10 replies to this topic

#1 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

They should straight up take those mutha-fuckers who were the stakeholders and decision makers in choosing that POS, arm them with it, and then send them outside the fucking wire!!!

http://www.businessi...problems-2018-1

#2 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

http://www.dote.osd....rmy/2017mhs.pdf

#3 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

You should research more on the history of small arms and the US Army. This is a 150 year old problem. 

• Alma likes this

#4 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:34 AM

This is a 150 year old problem. 

And so is their training.

That grip..............

soldier%20m17%20modular%20handgun%20syst

• Alma and racetaco like this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#5 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:30 AM

Its always been a problem when you have a committee, and make decisions based off what they think, instead of what folks on the ground know....It will never change; it is what it is.

I used to tell me my guys when I hear someone say "It is what it is"... is because someone fucked up and didn't plan shit out.

That fucked up pistol "Is what it is"...

How in the fuck can you have stoppages at 237 rounds?

Fuck!!!!

Explain that to me.

Shit, I go out and practice with my Shadow and G17, G19 and shoot hundreds of rounds, with Freedom Munitions ammo and have NEVER had that happen...it is what it is.

Just like when you hit a popper dead center in the calibration zone, the stage following chrono, with the exact same batch of ammo, and the call for calibration is made, and when the cal shot it hits and it falls...it is what it is....and I cuss nationals and USPSA to this day for shitty ass policies and procedures...it is what it is.

#6 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:09 AM

They won the contract because they delivered exactly what the DOD wanted. It’s pretty simple really, had the the other companies followed the specs it may have been a better competition. Beretta and Sig were the only ones to attempt a modular pistol so it came down to them. Glock et al had their heads so far up their own asses that they could smell how shitty their 1980 design was. Follow directions people.
  • Alma likes this

#7 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

Army response:
"PEO Soldier agreed and told Military.com that the Army will modify "our marksmanship training to ensure that operators do not unintentionally engage the slide catch lever when firing the MHS," Dawson said."
https://www.military....liability.html

#8 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

That fucked up pistol "Is what it is"...
How in the fuck can you have stoppages at 237 rounds?
Fuck!!!!
Explain that to me.

Because "stoppage" includes failure to lock back slide on empty. This particular "stoppage" accounted for the vastly majority of incidents. Furthermore the stoppages were primarily caused by 8 of 132 shooters. In other words eight guys have to learn how to grip the gun without holding down the slide catch.

#9 Area H8

Area H8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSitting down.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:51 PM

Learn to do it wrong in order to do it right.

Another bad design. But SIG’s been making them that way for decades now. It’s a shame so many modern designs keep incorporating this design flaw, or are like Glock, unwilling to adopt minor changes to the controls that would negate the problem in most instances.

Save your typing, I already know the company line.
Foley stole my B zone.

#10 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:25 AM

Learn to do it wrong in order to do it right.

Another bad design. But SIG’s been making them that way for decades now. It’s a shame so many modern designs keep incorporating this design flaw, or are like Glock, unwilling to adopt minor changes to the controls that would negate the problem in most instances.

Save your typing, I already know the company line.

There is actually a lower profile slide catch that ships on all of the non X-line civilian guns that fits nicely inside a walled off area on the grip module. I suspect that someone at DOD wanted the larger forward swept slide catch (the same one on the X guns) to make it easier to release the slide. You can pick one or the other but you can't have it both ways.

#11 Just Some Random Hoser

Just Some Random Hoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

Yeah....it is what it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users