean strings 2.6-2.7 seconds. My low ready starts were incredibly slow today, and I’ll contribute that partly to the cold and having so much clothing on.....but mostly sucking.

I tested the 124 match winner bullets in 357 sig with blue dot & federal 200 primers, I wasn’t shooting well enough to get any reliable accuracy results.

#142 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:33 PM

12/28

Practice:
Gen3 17 # 2&3
100 rounds
Gen5 17
50 rounds

Observations:
25 yard drill, 50 yard plate, long range plate. Nothing worthwhile results wise to annotate, I probably should have just gone fishing.

#143 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:53 PM

12/29

2018 season wrap:

Matches
2- GSSF
3- USPSA
4- ISSA
8-SCSA

Practice
83 days, 14,000+ rounds

Goals
99% using one platform......yes
SCSA make master...... almost
GSSF make master.......yes
Defensive pistol matches..... (club cancelled them this year) so N/A
USPSA make at least B.......nope (epic area 1 fail)
No regrets......................................................................................................ABSOLUTELY NONE!!

Observations:
I had a great year! I didn’t quite reach all the goals set at the beginning of this year, but I came friggn close. I don’t think my shooting made huge improvements, and that’s OK because what I really needed was to improve my mental game and match performance. That was the biggest advance I made.
I need to put some real thought into my goals and plans for 2019.

#144 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:49 PM

What do you think you need to improve upon to make B in USPSA?

That’s generally a pretty easy goal for someone who has been practicing any amount, for a year or more. I exepct someone who regualrly updates an online journal to make B without a lot of struggle.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#145 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:47 PM

What do you think you need to improve upon to make B in USPSA?

That’s generally a pretty easy goal for someone who has been practicing any amount, for a year or more. I exepct someone who regualrly updates an online journal to make B without a lot of struggle.

All I need to do is shoot enough classifiers next year and I could probably jump into A class. It just wasn’t a priority this season, I can only go to so many matches and Steel was my top choice.

#146 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

01/04

Testing:
Gen4 17
300 rounds

Observations:
I picked up a Zev slide milled for a DPP yesterday, and pulled all the guts out of the factory MOS slide & the dot. It felt very rough and tight but there was no malfunctions. After sighting it in plus running 300 rounds through it and a cleaning it has smoothed out. It seems to have made ejection far more consistent. I haven’t spent any effort trying to test if it improved accuracy, but I’m confident it’s at least as good as the factory slide. I think the way the DPP attaches to this slide is way stronger than the MOS. If you weren’t sure what dot to use I can see it as an option, but I just had too much trouble with the screws backing out to trust it.

#147 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:58 PM

01/11

Practice:
Gen3 17 #2
100 rounds
Gen4 DPP
100 rounds
19x
100 rounds

Observations:
I set up pendulum and shot it fron 25 & 15 yards. I didn’t really put a hard focus on any particular skills, just wanted to kind of get back into the steel groove.

#148 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:27 PM

01/12

Practice:
Gen3 17 #2
500 rounds
19x
100 rounds
RFPO
100 rounds

Observations:
I did two separate sessions today an AM and a PM. I built an additional plate stand so I could set up a simulated plate rack (6 plates).
In the AM I worked on pushing absolute peak speed, best strings in the very low 2’s. When I went back out in the afternoon I started with the 17 treating the first four strings as if it was a match. Times were 2.42, 2.41, 2.42, 2.42 for a total of 9.67 needless to say I was VERY pleased! The rest of the practice was spent just having fun. My expectation for match mode was to be around 12 seconds and after CRUSHING that time I was in too good of a mood for true focus.
On a side note, I’ve been experimenting on shooting with gloves. Results have been mixed, grip has been awesome but trigger control has not. I think getting proficient while using gloves could be a decisive advantage for early spring time matches, with the added benefit of longer more efficient winter practice.

#149 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

01/13

Practice:
G30sf
100 rounds
Gen3 17 #2
150 rounds
RFPO
100 rounds

Observations:
Simulated plate rack @ 15 yards and some long rang plate. Plate rack work was slow and some what frustrating today. I spent the morning reloading so some of my shortcomings I’l Contribute to tired hands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users