Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,931 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:43 AM

?

Context

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#3 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:12 AM

If you creep and don’t get called, it is not cheating, you just should have been called out.

If you fire a shot over a fault line and don’t get called, it isn’t cheating, you just should have been called.

If you have more than division capacity and don’t get called, it isn’t cheating, you just should have been called.

It is on the ROs to do their job.

I find it humorous that people who don’t say shit when they make mistakes and don’t get called expect others to self-police.

BTW, there is no provision in the rules by which one can self-police.

#4 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:16 AM

On a side note, if we are using video to catch offenders, even if only to harass them on social media, you need to video everyone or ban video altogether.

Especially given the “not our fucking problem” policy of the .org with respect to the harassment of USPSA members by others. I

I’ve seen plenty of sketchy shit than no one fesses up to.

#5 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:32 AM

If you creep and don’t get called, it is not cheating, you just should have been called out.

If you fire a shot over a fault line and don’t get called, it isn’t cheating, you just should have been called.

If you have more than division capacity and don’t get called, it isn’t cheating, you just should have been called.

It is on the ROs to do their job.

I find it humorous that people who don’t say shit when they make mistakes and don’t get called expect others to self-police.

I don’t think I agree here. In the gambling world this is called shooting an angle and it’s frowned upon by professional gamblers. Everyone bitches about rules adjustments but I see where it’s need because of stuff like this. I wish this aspect of practical shooting were more gentlemanly and less gamer fag douchebagerry.

#6 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:43 AM

So they're not really rules, just guidelines?

#7 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:54 AM

In internet time, this might as well have happened in the 18th century. Your attempt to troll is way, way late, Nimrod

• Ben, Alma, aceinyerface and 1 other like this

#8 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:19 AM

Exceeding division capacity is not cheating (10.6.1) if you get caught, but it is cheating (10.6.1) if you don't get caught?

It is just a thing with a penalty, assess the penalty and there is no issue.

Incompetently fail to assess the penalty and now we need to harass a person on social media for not self-policing (for which there is no provision to do). 

#9 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:04 AM

it's cheating if you do it knowingly. it's just a bump to open if you do it accidentally. 

• lpc and Doc like this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#10 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:02 PM

And you can read minds?

Football, baseball and all other professional sports solved that years ago. The ref makes the call, if you did it intentionally or not, the outcome is the same. If they get the call wrong, the outcome is the same... the ref makes the call.

No mind reading required.

When was the last time you gave yourself a penalty? What procedure did you follow to do so? Or, have you never ever made a mistake and got away with it?

#11 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:40 PM

https://www.google.c...ing-final-round

No mind reading required. Big difference between volunteer RO’s and paid officials. Accidental or with purpose the penalty should be the same. Have some integrity for fuck sake.

#12 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:00 PM

of course i can't read minds. who cares? the penalty is the same whether you do it accidentally or on purpose, but it's only cheating if you do it on purpose.

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#13 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:39 PM

https://www.google.c...ing-final-round

No mind reading required. Big difference between volunteer RO’s and paid officials. Accidental or with purpose the penalty should be the same. Have some integrity for fuck sake.

That is why we need video review. If the RO doesn't catch it, you can't call it. 

Cyberstalking is a crime in many places, and simple shit fits that definition. When homeboy gets enough, he can fuck someone's world up.

http://www.lrc.ky.go...e.aspx?id=45228

http://secureflorida.../cyberstalking/

http://codes.findlaw...sect-42-07.html

It's all fun and games until you cross that line.

#14 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:42 PM

of course i can't read minds. who cares? the penalty is the same whether you do it accidentally or on purpose, but it's only cheating if you do it on purpose.

How can you 10.6.1 someone based upon getting in their mind and determining if they did something on purpose.

#15 dansedgli

dansedgli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

Who are we talking about?

#16 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,931 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:12 PM

I don’t think I agree here. In the gambling world this is called shooting an angle and it’s frowned upon by professional gamblers. Everyone bitches about rules adjustments but I see where it’s need because of stuff like this. I wish this aspect of practical shooting were more gentlemanly and less gamer fag douchebagerry.

There's no gaming in any of the situations you replied to.  Violating rules = cheating whether you get caught or not

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#17 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

Cheating is a 10.6.1 offense

Exceeding division capacity is not even a penalty.

#18 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:26 PM

There's no gaming in any of the situations you replied to. Violating rules = cheating whether you get caught or not

I believe we are arguing the same point. Perhaps the emphasis should have on douchebaggery.
  • aceinyerface likes this

#19 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:28 PM

In internet time, this might as well have happened in the 18th century. Your attempt to troll is way, way late, Nimrod

Not that late really. But I am a sucker for irony. 

Bit players in a shit show. Everyone is an example. 

#20 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:46 PM

The match was over a month ago. The video has been pulled since day one and the guy has rage quit facebook already. You didn't even post a link to the video so you already assumed everyone knew what you were talking about, which is true, because it's old news. 

Personally I think you're just mad because he's a brown Rudy guy with a French name and he beat you. 

:)

• Shootability likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users