#1 Race taco's brother

Race taco's brother

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:41 AM

I'm sure to catch heat for turning back up on Doodie. Give me a chance though. It's a little heavy, but I will get to the shooting.

Every thought or action, positive or negative, kept leading me to another wasted day. I thought I had a good life. Wake up, get through the day, get blackout drunk, repeat. This was my life for 15 years. Celebrating success with drinking. Easing failures with drinking. Hurting myself, others, and spreading negativity for most of my life. Everyone looking at me could tell I was a mess, but I couldn't see it. I didn't know I could have more. I didn't know I could be more. I didn't know I could feel better. I didn't know I could actually be happy.

I spent more time, money, thought, and energy on drinking than everything else in my life combined. It sucked, but I had to admit to myself that I would never be a better shooter continuing like this.

February of last year I had my last drink. Physically I was sick for about a month. Mentally I was a disaster for about three months. I couldn't bring myself to do anything. Literally anything. It was all too hard without drinking. Simple things like grilling dinner, picking up around the house, every small task in life was close to unbearable without drinking. It took close to a year to really put that all behind me.

That's my history. Now for the present.

I truly believe I can compete at the upper levels of our sports. I know how to and I want to.

I enjoy spending my time thinking about shooting. How to train, what to train, how to prepare, what I can do today, right now, to make me a better shooter. It turns out there is always something I can be doing to improve.

I was overweight and out of shape so I started exercising. I now have more energy. I'm faster and stronger. I am becoming a better shooter by training my body.

I had inconsistent form and technique that resulted in inconsistent performance. I started from scratch. I relearned all the basics. My draw, transitions, reloads, entry's, exits, everything. Now that I am "aware" of myself I can self diagnose pretty easily. I have been able to tighten up a lot of little things and become a faster, more accurate, consistent shooter.

I didn't handle pressure, stress, or disappointment well. I was impulsive. Quick to react without thinking. I want to be a disciplined shooter. I want to be mentally tough. For me this is a lot harder to work on than physical areas, but I have tried to simplify it. I Noticed that I perform my best when I'm in a good mood. When I'm happy with what I'm doing things just seem to keep working out for the best. It makes sense to me thinking of it like a circle. It's hard to explain, but I'll try. An example would be a 10 yard bill drill. Instead of thinking about the draw time I need, grip pressure, sight tracking... I just focus on the feeling of crushing it. That smile I get with a 1.7 10 yard bill drill and a fist sized group in the center A. When I start with that feeling, I usually shoot to that level. Let's say I put up a 1.8. My mood gets better because I like doing well. I feel better. I start shooting even better. I end up finishing 10 yard bill drills with personal bests for times, and a very positive attitude for the next drill. I am becoming a better shooter by training my attitude and thoughts.

I am happy with the shooter I am becoming. I know that I am only going to improve. I am looking forward to this season and the accomplishments I will achieve.

I will be a positive voice on Doodie.

Thanks
RTB
  • ngodwetrust21, AlphaCharis and MEISTERB like this

#2 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:32 PM

Congrats on your sobriety. It sounds like you have made some positive changes in your life.

#3 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:37 PM

I am informed. I am entertained by the tragedy of your life and your work to turn it around.

However, you didn’t tell us what division you shoot, your current gender identity, your classification, whether you hang out with snow mexicans, and what kind of pitiful manual press you load on.

You are very close to an award - don’t blow it now.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#4 u sofa king we todd ed

u sofa king we todd ed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:54 PM

Congrats on shooting better! You should have a drink to celebrate!

• peterthefish and Stranger Danger like this

#5 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

Are you trying to make amends here?

#6 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

You could always drink American beer, which is as everyone know, fucking close to water.

• peterthefish and ralloway like this

#7 Can

Can

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

When does fun race taco brother come out if you don’t drink anymore? ... want some crack? The first one is free...

qnFmwmR.jpg

#8 Race taco's brother

Race taco's brother

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:20 PM

Guano. I shoot open unclassified. I put up a few B class scores before things started to click for me and don't think it is going to be too challenging to make GM. Shooting fast and accurate gets easier for me every day. I'm working hard at being able to shoot up to my level from the first stage to the last. I shot a big SC match at the end of last season and fell pretty short of my goal. For me I have to continue improving the shooter more than the shooting.

Like many would be contenders I am saving for a 1050 or evolution. My SDB isn't up to the volume.

I got back on Doodie to talk shooting. I'm hoping I can learn from what you guys have to say. Maybe somebody could learn something from me as well.

I want to stay positive and productive while pursuing my goals.
  • peterthefish likes this

#9 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

It is hard to be positive and productive all of the time. Calibrate yourself for holding steady when things aren’t so ducky.

I award one bag of yellowed, splotchy members harvested from those who died a slow and painful death from cirrhosis of the liver. Consume them at your leisure.

Congrats for not contributing to the bag.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#10 Fishyjoe

Fishyjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:38 PM

-1 for shooting open it’s only a half step above pcc.

+1 for trying to be a gooder human being

If at any point you decide to fall off the wagon, be sure to drunken rage post here first, you owe us that at the very least. Enjoy your BoDs
  • Buck Turgidson likes this

#11 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:01 AM

I give +1 for shooting open, so that makes it even again.

#12 ngodwetrust21

ngodwetrust21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:06 PM

Awesome intro post. Congrats on your year of sobriety! Welcome back to Doodie!
Get busy living, or get busy dying.

#13 flyingpig

flyingpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:36 PM

QUITTER!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users