Photo

Production just got a little less productiony...

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#161 Bjorn

Bjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:57 PM

who the hell cares?

it wouldn't change the match finishes one bit if we shitcanned a bunch more production rules and just left a few:

1. start with an actual production gun, da/sa or striker

2. fit in the box.

3. scored minor.

4. 10 rounds (or 15 if you're a euro-fag)

5. no external magwells, or some other reasonable way of defining that.

it would be the exact same division, the same guys would win, and it would cause less headache for everyone except the extreme reactionaries.

so far, the only arguments I've seen from the people that don't like the new rules are "fixing something that wasn't broken" and "it won't level the playing field". Those are stupid arguments. Tell me why the rule change is bad. How will it make production worse? How will it negatively affect competitive equity or participation or any other actual thing. (your hurt feelings are not a thing, btw).

the more I shoot other divisions, the more i realize the production rules are dumb.

I agree. People seem to get hung up on the title of the division, which didn't make sense from the beginning. Call it "Production" but define the rules as 9mm, non-SA, 10/15 rounds, with unclear modifications (and a 5lbs. trigger in IPSC). 

It would be super easy to cut down on the rules and keep true production guns just as competitive as they are now.

#162 Part Of Me

Part Of Me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:02 PM

I find it funny that the people who bitch about new rules the most are the same people who say that the gun does not matter. 

• bailey likes this

#163 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:59 PM

I find it funny that the people who bitch about new rules the most are the same people who say that the gun does not matter.

Cuz we’re so angry no one else understands that we are the smart ones. Obviously.
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

#164 Bjorn

Bjorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:04 AM

When the gun does not matter, (more) rules makes no sense. Right?

#165 AEuropa

AEuropa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:11 PM

And just plain ADs due to guns going off from being smacked hard in the holster with the firing pin block defeated due to a lack of sufficient pre-travel.

No finger. Still bang. Fun times.

Been there (with a trigger from a well known and highly respected company within the USPSA community) and it’s REALLY not fun when the bullet misses your foot by roughly an inch.

PS: anyone who bitches that this is an old thread can suck my left nut. This is Doodie, ALL of the threads are old.

Alex

A69778

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users