• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 mx5

mx5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • LocationMiddle of the least populated state.

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

Pricks closed our range. WTF? I confess, I have just been messing with you guys to liven things up and blow off some steam. My bitching about the dirty politics in my little town was just me venting. Normally, I would chalk it all up to a lesson learned and go on with life. However, the last straw has to do with our local range.

Here's the reader's digest version. Our range is on a Bureau of Land Management lease. Unfortunately, our local town fathers haven't had the funding stream or enough give a shit factor to keep us in compliance with the lease agreement. When we chartered USPSA WY04, our club got a bit of money scrounged together, matched the funds with in kind labor and got the club going. While we were at it we made other range improvements to get us compliant with the BLM lease. It wasn't a ton of money, but the total was around $32,000.00 in the last 15 years or there about.

In 2007 our mayor signed a 25 year lease renewal. I think he just pencil whipped the agreement. Anyhow, he certified that we were operating and maintaining an archery range. Unfortunately, the archery range was never developed. When the BLM folks looked at the archery range, all they found was undeveloped land and a shit load of dumping where the local shit bags haul everything from household waste to refrigerators. It's a mess. There were other issues as well. 

After working with the BLM, we collectively decided it would be best to deed the land over to the town. That would get us out from under the lease requirements, allow us to lock the undeveloped land, and run the range in perpetuity as the town saw fit. Before I could all of that to come together, a third party entered the picture. There is nothing but high plains desert surrounding the range. Desert or not, there is an old homestead south of our range. The owner was on the old family homestead doing improvements when a bunch of shooters on our range decided to shoot steel targets, rocks, etc., that they had placed on BLM property off of our range, and only 110 feet from the neighbor. Well the shit hit the fan. I talked the neighbor down. The solution was simple, we build a berm to block line of sight to the neighbor's property, make our expectations known to range users, and castrate anyone shooting 50 BMG rifles at rocks off of range property.

Up to that point, the conversations were by telephone and by e-mail. I asked the neighbor to put his concerns and suggested remedies in writing so we could get a paper trail together for him, the town, and the BLM. Well now, our town attorney didn't like the tone of the guy's letter so she advised the town to immediately close the range, panic at the wheel, do all of this in an executive session, and just generally go into orbit mode. I did a little checking on our town attorney and it turns out she is from Chicago (so is our mayor) and she is so damn liberal that she was fired from the County Attorney's Office for failing to prosecute criminal cases in line with adopted policy. Apparently, (hyperbole to follow) the gal would plea bargain rape of a thirteen year old down to tailgating or following to close for conditions. People who think the "anti's" can't get a toehold in redneck country need to get a clue.

But wait there's more, but limitations on post length won't allow me to tell you the rest of the story. Anyhow, I knew I couldn't take the town to task on this and other issues, while being part of the good old boy system, so I bailed and took them to task. We have five members of our governing body, and only one of them ever heard of the second amendment. The town mayor doesn't care is the range is open or closed, and he thinks closing the only public range in the area is no big deal. The other two members are tough to read and they bob their heads when the mayor talks like mechanical dog on a low rider dashboard. Get this, the one and only pro-gun council member couldn't even convince the town council to open the range under his supervision over Christmas time so kids and others could shoot their Christmas toys. Furthermore, our USPSA club doesn't even have access to our shooting supplies, props., etc., unless I chase down the town cop, follow him to his house to get the key, follow him to the range, etc. 

Honestly guys, I am just f'ing burned out. I don't shoot much USPSA anymore, and around here we (the club) don't even know if the club is viable with such a low population. I don't need the local rifle range. I have a 1500 yard range on a friends property. 

​Right now I am in the process of letting the public know what is going on with local government. The one decent town council member has taken up where I left off with the BLM. I joined a newly formed local club and I'll be bringing them up to speed with the relationships with the adjacent property owner, terms of the BLM lease, status of the undeveloped lands, what went on in the super secret illegal executive session, etc.

Thanks for letting me vent. BTW, I am still working on that warning point that I was after in 2015.

• warpspeed, Mistadobalina, GuanoLoco and 1 other like this

"...wheeling out to my vehicle (in a wheel chair) with a walker across my lap."

#2 Travis B

Travis B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

TLDR. How long until you “rage quit” again?
  • JoeyBagODonuts and MEISTERB like this

#3 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

TLDR. How long until you “rage quit” again?

Sounds like about twice a day at one thing or the other.
  • JoeyBagODonuts, Peally and MEISTERB like this

#4 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:42 PM

Fuck. Off. Already.
  • JoeyBagODonuts, Peally and MEISTERB like this

#5 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:47 PM

hey wall of text-fuck blm land.  you cheap bastards should have just bought land like the rest of us.

