Photo

Is the USPSA Finally Buying PractiScore?

USPSA Buys PractiScore

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 eyesopenedatlast

eyesopenedatlast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

Actually, the way open-source products get better is by people scratching their own itch by fixing bugs that affect them or implementing features they think the software is missing. Go offering nothing but unsolicited criticism to any decent FOSS project and expect to get met with a chorus of "pull requests welcome!" responses from the devs. Meaning, "thanks for pointing that out. Fix it and we'll incorporate your changes. In the meantime, we've got real shit to worry about."

Yeah that’s pretty much it, plus ps isn’t open source but they’re certainly receptive (now) to issues. Jc wren had suggestions 2-3 years back for the program plus (just as importantly) how one of their people was doing his albeit volunteer job, and he ended up getting his suggestions implemented on the Apple side (the very excellent Match Progress charts),and was also brought in himself to the development team.

Thanks for the clarification, TrannyOakley; great post, much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#62 theManwithNoName

theManwithNoName

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:54 PM

Yeah that’s pretty much it, plus ps isn’t open source but they’re certainly receptive (now) to issues. Jc wren had suggestions 2-3 years back for the program plus (just as importantly) how one of their people was doing his albeit volunteer job, and he ended up getting his suggestions implemented on the Apple side (the very excellent Match Progress charts),and was also brought in himself to the development team. Thanks for the clarification, TrannyOakley; great post, much appreciated. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a pretty staunch Android supporter, but those iOS match progress charts rock...  Would love for the Android PS to get them...  Very useful on large matches.

• eyesopenedatlast likes this

#63 eyesopenedatlast

eyesopenedatlast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:15 PM

I'm a pretty staunch Android supporter, but those iOS match progress charts rock... Would love for the Android PS to get them... Very useful on large matches.

Tell the ps folks. Ken Nelson can be found on FB, I believe, or maybe there’s a contact link on Practiscore.com.

#64 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:53 PM

Eugene Kuleshov handles the Andriod app stuff for Practiscore

Russell works for Ken and does the iOS app stuff

there are a couple of others that handle the website that are employees at NyftyBytes

• eyesopenedatlast likes this

#65 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:07 AM

Jc wren had suggestions 2-3 years back for the program plus (just as importantly) how one of their people was doing his albeit volunteer job, and he ended up getting his suggestions implemented on the Apple side (the very excellent Match Progress charts),and was also brought in himself to the development team.

JC isn’t doing any development these days. He was working in a pick ass program called PMM that would automatically pull scores and showed match progress in real time. Sadly he’s given up on that project and put the source out on github.

Not to be confused with ZachJ

#66 eyesopenedatlast

eyesopenedatlast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:34 AM

I saw PMM at a State match years ago. It was really spectacular and shooters gravitated to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users