#1 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:54 AM

I've doing some research and I've learned that the best Limited Shooters in the world shoot Glocks.  And since I have a Glock 35 I figured I'll shoot limited this year (maybe).

But I don't have any good load books with data for 180 grain coated bullets and what I'm reading on BENOS is a bit scary.

I have Tight Group and Competition.  Ramshot says 3.5 gets me to 850 at 31kpsi.  Reading people going up to 4.2.  WTF is that even legal!  Nothing about TG anywhere with coated bullets.

To be fair, I do have some AA#2 but that stuff is way to slow. Takes almost 5g to make major.  Please, somebody share their TG or Comp load so I load .40 on the edge of danger.

• zapedKag, mir2017lor and el.kuglov1953 like this

I am an inventor and Firearms Industry Subject Matter Expert. 

#2 TrackCage

TrackCage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

I've doing some research and I've learned that the best Limited Shooters in the world shoot Glocks. And since I have a Glock 35 I figured I'll shoot limited this year (maybe).

But I don't have any good load books with data for 180 grain coated bullets and what I'm reading on BENOS is a bit scary.

I have Tight Group and Competition. Ramshot says 3.5 gets me to 850 at 31kpsi. Reading people going up to 4.2. WTF is that even legal! Nothing about TG anywhere with coated bullets.
To be fair, I do have some AA#2 but that stuff is way to slow. Takes almost 5g to make major. Please, somebody share their TG or Comp load so I load .40 on the edge of danger.

Loading coated lead is not fucking complicated. Pretty much use any lead data and/or close to minimum fmj data.

4.5gr titegroup with a 180gr acme coated @ 1.14" yields 171 PF in my Glock 22

#3 Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • LocationMilpenis, Ca.

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:01 PM

I've doing some research and I've learned that the best Limited Shooters in the world shoot Glocks.  And since I have a Glock 35 I figured I'll shoot limited this year (maybe).

I have Tight Group and Competition.  Ramshot says 3.5 gets me to 850 at 31kpsi.  Reading people going up to 4.2.  WTF is that even legal!  Nothing about TG anywhere with coated bullets.

To be fair, I do have some AA#2 but that stuff is way to slow. Takes almost 5g to make major.  Please, somebody share their TG or Comp load so I load .40 on the edge of danger.

You're asking advice here, when what you're reading on BENOS is frightening to you?  Boyo are you ever in the wrong place!  WTF are you worried about if "that is even legal?"  Legal where?  USPSA or 'Murica?  Put your big boy pants on and load that thing up like a real man.....way past the "CYA" reloading manual maximums.  Then when your polymelter wondergun goes KA-BLAMMO!!!! you can move up to a real gun like an STI or SVI, made out of steel, OK, OK and a little bit of plastic.  Then you can load long and use E3 Diamond Fire sparkplugs, oops wrong E3 or go real old skool and load 4.8grs of Clays with a jacketed 180 gr JHP.  If you want to get a bunch of old biddies in a tizzy, go back to the tea circle at VAGENOS and watch the fainting and swooning.

#4 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:47 PM

Okay well that was interesting...  I've loaded a ton of .40 with TG but for my Edge with plated or jacketed bullets and loaded long.  4.7gr gets me 170pf with a 180 FMJ so if you're loading to SAMMI specs I'd start at 4.0 and go up from there.  It's toats cool to start at a minor load and work your way up if you have a chrono.  I would wait for Barry to chime in regarding kaboom though as he's the SME.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#5 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

You're asking advice here, when what you're reading on BENOS is frightening to you?  Boyo are you ever in the wrong place!  WTF are you worried about if "that is even legal?"  Legal where?  USPSA or 'Murica?  Put your big boy pants on and load that thing up like a real man.....way past the "CYA" reloading manual maximums.  Then when your polymelter wondergun goes KA-BLAMMO!!!! you can move up to a real gun like an STI or SVI, made out of steel, OK, OK and a little bit of plastic.  Then you can load long and use E3 Diamond Fire sparkplugs, oops wrong E3 or go real old skool and load 4.8grs of Clays with a jacketed 180 gr JHP.  If you want to get a bunch of old biddies in a tizzy, go back to the tea circle at VAGENOS and watch the fainting and swooning.

Thanks for the info and as you've pointed out, Vagenos is worthless these days. 

I took a break last year and am going to make a come back.  I used to train a lot, Dry Fire, live fire, etc.  I used to shoot minor because I knew how to aim fast and hit fast like my mentor (RIP TLG).  But I'm getting older and would rather get that sweet 4 points for C zone hits and drop poppers with edge hits.  Plus I've been doing some USPSA math and if I had been shooting major all this time I would have easily made Grand Bragger. 

Yeah, loading past book max is not my thing.  I don't jump out of airplanes or actually play with fire either. 

I know how to do reloading math and believe that one powder load data will work for another because they are close on the load chart.  I guess I should just substitute this for that and go for it...

#6 Beef

Beef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

At what should be a Glock friendly length of 1.15" an SNS 180 over 4.4gr of TG averaged 165.4pf out a 4.25" M&P; 4.5gr put it at 170pf averaged.

I haven't used Competition, but given it's proximity to Red Dot on the burn chart I'd expect it to make about the same velocity with two tenths of a grain less, chrono, work up, have least favored child/friend pull trigger.

#7 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

There’s probably a waiting list to be your least favorite friend.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#8 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:14 PM

Appreciate more tips or shared data.  180 SNS w/ Competition and Tight Group.

#9 Dutchman195

Dutchman195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:17 PM

I use 98% TG and 180gr Bayou Bullets. 4.3 will get me there in my SS gun, Can turn it up to 5gr of TG and still not be worried about anything. 

• Alfred Salveti likes this

#10 shanko21ltd

shanko21ltd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

I used ramshot comp with 200gr bayous loaded to 4gr at 1.19 oal out of a 2011 that made 170pf at area 7.

#11 Shootability

Shootability

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:11 AM

I load poly 180s with 4.5tg in my G35 and make major.  You may want to buy w231 next time around since it is a bit cooler burning and smells better with poly if that matters to you.

If you want a clean load switch to plated and go TG - use jacketed load data and chrono.

• ralloway likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users