• JoeyBagODonuts and Stranger Danger like this

#6 racetaco

racetaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

Talk to your doctor and get back on your medication
  • JoeyBagODonuts, Stranger Danger and MEISTERB like this

#7 Alfred Salveti

Alfred Salveti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • LocationSugar City, USA

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

I read the first 3 paragraphs before I lost interest. 

Sounds like you ought to spend less time trolling and more time running your local range.

Instead of waiting for other people to step up; you should step up.

• Stranger Danger likes this

I am an inventor and Firearms Industry Subject Matter Expert. 

#8 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

Wyoming. Not even once.

• BillNye likes this

#9 JoeyBagODonuts

JoeyBagODonuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

Talk to your doctor and get back on your medication

And start playing that fucking guitar.
  • Stranger Danger likes this

Wait, I smell more than donuts...

#10 u sofa king we todd ed

u sofa king we todd ed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:14 PM

So, there are 32 permanent residents of Wyoming, and you somehow managed to piss 30 of them off...
  • racetaco and Stranger Danger like this

#11 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:15 PM

hey wall of text-fuck blm land.  you cheap bastards should have just bought land like the rest of us.

+1 Never invite the man into your life.  Inviting him into your gun stuff is even worse.  Fuck government.

• Yard Sale likes this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#12 Perfecto

Perfecto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • LocationIn the sauna, naked.

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

And start playing that fucking guitar.

It's called banjo.

• JoeyBagODonuts and Part Of Me like this

~ Does Your lack of skill require a rifle in pistol matches? ~

#13 Mistadobalina

Mistadobalina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

Pricks closed our range. WTF? I confess, I have just been messing with you guys to liven things up and blow off some steam. My bitching about the dirty politics in my little town was just me venting. Normally, I would chalk it all up to a lesson learned and go on with life. However, the last straw has to do with our local range.

Here's the reader's digest version. Our range is on a Bureau of Land Management lease. Unfortunately, our local town fathers haven't had the funding stream or enough give a shit factor to keep us in compliance with the lease agreement. When we chartered USPSA WY04, our club got a bit of money scrounged together, matched the funds with in kind labor and got the club going. While we were at it we made other range improvements to get us compliant with the BLM lease. It wasn't a ton of money, but the total was around $32,000.00 in the last 15 years or there about.

In 2007 our mayor signed a 25 year lease renewal. I think he just pencil whipped the agreement. Anyhow, he certified that we were operating and maintaining an archery range. Unfortunately, the archery range was never developed. When the BLM folks looked at the archery range, all they found was undeveloped land and a shit load of dumping where the local shit bags haul everything from household waste to refrigerators. It's a mess. There were other issues as well. 

After working with the BLM, we collectively decided it would be best to deed the land over to the town. That would get us out from under the lease requirements, allow us to lock the undeveloped land, and run the range in perpetuity as the town saw fit. Before I could all of that to come together, a third party entered the picture. There is nothing but high plains desert surrounding the range. Desert or not, there is an old homestead south of our range. The owner was on the old family homestead doing improvements when a bunch of shooters on our range decided to shoot steel targets, rocks, etc., that they had placed on BLM property off of our range, and only 110 feet from the neighbor. Well the shit hit the fan. I talked the neighbor down. The solution was simple, we build a berm to block line of sight to the neighbor's property, make our expectations known to range users, and castrate anyone shooting 50 BMG rifles at rocks off of range property.

Up to that point, the conversations were by telephone and by e-mail. I asked the neighbor to put his concerns and suggested remedies in writing so we could get a paper trail together for him, the town, and the BLM. Well now, our town attorney didn't like the tone of the guy's letter so she advised the town to immediately close the range, panic at the wheel, do all of this in an executive session, and just generally go into orbit mode. I did a little checking on our town attorney and it turns out she is from Chicago (so is our mayor) and she is so damn liberal that she was fired from the County Attorney's Office for failing to prosecute criminal cases in line with adopted policy. Apparently, (hyperbole to follow) the gal would plea bargain rape of a thirteen year old down to tailgating or following to close for conditions. People who think the "anti's" can't get a toehold in redneck country need to get a clue.

But wait there's more, but limitations on post length won't allow me to tell you the rest of the story. Anyhow, I knew I couldn't take the town to task on this and other issues, while being part of the good old boy system, so I bailed and took them to task. We have five members of our governing body, and only one of them ever heard of the second amendment. The town mayor doesn't care is the range is open or closed, and he thinks closing the only public range in the area is no big deal. The other two members are tough to read and they bob their heads when the mayor talks like mechanical dog on a low rider dashboard. Get this, the one and only pro-gun council member couldn't even convince the town council to open the range under his supervision over Christmas time so kids and others could shoot their Christmas toys. Furthermore, our USPSA club doesn't even have access to our shooting supplies, props., etc., unless I chase down the town cop, follow him to his house to get the key, follow him to the range, etc. 

