flyingpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:35 AM

Hello gentlemen,

Not sure I'm going to be happy to meet you all but here goes.

I'm 52 years old going on 25. Probably the only punk rocker in the big city of Chicago shooting USPSA. I figured I had to do something to get out of the bars so I started shooting again. Living here in the midwest I've had the opportunity to shoot many matches in my first year of competition (almost every weekend this past summer).

Shot my first USPSA match ( a classifier) this past spring without the slightest clue of what the hell I was doing.  Planted my ass squarely in "D" class single stack, but what the hell, I figured I would just jump in. Withing a couple of matches I climbed into the mid "C" single stack with my 4" barrel carry gun. No dry fire. Just matches. Now I've decided to try and get a bit more serious and see where I can end up. I figure I've got a few more years of real competition before I start getting just plain old.

So a few months back I upgraded to a CZ Shadow 2 , and have shot a few indoor matches this winter in Production (I'll be staying here for the foreseeable future). I think I am 2 or 3 classifiers away from making  B class. I'm pretty much dryfiring every day now and have found places to practice several times a week. My speed is up but my accuracy is down. Hit factors however are definitely going up despite the drop off in accuracy.

This coming spring I will be shooting a class with Mr. BS himself, and we'll find out where I end up after this year of shooting. If I'm still "C" class I'm quitting and demanding my money back from the class. Ha ha. NO....I'm addicted now and will be shooting this USPSA for some time to come. 

Well...there you have it. Looking forward to lurking this forum and being abused by youz guys..

#2 Can

Can

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:54 AM

More dry than the sandpaper blowjob I received this weekend.

qnFmwmR.jpg

#3 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

Pretty vanilla for a punk rocker.

But at least you made an effort to be informative, compared to the recent trash that has been dropped on our doorstep.

#4 GooldMember

GooldMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

Production is lame, but good on you for buying the new hotness. 

Re: Hit factors up, while accuracy down: Focus on shooting things in the middle at the same new found high-C blazing speed you have, and you will quickly climb to mid B. Since most people go through the typical "not accurate, not fast -> very accurate, not fast -> not accurate, kinda fast -> not accurate, blazing fast -> mostly accurate, mostly fast" cycle. Short circuit that and you will efficiently be laying hate on your compatriots and blazing classifiers like a pro. 

Pay attention in the class to how to practice. You aren't probably gonna gain a ton of technical skill in one or two days of practice, but if you pay attention then you should be able to learn how to practice afterwards and improve a lot. 

• GuanoLoco likes this

#5 flyingpig

flyingpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:10 PM

On a side note: I'm a slightly above average "c" class shooter at USPSA and currently top 100 (best 26th) of 1000 on leaderboard of all classifier stages for 2018 IDPA.

IDPA shooters suck!!       ;)  :rolleyes:

• warpspeed likes this

#6 3gundago

3gundago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:24 PM

On a side note: I'm a slightly above average "c" class shooter at USPSA and currently top 100 (best 26th) of 1000 on leaderboard of all classifier stages for 2018 IDPA.

IDPA shooters suck!!       ;)  :rolleyes:

learn something early and often-self aggrandizement here is considered gay.

#7 flyingpig

flyingpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:39 PM

learn something early and often-self aggrandizement here is considered gay.

"slightly above average "c" class shooter" ? derp. haha

#8 Douchy

Douchy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:20 PM

"slightly above average "c" class shooter" ? derp. haha

Isn’t that like being the tallest midget in the freak show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • warpspeed, GooldMember and Stranger Danger like this

#9 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,237 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:47 PM

The siphon in the applicant pool continues to be clogged with sledge.
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#10 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:15 PM

WTF this dude is so old, we can’t even request his wife’s saggy titties in the sacred thread. There is no hope for this one, he’ll probably die soon or retire to SASS anyway.

#11 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,112 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:33 AM

You are old, slow and suck. If you invest a lot of time and resources you can suck a lot less before you get older and die.

I am informed, but I am not very entertained and am wavering on whether your intro deserves a much-coveted BOD.

Hmmm...well, you shoot Production, which is les gay than Open, and that pushed me over the edge.

I award you a jumbo bag of 50+ year old dicks dropped off by some former punk rockers that didn’t need them anymore. A couple might have just fallen off from disease and/or disuse. Eat them all, and don’t play with your food.

Welcome to Doodie.
  • Stranger Danger likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#12 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:55 AM

Don't worry about the BS class, it has a money back guarantee.  If you don't get anything out of it, you'll wish you had your money back guaranteed.

I assume you are here to talk about mods to production guns or directing current through the skull to shave .02 off El Pres.  If not, I'm as dejected as the undercurrent of Guano's ratifying post above indicates he must be at the contentless landscape ahead.

On injured reserve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users