Honestly guys, I am just f'ing burned out. I don't shoot much USPSA anymore, and around here we (the club) don't even know if the club is viable with such a low population. I don't need the local rifle range. I have a 1500 yard range on a friends property. 

​Right now I am in the process of letting the public know what is going on with local government. The one decent town council member has taken up where I left off with the BLM. I joined a newly formed local club and I'll be bringing them up to speed with the relationships with the adjacent property owner, terms of the BLM lease, status of the undeveloped lands, what went on in the super secret illegal executive session, etc.

Thanks for letting me vent. BTW, I am still working on that warning point that I was after in 2015.

Wow... I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to get it sorted out. Have you reached out to USPSA HQ for any guidance on getting things back on track?

Mista Dobalina, Mista Bob Dobalina

Mista Bob Dobalina, won't you quit?

You really make me sick with ya fraudulent behavior
You're gonna make me flip and then an army couldn't save ya

#14 Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:46 AM

So how is coming on here crying about the shit going to solve a damn thing? I doubt any of the other 33 residents of your home state are even on this forum. Take your rage and ambition and put it to good use. For fuck sakes you’re only 31 votes away from governor of the state. Get to work fool and quit trying to turn this forum into an Opra rerun

#15 mx5

mx5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • LocationMiddle of the least populated state.

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

Instead of waiting for other people to step up; you should step up.

You have it just backwards. I was in on the ground floor of building the range in 1985, been the prime mover behind the improvements and maintenance ever since. Co-founded "Wind River Practical Shooters" in 2001, which became WY04 when we became a section. Been doing the stats, set-up, tear down, range maintenance, and building the props for the last 16 years. FWIW, I am the person the town tasked with straightening the mess out in the first place. I am pretty sure I could get the BLM to deed all of the property over to our town. I am also positive I could be in the position of managing the range. I tried that route, but I just couldn't put up with the lying, corruption, and other bull crap. Yeah, I know, you don't give a shit.

Answer me this smart ass, why should I drown in the deep end of the pool trying to save the shooting sports when others won't even splash around in the shallow end? ​I did make a decision over the weekend. I am finished. I will make the payment to re-affiliate WY04 for 2018, but for all practical purposes, the club is dead. We will probably relocate most of our stuff to a neighboring club and travel to shoot.

So how is coming on here crying about the shit going to solve a damn thing?

Doesn't solve shit. Jut wanted to confirm what I already knew. Some of you guys do support the shooting sports and you probably want to see USPSA grow in a positive direction. Too many of you are just jaded assholes, and that's OK. Freedom of speech and all that shit. Besides, I thought I would stop by and work on that warning point. As for trolling, what the fuck is wrong with that, hell this is Doodie.

Good luck to you folks and keep calling it like you see it. I'll stop by in a couple of years to work on that warning point. In the mean time, some of you guys need to step up with your wallet and some elbow grease. 

Edited to add:

I know a bunch of you have the piss on Wyoming attitude. Typifies the "war on the west" movement that has gone on for years. I really do wish the US would kick us out of the "Union". After all, we are the leading net producer of energy in the country. God forbid the US should ever need to depend on uranium. We have the largest reserves of any state in the Union with more discoveries every year. We bring more to the table than we take away than any other state. How do think people like Dick Cheney and Alan Simpson rose to positions of power? Many of your states bring little more to the table than a few groceries (and lord knows we have a surplus of those), and some tax money. Even then, you bitch about your taxes, and some of you probably even cheat a bit. 

• slemmo likes this

"...wheeling out to my vehicle (in a wheel chair) with a walker across my lap."

#16 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

We're just jaded assholes when you're around.

#17 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:36 AM

This thread lacks context.
  • Part Of Me likes this

#18 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

Good luck to you folks and keep calling it like you see it. I'll stop by in a couple of years to work on that warning point. In the mean time, some of you guys need to step up with your wallet and some elbow grease. 

sounds like another rage quit.  

• MEISTERB likes this

#19 phil datpus

phil datpus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

Wyoming should team up with Kazakhstan and teach the world what a real uranium power house is.  

#20 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

Lots of stuff is thankless, the trick is to spend you time on things that are intrinsically important to you and that don’t require thanks from others.
  • ralloway and Beef like this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users